Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you / Could you ever be a vegetarian?

1235»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

neddas wrote: »
    Especially common is anaemia, two vegetarian friends of mine became anaemic when giving up meat.

20 years being a veggie, never had the anaemia once, very common mis-conception that one, so it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Anecdotal evidence is unreliable in most situations. When it comes to vegetarians versus omnivores, it's completely useless. By definition vegetarians are more selective about what they eat. They are more likely to think about what they're putting down the hatch than omnivores.

So notwithstanding any advantages not eating meat may have over eating meat or vice versa, your average vegetarian is less likely to eat junk food and more likely to exercise.

So it really has to come down to the science. Actual studying of what contains what and how the body deals with etc. Rather than meaningless statistics like 90 of vegetarians live til they're X years old or meat eaters have a higher rate of disease X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Perhaps I could. I do enjoy a lot of vegetarian dishes - many of which I consider far more interesting than meat/poultry/fish dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i just had a lovely half pounder burger from the chipper, no way would i or could i live without meat

Advertisement