Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting it close

Options
  • 10-07-2017 6:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello!
    I came over to Vancouver from Ireland in October 2015 with a two year work visa under my belt. 
    I was so busy making friends, having adventures and falling in love (Canadian girlfriend) that I didn't notice the time fly by.
    Now I am having sleepless nights thinking of how to stay? and which route to take? I need help!

My visa runs out October 18th.
    I would love to apply for an extension on my visa but my passport runs out April of next year.
    The waiting list for a new passport is roughly 10 weeks and 6 weeks for processing the visa extension application (accepted or not).
    I do not have a "skill" per se but I have been employed full time the entire time I have been here.
    To say I am cutting it close is putting it lightly.
    I know I shouldn't have left it to the last moment and should have listened to everyone who said " do not leave it too long". 
    I came over for fun and a holiday but fell in love and desperately need to stay, for a long time or maybe even the rest of my life!
    Can anyone give me help?

Comments

Advertisement