Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap parts for sale

• 04-07-2020 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi all,

Priced to go. I'm in Donabate. Collection only please. Really for people looking for parts for a turbo bike or a cheap winter bike.

Felt/Alex rims 8/9/10 speed wheelset. Note that these will not accept an 11 speed cassette. I bought these off a friend as they were unwanted with his TT bike purchase. The rear has mainly been used as a turbo wheel. The bearings or great. The front has seen a lot more use outside and the bearings here are mildly rough (very mild imo). Both wheels perfectly true and plenty of breaking life left in the rims. €25 including skewers.

Shimano ultegra 10 speed 6600 levers (double). Work fine but show signs of wear and tear. Tear on the top of the rubber hoods and both name plate caps were broken in a crash. Neither impacts the shifting performance or disturbs your hand position. (this is the part I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5AQgJEPdyc). €20

Shimano tiagra 4400 9 speed levers (double/triple). There is a tear in the right rubber hood. May annoy some people when holding the hoods. To be honest, I've never found these to be the most accurate shifters, particularly the front shifting. Upon reading these appear to be the last shifters that shimano made for both double and triple. The rear I also found a little sloppy but I was used to 105/ultegra on my other bikes. €10

Two pairs of shimano spd sl pedals. Ronseal pedals. I just switched to looks. €10 each

Front tubular cx wheel and tub. It is an old mavic tubular rim mounted to a shiny unbranded hub. FMB supermud tubular stuck on. Includes skewer.

Honestly, wheel is true and bearings are great but it is a good bit heavier than my race wheels. The tub has been used for many seasons and I just felt it was starting to lose a little grip. Glen Kinning talks about it here and how to prolong the life out of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JojdYto-jU

If you're dipping you're toe in cyclocross and have a cantilever bike, buy this wheel. You'll be amazed at how low you can run the pressure and increase the grip in comparison to clinchers. €25

Bell meteor ii tt helmet. I removed all stickers and there are minor cracks around the ear flaps (approx 1cm). these are not structural. €15

Felt 100mm stem 31.8 clamp €10

ISM 44cm c2c handlebars 31.8 clamp €10

Campagnolo veloce 10 speed front derailleur 31.8 clamp. €5

Sram 8speed cassette 12-26. €5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Euppy wrote: »
    Hi all,

Priced to go. I'm in Donabate. Collection only please. Really for people looking for parts for a turbo bike or a cheap winter bike.

Felt/Alex rims 8/9/10 speed wheelset. Note that these will not accept an 11 speed cassette. I bought these off a friend as they were unwanted with his TT bike purchase. The rear has mainly been used as a turbo wheel. The bearings or great. The front has seen a lot more use outside and the bearings here are mildly rough (very mild imo). Both wheels perfectly true and plenty of breaking life left in the rims. €25 including skewers.

Shimano ultegra 10 speed 6600 levers (double). Work fine but show signs of wear and tear. Tear on the top of the rubber hoods and both name plate caps were broken in a crash. Neither impacts the shifting performance or disturbs your hand position. (this is the part I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5AQgJEPdyc). €20

Shimano tiagra 4400 9 speed levers (double/triple). There is a tear in the right rubber hood. May annoy some people when holding the hoods. To be honest, I've never found these to be the most accurate shifters, particularly the front shifting. Upon reading these appear to be the last shifters that shimano made for both double and triple. The rear I also found a little sloppy but I was used to 105/ultegra on my other bikes. €10

Two pairs of shimano spd sl pedals. Ronseal pedals. I just switched to looks. €10 each

Front tubular cx wheel and tub. It is an old mavic tubular rim mounted to a shiny unbranded hub. FMB supermud tubular stuck on. Includes skewer.

Honestly, wheel is true and bearings are great but it is a good bit heavier than my race wheels. The tub has been used for many seasons and I just felt it was starting to lose a little grip. Glen Kinning talks about it here and how to prolong the life out of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JojdYto-jU

If you're dipping you're toe in cyclocross and have a cantilever bike, buy this wheel. You'll be amazed at how low you can run the pressure and increase the grip in comparison to clinchers. €25

Bell meteor ii tt helmet. I removed all stickers and there are minor cracks around the ear flaps (approx 1cm). these are not structural. €15

Hi, I'm interested in the Felt/Alex wheelset. Are you within walking distance of Donabate train station by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Hi, I'm interested in the Felt/Alex wheelset. Are you within walking distance of Donabate train station by any chance?

