Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime

Options
  • 21-04-2019 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been asked before but looking for some help with Prime Membership.

I have Amazon Prime Prime membership with Amazon.co.uk. When I log in to Amazon.de the site tells me that I am not a Prime member. So is the Prime membership specific to the original country site only?

Thanks
    Mav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ireland can only be a prime member on the amazon uk site. Even if you sign up to prime on the German site you will not get free shipping.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mav11 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked before but looking for some help with Prime Membership.

I have Amazon Prime Prime membership with Amazon.co.uk. When I log in to Amazon.de the site tells me that I am not a Prime member. So is the Prime membership specific to the original country site only?

Thanks
    Mav

Yes it is,
    If you signup to Prime on Amazon.co.uk, this can only be used on UK site.
    Amazon UK is the only site that provides Prime delivery benefits to Ireland.

If you want to order from Amazon.de you'll have to pay postage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Can anyone tell me what you get with prime membership? Seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there.

Do you get the books,music & TV along with quicker delivery

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭muffler

As far as I know the books and music are fine but as to fast or faster deliveries I seen no difference in delivery times.

As for TV/films etc it seems that you wont get the same as people in the UK due to licencing arrangements.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

muffler wrote: »
    As far as I know the books and music are fine but as to fast or faster deliveries I seen no difference in delivery times.

As for TV/films etc it seems that you wont get the same as people in the UK due to licencing arrangements.

Just tell them that you are moving to the UK and ask them to switch you over. Problem solved on the TV/Films.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

muffler wrote: »

We find Prime makes deliveries much faster, plenty of reasons.

1) Prime members don't have to deal with Fastway or iParcel!
    2) Stuff is picked much quicker so no waiting for a week for items to ship
    3) If they don't make the 2 working day delivery target I contact them and complain which means I either get £5 credited to the account or a months free prime.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Antibac wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what you get with prime membership? Seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there.

Do you get the books,music & TV along with quicker delivery

Cheers

- Prime Delivery, you get free priority and standard delivery to Ireland (You get one or the other, depending on whats available)
    - Cloud Drive, unlimited photo storage
    - Prime Video
    - Early Prime access discounts
    - Prime exclusive deals/items
    - Amazon Family, (you can share prime delivery and video with another account)

I find the delivery is certainly much faster, right now I could order this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blink-Home-Security-Detection-Included/dp/B075RHX3WP/ and have it Wednesday lunch time. I'm happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Cabaal wrote: »
    - Prime Delivery, you get free priority and standard delivery to Ireland (You get one or the other, depending on whats available)
    - Cloud Drive, unlimited photo storage
    - Prime Video
    - Early Prime access discounts
    - Prime exclusive deals/items
    - Amazon Family, (you can share prime delivery and video with another account)

I find the delivery is certainly much faster, right now I could order this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blink-Home-Security-Detection-Included/dp/B075RHX3WP/ and have it Wednesday lunch time. I'm happy with that
    My Prime membership says i have prime music as part of prime. I am a bit confused.
    I can play prime music on my phone without any voice ads. Anyone know what to expect with a free account.
    I am in Dublin but set my Amazon account up as if i lived in the UK a long time ago because of issues with Alexa when it came out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Does anyone know if by having Prime through amazon.co.uk can you avail of Prime Day offers in other regions?

Not asking about shipping costs, but if I see a bargin on, say, amazon.com that is for prime members only, can I avail of it with a UK membership?

Faker74 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if by having Prime through amazon.co.uk can you avail of Prime Day offers in other regions?

Not asking about shipping costs, but if I see a bargin on, say, amazon.com that is for prime members only, can I avail of it with a UK membership?

All you can do is try it. Easy enough to go all the way to the final option on the checkout and cancel before the actual payment is taken.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Faker74 wrote: »

You need to have a prime membership in the country you are buying from, but you should be able to get a 30 day trial in each website, just make sure you cancel before the 30 days are up or you will be charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Figured this was as good a place as any for this. I have prime but this isnt really a prime issue.

I ordered an LG projector on Sunday. It was showing as in stock and "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon". It did say it expected to have longer than normal Prime delivery, which is grand. It dropped by 15 quid for prime day and now is back up to 50 more than what I paid. All the while saying its in stock.

