Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are yorkies too chunky for women?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

the_syco wrote:
    Yorkie ad;

Woman goes to footbal game, wearing the local teams shirt.
    "Oh, look, she's wearing the same top as me; I'm going home"

=-=

Funny 'cos its true.

Thats funny but women can take it if they eant it I sat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭steviem

You may have noticed that an advertising campaign for Yorkie chocolate bars is based on the slogan "Not For Girls", the premise being that they are too big and chunky for ladies to eat.

So when a member of the dungaree brigade walked into a pub in Rotherham and asked for a bar of the aforementioned chocolate, the barman refused saying: "Sorry, they're not for girls." Such wit. Predictably in this day and age, the pub is now being sued by the aggrieved woman for sex discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

steviem wrote:
    So when a member of the dungaree brigade walked into a pub in Rotherham and asked for a bar of the aforementioned chocolate, the barman refused saying: "Sorry, they're not for girls." Such wit. Predictably in this day and age, the pub is now being sued by the aggrieved woman for sex discrimination.

Why do I not believe that story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

The real question is - is kieora too juicy for crows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

It is probably one of the most offensive, degrading, sexist add campaigns ever

Hyperbole? where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Nope its not too juicy - but it is too orangey.

Then theres the whole squash \ capri-sun debate, and does a Mars a day help you work rest and play...

Really I just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Are they too chunky for girls?
    No ... but I am.

ho, ho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 funkyniff

Yorkie Actualy Did A Promotion To Include Girls They Got Permission To Call The Isle Of Man "the Isle Of Woman" For The Weekend And Changed The Wrappers To Pink!!
    I Personaly Love Yorkies Esp The Raison (cant Spell) And Biscuit....mmmmm
    http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13291900,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Wolf wrote:
    Women can eat them but only if broken up first by a strong man.... :p

They shouldn't bite, suck the bar instead. I believe there is a lesson here for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Its kinda funny but still a bit sexist. Its like saying to some women, you can't drink out of a pint glass, only half pints. Surely if they're too chunky for women they should have made them less chunky, I've seen the new bars and they're the same size only with pink wrappers, whats changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

ether wrote:
    Its kinda funny but still a bit sexist. Its like saying to some women, you can't drink out of a pint glass, only half pints. Surely if they're too chunky for women they should have made them less chunky, I've seen the new bars and they're the same size only with pink wrappers, whats changed?

em.................the wrapper ?............don't you know colour makes all the difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

are yorkies too chunky for women?

hell no! break 'em in with a yorkie and then work 'em up to an airport toblerone, now THATS a chunky hunk o' chocolate :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

ah god the tolerones are fúcking too big my friend got me one last year i think its time to get rid of it....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

they should come with little hacksaws in the wrapper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

rkm wrote:
    The yorkie choclate isnt that nice.
    exactly! the quality of the chocolate, the taste, the texture are all so very poor that i couldnt give a rats ass what theirs ads are like.

Oh, and women can handle the chunkiness, ask yor ma!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

"The Boys go to Mars to get more bars,
    The Girls go to Jupiter to get more stupider!"

I heard this great rhyme in the schoolyard when I was 5-6,
    this debate reminded me of it, girls are taking over all our stuff,
    if they get to the Yorkie all is lost for our gender,
    for the love of God, is nothing sacred?
    All over Ireland there are mach3 razors clogged with filthy leg 'n' pit hair,
    and we do nothing, well I've had enough, the line must be drawn here!
    this far and no further. The Yorkie may not be the nicest bar,
    but the rasin and biscut ones are well worth fighting for.

Advertisement