Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a 'Ducking Underer'?

Options
  • 25-04-2012 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

If so, quit it! You are skipping the queue, no matter how deft your limbo skills are! Don't get me wrong: I have partaken in a little 'ducking undering' myself, but ONLY when NOBODY has entered the roped off area which has been designated for queuing.

I am sick of you ducking cunts that will jog up alongside a roped off area where and just duck under right in fcuking front of those people that are walking the walk, as they are QUEUING! Ducking the queue is just as bad in my eyes as jumping the queue. A ducking good kick in the nandos is what you duckers need.

Now, I had thought most people would feel this way, but turns out they don't and I have actually had people (who were friends, we no longer speak) tell me that they believe it's fair game to duck under in front of people that have not reached the stationary part of the queue. What kind of mad thought process is that?

So, thought I'd put it to the vote - is it queue jumping or not?

Is 'ducking undering' queue jumping? 36 votes

Yes, ducking undering is jumping the queue no matter what!
    0%
    No, because the people have not reached the stationary part of the queue yet!
    58%
    bikoDavyD_83RaoulDaftendirektTeyla EmmaganirelandroverGuillLittleBookEathrinhypermuseMungBeanDonnielightogrindleFromthetreesduchallablackwhiteWhiteRose90mummymooStupifySea Filly 21 votes
    ZX Spectrum
    41%
    banquoneilmspoofilyjInterceptorCorkfeenParsley[Deleted User]BlazerDr. Baltarthe groutchfrag420decisionsgigawattBlimpyBoyJammy Donut 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

yeah pisses me off. if someone skips me like this, i will abuse them verbally while we wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

If it's in a queue for a night club then I'm hammered and don't give a shit either way. Otherwise I don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Seachmall wrote: »
    If it's in a queue for a night club then I'm hammered and don't give a shit either way. Otherwise I don't do it.

I agree if you are drunk then it dosent count as skipping :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Those ropes are just a guideline to show you where the front of the Q is.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

They're like roadway signs in car parks, you can go anywhere ye want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Yes, this is one of the bigger problems that Ireland faces at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

ZX Spectrum
    Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Those ropes are just a guideline to show you where the front of the Q is.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

They're like roadway signs in car parks, you can go anywhere ye want

you're just getting to the queue faster. totally legit IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

If I had any idea what you are talking about I would gladly vote in your poll.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I tried ducking under.. but became entangled in the rope, choking myself in the process and passing out. I am a Fùcking Blunderer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Peetrik wrote: »
    Yes, this is one of the bigger problems that Ireland faces at the moment.

It's an epidemic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I don't skip past, people that do are cnuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Unless the gubberment deals with this issue then I'm voting NO...

to everything:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

lividduck wrote: »
    Unless the gubberment deals with this issue then I'm voting NO...

to everything:D

If you vote No the country will actually implode and you'll grow hairy toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

If one looks hard enough, one can occasionally see positive features in our English neighbours and it would be good to follow their example. As George Bernard Shaw famously pointed out: "An Englishman, even if he is alone, forms an orderly queue of one.":):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Great way of skipping the dole queue if your late for work.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's silly to follow the ropes around when there's no queue formed there. So yeah, if you're dumb enough to walk in a zig-zag before you even get to the queue that's your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

No. I like to keep my hair dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

ZX Spectrum
    The consittution says that if there is a distance between people in the queue that is equal to or more than the outstretched wingspan of a spastic hawk in flight then one may duck under and acquire said space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Do people's souls end up in limbo if they do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

ZX Spectrum
    Only if the do the limbo under the rope..............

Advertisement