Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mariaville, Maynooth (Cairn Homes)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Justdesserts

Hi Wheresthebeef. I saw your post about living in Mariaville. We are moving from Denmark and considering that development. On Google Maps I see a farm very close to Mariaville and wonder if it creates an unpleasant smell in the area, as farms often do. Also, is it a quiet area or do you have loud neighbors? How do you like living there, now that it's been several months? Thanks for any info you can provide.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

All of Maynooth occasionally gets farm smells; its inherent with living in a town with open countryside around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Aelun

@wheresthebeef... We finally got our keys last Friday on Moyglare Green and delighted so far. I seen in the broadband forum that you had a similar experience to us at the moment regarding bb. We have our Eircode, but it's only showing on the Airwire checker. Can you remember roughly how long after before it appeared on Virgin, Eir etc? Looking at the Open Eir site it looks like FTTH is not available with Virgin being the best speed wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thekingof60

Aelun wrote: »
    @wheresthebeef... We finally got our keys last Friday on Moyglare Green and delighted so far. I seen in the broadband forum that you had a similar experience to us at the moment regarding bb. We have our Eircode, but it's only showing on the Airwire checker. Can you remember roughly how long after before it appeared on Virgin, Eir etc? Looking at the Open Eir site it looks like FTTH is not available with Virgin being the best speed wise.

Just wondering how long did it take you from snagging to getting keys in the end. We also should be in Moyglare grn in the next month or so.

We snagged on Wednesday 26th and closed and got the keys on the Friday week (4th sept)... Our loan offer was due to expire by the end of business that Friday too, so we used that as a way to put a bit of pressure on Cairn. We didn't want to go getting an extension with the bank in the current climate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 thekingof60

We snagged on Wednesday 26th and closed and got the keys on the Friday week (4th sept)... Our loan offer was due to expire by the end of business that Friday too, so we used that as a way to put a bit of pressure on Cairn. We didn't want to go getting an extension with the bank in the current climate. Which house number are you moving into if you don't mind me asking.
    We will be a few doors down (edited on moderators advice)- hoping to be in in late September but probably October. We are just trying to get a firm date for snagging lined up now. If you don't mind sharing would you recommend the snagger you used.

We will be a few doors down (edited on moderators advice)- hoping to be in in late September but probably October. We are just trying to get a firm date for snagging lined up now. If you don't mind sharing would you recommend the snagger you used.

We were lucky in that my girlfriend's uncle is a retired builder so he was able to do it for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Packers2021

Hi All,

Newbie to the forum, I am looking at buying a house with my partner in Mariavilla (Dunboyne entrance).

I am wondering does anyone know when the estate is due to be finished in its entirety? Will there be a an entrance at the back of the estate for the other estates behind to gain access to the Dunboyne road? Has any of the units in this development been sold to the council or social housing bodies (I know a cuckoo fund purchased the phase on Moyglare Road.

I assume the green field to the right is not re-zoned land and will not be built on.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Hi Wheresthebeef. I saw your post about living in Mariaville. We are moving from Denmark and considering that development. On Google Maps I see a farm very close to Mariaville and wonder if it creates an unpleasant smell in the area, as farms often do. Also, is it a quiet area or do you have loud neighbors? How do you like living there, now that it's been several months? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Sorry only seeing this now.
    No unpleasant smells to date. You can hear an occasional ‘Moo’.
    Area is very quiet. Mostly young couples, not many kids yet. We’re very happy here. Neighbours are great, we were lucky we all got to meet in person before Covid so we keep in touch now and had a few outdoor beers during lockdown and a few Zoom drinks which was nice too. Maynooth is a great town and only a short walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Our Eircode didn’t appear on Virgin until after we got service. Our addresses went up initially as “Mariavilla Lawns” and were then subsequently amended as Virgins database got more accurate updates. Try searching by address rather than Eircode.
    Virgin is currently your only option. The estate is sadly in a limbo with other providers in that Eir are not laying any new copper lines, but the FTTH lines aren’t completed yet. The Airwire line checker shows VDSL as available but it isn’t. Until FTTH comes on stream, Virgin is your only option.
    Welcome to the neighbourhood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Can I ask what traffic is like in mornings usually? (pre-COVID) and whether the estate is within walking distance to train station?

Our Eircode didn’t appear on Virgin until after we got service. Our addresses went up initially as “Mariavilla Lawns” and were then subsequently amended as Virgins database got more accurate updates. Try searching by address rather than Eircode.
    Virgin is currently your only option. The estate is sadly in a limbo with other providers in that Eir are not laying any new copper lines, but the FTTH lines aren’t completed yet. The Airwire line checker shows VDSL as available but it isn’t. Until FTTH comes on stream, Virgin is your only option.
    Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Cheers... Yeah, it showing up on Virgin now. Pity we have only have the option of Virgin as no FTTH. At least their speeds are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

Sorry To be bringing up and old thread. Just wondering as we are considering putting down booking deposit here. But when googling I see developer had changed planning from 40 apartments to over 300? Has this been allowed can anyone tell me. Thank you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They haven't actually applied for that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

My partner and I were up in Mariaville over the weekend and love the look of the estate and we're considering buying there.

I see that there is new building going on and was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of upcoming phases and if so how many potentially available units there will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

My partner and I were up in Mariaville over the weekend and love the look of the estate and we're considering buying there.

I see that there is new building going on and was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of upcoming phases and if so how many potentially available units there will be?

Given what happened at Mullen park, you can imagine how intense going to be at Mariaville

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

you2008 wrote: »
    Given what happened at Mullen park, you can imagine how intense going to be at Mariaville

Any idea bout the next phase?

Advertisement