Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep per head grazing

Options
  • 07-11-2018 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How much per day for a sheep .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭148multi

Patbadger wrote: »

Well it depends, if a neighbour wanted me to graze it could be from the 0-10 cent, when I was stuck I gave over 20. It depends on the situation, ground, fencing, amount of grass. If you get large area with short grass is better value per ewe than smaller area with heavy covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭DBK1

Patbadger wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of the current rate for grazing lambs?

I’m the go between for 2 farmers and one is asking me how much should he offer and the other is asking me how much should he charge!! There’d be about 100 lambs going out on about 15 acres of good after grass, fenced with sheep wire, good dry ground. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

DBK1 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of the current rate for grazing lambs?

I’m the go between for 2 farmers and one is asking me how much should he offer and the other is asking me how much should he charge!! There’d be about 100 lambs going out on about 15 acres of good after grass, fenced with sheep wire, good dry ground. Thanks.

70C/week but can be up to €1/week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭DBK1

wrangler wrote: »
    70C/week but can be up to €1/week
    Thanks Wrangler.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

Anyone any idea what stubble turnips and rape would be worth/head/week? It’s impossible to price have a fella with a few acres that isn’t keen on buying store lambs at the prices around here wondering if I’d take it off him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Anyone any idea what stubble turnips and rape would be worth/head/week? It’s impossible to price have a fella with a few acres that isn’t keen on buying store lambs at the prices around here wondering if I’d take it off him

Would it be the same as grass or more

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

wrangler wrote: »
    Would it be the same as grass or more

I suppose it’s maybe only worth the same as good grass to me but it will probably graze more than grass

Advertisement