Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a decent job in Toronto with no degree?

Options
  • 03-06-2017 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, I have a 2 year working holiday Visa that is due to be activated in a few months, what are my chances of finding work in Toronto without having a degree? I have 2 years done in college with no real qualification and I have an APA (Level 7) in Banking.

I have many years of experience as a retail manager and 1 year in banking. What would be the likelihood of finding a banking job over there with no degree? The aim would be to try and make a living over there and stay permanently if I like it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 filmfanb

I asked this question a while back and was told I would fine it really difficult to get a job when I am up against others with degrees. Over there they apparently really look at those as important. I work in IT and have no qualifications and it was all on the job learning
    BUT
    Then I actually asked a recruiter over there and they said the in my industry people who can actually interact with others and have accents get jobs quite a lot easier that those with degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Brilliant thanks a mil for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    I have 2 years done in college with no real qualification and I have an APA (Level 7) in Banking.
    Did you fail or did you pass? If you failed, meh. If you passed, pay the 200 for wes.org to tell you what it's equal to in Canadian terms, as Canadian employers will see what it is.

Advertisement