Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insurance for Dog Over 8

Options
  • 21-09-2020 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've searched online and can't find anybody in Ireland who will insure a pet over 8 years. There are companies in the UK who will. Have I missed an insurance company and there is somebody in Ireland who will insure a dog that is 8 years and 10 months old?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

No, I don't think you can insure a dog over 8 unfortunately. We adopted our girl at 9 and the rescue has a scheme where they will contribute to any exceptional vet treatment she needs since we can't insure her. You could set up a dedicated savings account to pay into for any unforeseen expenses instead of an insurance policy? That was our plan b.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

No, I don't think you can insure a dog over 8 unfortunately. We adopted our girl at 9 and the rescue has a scheme where they will contribute to any exceptional vet treatment she needs since we can't insure her. You could set up a dedicated savings account to pay into for any unforeseen expenses instead of an insurance policy? That was our plan b.
    That's a very good idea. Thanks a mil.

Advertisement