Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earthquake!

Options
  • 18-03-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I think the southeast coast may have just felt a mini earthquake!

Cant find anything to support this on earthquake tafoni.net or any other recent earthquakes sites. But people defo felt the earth move and head rumbles here.
    Anyone else feel anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Whahey! wrote: »

Cant find anything to support this on earthquake tafoni.net or any other recent earthquakes sites. But people defo felt the earth move and head rumbles here.

A lot of reports of a tremor on Twitter alright from Wexford and South Wicklow it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

Nothing to report from south wexford where i am anyway?
    What time was it supposed to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Whahey! wrote: »

I'm in Gorey, didn't feel anything as such but heard very loud rumble, sounded like a truck going by my front door

In the last few minutes (9.15 ish) if what people are saying on Twitter is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Whahey!

Bejubby wrote: »
    Nothing to report from south wexford where i am anyway?
    What time was it supposed to happen?

Bout half an hour ago! Facebook seems to be goin mad there about it. Was felt mainly in Wexford town, Rosslare , The Ballagh apparently too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

eigrod wrote: »
    In the last few minutes (9.15 ish) if what people are saying on Twitter is true.

Didnt hear or feel a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Whahey!

jay28 wrote: »
    I'm in Gorey, didn't feel anything as such but heard very loud rumble, sounded like a truck going by my front door

Yeah i didn't feel it but i heard rumbles too, the cats woke up and started acting strange around the sitting room-un easy like.

Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wexshot

Rumbled through here about half an hour ago in southeast Wexford the couch was shaking and the windows

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Irish Seismic Sensors don't show any sign of Earthquake but Welsh Coast Sensor shows it, time was 20:46

BjCo1qsCUAMg8_u.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

The rumble I heard and felt was well after 9. Probably around 9:15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Very weird, I'm in Sligo, but earlier on this evening there was a loud rumbling and the house seemed to shake. I checked outside, I live in the middle of nowhere, but no neighbouring farmers were nearby with tractors. I was in Dublin in the 1980s when there was an earthquake, and I honestly wondered if that was what had happened earlier on. It was earlier than 20:46 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Felt absolutely nothing in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Rosslare mate deffo heard the rumbling, lasted about 10 seconds apparentely, they thought it was thunder ! No shaking of his property

Nothing mentioned on this though

http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/

Lightning/Thunder detectors clear for the time aswell, no sferics at that time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭freesia1

www.rte.ie/news/todays-headlines.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

2.2 mag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Yeah heard this,small cattle went mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 summer_chic

Is anyone else finding the number of earthquakes around Ireland alarming ? There was one off the coast of cork in the last couple of months too ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is anyone else finding the number of earthquakes around Ireland alarming ? There was one off the coast of cork in the last couple of months too ..

not too worried about about a few 1's and 2's - if we were having a succession of 4's and 5's, that would be a bit more worrisome.

2.5 mag

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

vicwatson wrote: »
    2.5 mag

another one ?

No. The mag was 2.5 not 2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We get an earthquake once every week in Castlebar, we call it Roadstone.

Guy on the radio the other day said there are no more happening than ever happened. Just with Social Media, more people hear about them and talk about them.

Advertisement