Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inspector this week, is this the final hurdle?

Options
  • 26-01-2020 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

As the title says
    inspector is coming this week, to assess means, for blind pension claim
    Is this the last hoop to jump through, and will I have payment soon? Can they put something through on the day they come, and will the claim be ongoing from then on?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

afterglow wrote: »
    As the title says
    inspector is coming this week, to assess means, for blind pension claim
    Is this the last hoop to jump through, and will I have payment soon? Can they put something through on the day they come, and will the claim be ongoing from then on?
    Thanks

The inspector will compile a report which she/he will pass on to a deciding officer in Sligo who will then decide if you are eligible for blind pension based on your means test and the medical evidence. The inspector cannot organise for you to be awarded a payment.
    Have you contacted your local CWO about an interim payment while your waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

splinter65 wrote: »
    The inspector will compile a report which she/he will pass on to a deciding officer in Sligo who will then decide if you are eligible for blind pension based on your means test and the medical evidence. The inspector cannot organise for you to be awarded a payment.
    Have you contacted your local CWO about an interim payment while your waiting?
    Hi @splinter65. I haven't, because i understand if you do that, you have to pay it back or something? my family think its best to just wait and start a fresh, not go into things already owing back money etc. And to be fair, this prolapsed disk I have, has me on lockdown pretty much anyway, so I'm not missing not having money as such, though it will be nice to finally have it sorted
    How long do those deciding officers take? All medical evidence, multiple forms, as I've already said, have already been submitted
    Cheers for your reply, realy appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

You don’t have to pay back anything you get from the CWO. It will simply be taken from any arrears owed to you when you are awarded the blind pension and it is backdated you the date of your application.
    It’s impossible to put a time frame on you finally being in a payment. It’s dreadfully convoluted with a local inspector calling to see you, he/she writing up a report, sending the report to Sligo, someone in Sligo being appointed to make a desicion blah blah blah. So I would definitely try to see the CWO.
    If you think you physically can’t make it to the office then write to them and they will come out and see you.

Advertisement