Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are women worse than men when drunk in general?

Options
  • 01-01-2015 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Or just Irish women?

Not very well traveled when it comes to the night scene. American women seemed pretty well behaved when I went out there in the past.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Yes, Irish women are worse than men, any fast food takeaway in Ireland at 3am on a Sunday morning will tell you easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Yes, Irish women are worse than men, any fast food takeaway in Ireland at 3am will tell you easily!

This was actually what inspired my thread. Pure absolute trash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Being a drunken idiot is not gender specific.

Being a drunken idiot is not gender specific.

Doesn't answer my question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Do men generalize more than women? :cool:

• Advertisement

Colinf1212 wrote: »

Yes it does. There are people that can handle their drink, and there are knobs. What way they pee has fcuk all to do with it.

Yes it does. There are people that can handle their drink, and there are knobs. What way they pee has fcuk all to do with it.

No it doesn't. Never said it was gender specific. I asked in general what was the consensus.

So in your opinion women and men in general handle their drink perfectly equal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Well then. let me answer that for ya.....
    Drunken people are drunken people, gender does not apply here.
    But thanks for taking the time to start another gender melee :pac:

Smidge wrote: »
    Well then. let me answer that for ya.....
    Drunken people are drunken people, gender does not apply here.

Wow. Philosophical.

"Drunken people are drunken people"

No it doesn't. Never said it was gender specific. I asked in general what was the consensus.

So in your opinion women and men in general handle their drink perfectly equal?
    Everybody handles it differently, there is nothing general about alcohol consumption. Except maybe the hole in your wallet.

• Advertisement

Everybody handles it differently, there is nothing general about alcohol consumption. Except maybe the hole in your wallet.

I'm asking for the general consensus on who handles their drink better. Never asked whether being a drunken idiot was gender specific. So no it doesn't answer my question.

If you don't have an answer don't reply. Either you "generally" think it's equal, men handle it worse, or women handle it worse. The thread isn't to be taken so technically just to come out on your high horse.

I started the thread for men and women to give their own empiricist views.

I'm asking for the general consensus on who handles their drink better. Never asked whether being a drunken idiot was gender specific. So no it doesn't answer my question.

If you don't have an answer don't reply. Either you "generally" think it's equal, men handle it worse, or women handle it worse. The thread isn't to be taken so technically just to come out on your high horse.

I started the thread for men and women to give their own empiricist views.
    This is like arguing with a drunk person :D

I don't 'generally' think anything at all, because there is nothing 'general' about. Cope a half bottle of vodka into a thousand people and every single one of them will handle it differently.

This is like arguing with a drunk person :D

I don't 'generally' think anything at all, because there is nothing 'general' about. Cope a half bottle of vodka into a thousand people and every single one of them will handle it differently.

Yeah, except I worked to 1am tonight and haven't drank a sip.

This is like arguing with a pedantic. Pointless.

Let's take your test. Cope a half bottle of vodka into a thousand average women and a thousand average men. Who would handle it better?

Let's take your test. Cope a half bottle of vodka into a thousand average women and a thousand average men. Who would handle it better?

Cope a half bottle of vodka into a thousand average bakers and a thousand average butchers, who would handle it better?

I've just finished a twenty hour shift and I'm here arguing about drink a blink into the new year. Enough already. Goodnight. Happy New Year!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Individuals. You are mind drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Sober here after a good few beers at this hour, and am 100% happy because all of that sh!t of drunkenly slobbering all over me is over with.

Women and men are at this stage in 2015 just as bad as each-other, but women have less tolerance and can be a lot worse :).

New year :pac::pac: it means nothing, it's just another day, the sun comes up from the east just like any-other, happy new year me arse, it's just another drunken excuse to get more drunken, waste of bangers if you ask me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

It's quite common to be pushed out of the way by a snobby woman. Maybe the OP has a point or I need to stop drinking with middle class millennials.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Sure it does. Women can't pee on the street as inconspicuously as men, therefore they are worse than men when drunk. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Some can be worse for starting arguments and just acting cunty. I think it's due to lower tolerance for alcohol and an assumption that they aren't going to be subjected to violence, no matter how badly they act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

It's an unfair comparison, there are way more drunk idiot men than women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

To my mind the question isn't just who can handle their drink better. You also need to consider who will choose to continue to drink past the point of sense or reason.

If we're going to generalise along gender lines here, I have more male friends who are actual alcoholics, as in regularly drink to excess in a way that is outside of their control and is detrimental to their lives. However I have more female friends who are an awful pain in the hole when drunk- crying or getting sick or starting pointless arguments. I also can think of a few female friends who fall into the former category, and a few male friends who fall into the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Women drunk men drunk, hard to choose.

Some men can get very aggressive when drinking but usually there is always another male who will put them in there place.

Some woman are lethal when drunk and when they kick of its bedlam as you have usually drunken men coming to there aid and it goes on from there,with the women usually screaming.

If I had a choice,which would be a terrible situation to be in I would rather be with a drunken male,
    So yes women are worse :-)

Slante

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Ladies in the Ireland of 2015' do not act very ladylike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement