Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booster pump for domestic hot water

Options
  • 21-09-2020 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a pump to boost hot water supply only? It will be supplying 2 taps only - recently fitted a new kitchen and the pressure on the hot for the sink mixer tap is non existent so looking to boost this circuit that feeds the kitchen and utility room - pipework is approx 40 ft long

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a pump to boost hot water supply only? It will be supplying 2 taps only - recently fitted a new kitchen and the pressure on the hot for the sink mixer tap is non existent so looking to boost this circuit that feeds the kitchen and utility room - pipework is approx 40 ft long

I'm the same, water is very slow. Plumber said if I raise the tank but not sure how well that will work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭ratracer

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was the pressure ok before the new kitchen was fitted? Could be a wrong size pipe fitted which would affect pressure/ flow?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Yeah it was fine beforehand but the new type taps use a smaller pipe than the older 1/2" ones. I dont mind having to pump it, just need to figure out what pump is suitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭monseiur

I'm not a plumber but until the professionals come along....a 1.5 bar Stuart Turner Monsoon pump should sort you out, they are not the cheapest but are the best available. Also check if your mixer taps are for high pressure or low pressure water system, your plumber should be able to advise you on both pump & taps.
    M.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

monseiur wrote: »
    I'm not a plumber but until the professionals come along....a 1.5 bar Stuart Turner Monsoon pump should sort you out, they are not the cheapest but are the best available. Also check if your mixer taps are for high pressure or low pressure water system, your plumber should be able to advise you on both pump & taps.
    M.

Thanks i will have a look - the taps are high pressure. Father is a retired plumber but isnt sure on whats out there these days so said i would ask the pro's on boards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭CoBo55

You need low pressure taps then, not a pump.

Advertisement