Yes, and happy to meet there. PM me to arrange

Some additional items:

Shimano 5700 105 rear derailleur. Brand new in box. It is 10 speed and short cage. €20

26in v brake mtb/commuter wheelset include schwalbe marathon tyres. Mismatched wheelset. Front wheel has deore xt hub on a mavic 317 rim. Rear wheel is a shimano deore hub on a vuelta quattro rim. Rear wheel is perfect. Front hub is almost perfect, I'd regrease the bearings. Kewers included. 2 brand new schwalbe marathon 26x1.5 tyres and a used 26x1.75 marathon. Bomb proof, practically puncture proof wheelset. €40

Will have this in Dublin for another fortnight, then going into long term storage.

All but the felt/alex rims wheelset available

I will be putting this in long-term storage on Thursday evening. If there is anything you want speak up now.

If you have interest in the parts at a later date, I will only have access to it about once a month or so, but all items will still be available (just that you'll have to wait a while).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭joey100

Will the rear derailleur (105) work with the 10 speed ultegra shifters? I think they should as they are both 10 speed but just checking.

There would be no problems with these parts working together as cable pull and actuation ratios were maintained even though they were different generation (i.e. newer 105 derailleur vs older ultegra shifters).

The only 10 speed road thing that is different is Tiagra 4700. You must pair those shifters and derailleurs. God knows why they made that specific iteration of tiagra so unique.

I wont be back in Dublin until Monday. Do you want me to bring the parts back with me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭joey100

Perfect, I'll take the 105 derailleur and the ultegra shifters and a set of the shimano spd sl pedals. Think that works out at 50 euro so I'll offer the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭mazza

Hi Euppy,

Offer 35e for 26" wheelset, tyres etc.

I'll be up that way Tue morning and could collect.

Thanks,

Mazza

quote="Euppy;113944676"]Some additional items:

Shimano 5700 105 rear derailleur. Brand new in box. It is 10 speed and short cage. €20

26in v brake mtb/commuter wheelset include schwalbe marathon tyres. Mismatched wheelset. Front wheel has deore xt hub on a mavic 317 rim. Rear wheel is a shimano deore hub on a vuelta quattro rim. Rear wheel is perfect. Front hub is almost perfect, I'd regrease the bearings. Kewers included. 2 brand new schwalbe marathon 26x1.5 tyres and a used 26x1.75 marathon. Bomb proof, practically puncture proof wheelset. €40[/quote]

Howdy Mazza,

These are stored elsewhere now. I could have them back in Dublin in 2 weeks' time if you are not in need of them immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭mazza

Howdy Mazza,

These are stored elsewhere now. I could have them back in Dublin in 2 weeks' time if you are not in need of them immediately.

Thanks, Euppy.

I'll PM you now and we can set something up.

If anyone want any of the remaining items, I can bring them back to Dublin on Sunday night. Let me know. Otherwise, they will remain in storage for another month. A reminder of the items I have left:

A pair of shimano spd sl pedals. Ronseal pedals. I just switched to looks. €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Hi are the alex wheels gone?

yes, all remaining items are in my previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 13 joenathan

Hi Euppy
    If they're still available, I'll take the Tiagra levers, Felt stem and Shimano pedals at asking price.
    Thanks,
    Jonathan.

joenathan wrote: »
    Hi Euppy
    If they're still available, I'll take the Tiagra levers, Felt stem and Shimano pedals at asking price.
    Thanks,
    Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,

They are indeed still available but I will not have them in Dublin until 14 September or so. If that still works for you let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 joenathan

Hi Jonathan,

They are indeed still available but I will not have them in Dublin until 14 September or so. If that still works for you let me know.

That's fine thanks Euppy, I can wait until then.
    Jonathan.

Provide that Jonathan takes the items, I have the following remaining. I have access to them this weekend and can bring back to Dublin. I will leave them in storage if no-one posts that they want any of the following items by tomorrow:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭ciarsciars

Hi, is the CX tubular wheel gone?

ciarsciars wrote: »
    Hi, is the CX tubular wheel gone?

Oh no, forgot about that item. Still here

• Advertisement

Oh no, forgot about that item. Still here

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Offer 20euro for that wheel.
    thanks

Hi Ciar,

Due to level 3 restrictions in Dublin I mightn't be able to get it out of storage for a while. I'll let you know when I can get access to it and we can talk again

Hi Ciar,

Due to level 3 restrictions in Dublin I mightn't be able to get it out of storage for a while. I'll let you know when I can get access to it and we can talk again

No bother and thanks

Advertisement