My only query is for 4 days, all I get on the order is "Preparing for Dispatch
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date"

It did originally say to expect it next Monday.

Is there any reason something thats apparently in stock would have this delay? First time I've had it with Amazon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Amazon warehouses were/are on strike,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

FREE Priority Delivery : get it by Tuesday, July 30 and Tuesday, Aug. 6 :confused::pac:

Discodog wrote: »
    FREE Priority Delivery : get it by Tuesday, July 30 and Tuesday, Aug. 6 :confused::pac:

Priority is 2 days AFTER dispatch, likely either awaiting stock or perhaps they have to trans ship stock from EU to UK before shipping it to you

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭mjp

I signed upto prime 2 months ago but majority of goods I'm purchasing won't ship to Ireland which means I have to use parcel motel which defeats the purpose of prime membership. Think I will cancel it after this month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

mjp wrote: »
    I signed upto prime 2 months ago but majority of goods I'm purchasing won't ship to Ireland which means I have to use parcel motel which defeats the purpose of prime membership. Think I will cancel it after this month

This is what I have also found. And I also canceled.

Try the Amazon Global Shipping Filter (add on to chrome). It makes finding stuff that will deliver to Ireland much easier.

Either set it to display "No Delivery" above items that won't ship here or not to display them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

My wife has a Prime account. We added my account as the shared adult in 'manage your household', but I don't seem to actually be able to avail of any of the prime benefits it says I should, such as prime delivery. Possibly something wrong with the account or have I done it wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

the corpo wrote: »
    My wife has a Prime account. We added my account as the shared adult in 'manage your household', but I don't seem to actually be able to avail of any of the prime benefits it says I should, such as prime delivery. Possibly something wrong with the account or have I done it wrong!

Exact same issue here yesterday.
    I have the shipping but nothing else will work

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I set it up a while back, if I recall correctly you also need to share you payment methods to get all the benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Ireland prime failing again. expected to be able to order tonight for delivery on Tuesday as ordered this morning for Monday delivery, instead everything is after christmas. They are just skipping Tuesday even though anpost delivers on Tuesday. Meanwhile can use parcel motel for delivery on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

I was not allowed post anywhere else
    Anyway i have eir broadband and activated my free 1year prime video through my amazon fire stick but its not letting me watch anything due to location anyway around this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

catrat12 wrote: »
    I was not allowed post anywhere else
    Anyway i have eir broadband and activated my free 1year prime video through my amazon fire stick but its not letting me watch anything due to location anyway around this

Where are you? Go on live chat and they should sort you out. I had the same issue last week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

muffler wrote:

I know this comment is 6 months old but I just had to tag it.

I got An Post prime delivery this morning. New year's day! An Post don't have a regular parcel delivery today so without prime we definitely wouldn't have gotten it today without prime. On the other hand we didn't need delivery today. Tomorrow would have been fine :)

Where are you? Go on live chat and they should sort you out. I had the same issue last week

Went onto eir live chat they said I have to go through amazon
    I’m in Dublin
    I have it all set up and looks good to go then when I click in to watch something the warning with location warning comes up

catrat12 wrote:
    I was not allowed post anywhere else Anyway i have eir broadband and activated my free 1year prime video through my amazon fire stick but its not letting me watch anything due to location anyway around this

You should be able to get Ireland content.

Lots of threads covering this. Change your country settings to a UK address. Parcel motel address will work fine. You might have to get onto amazon live chat for them to change your prime video to UK. Its all perfectly legal and no VPN is required. If you have a Revolut account then you can even rent movies on Prime if you want to

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You should be able to get Ireland content.

Lots of threads covering this. Change your country settings to a UK address. Parcel motel address will work fine. You might have to get onto amazon live chat for them to change your prime video to UK. Its all perfectly legal and no VPN is required. If you have a Revolut account then you can even rent movies on Prime if you want to

My only address now is parcel motel in north can you send link for threads about it thanx

catrat12 wrote:
    My only address now is parcel motel in north can you send link for threads about it thanx

You need to get on to Amazon live chat. They are the only ones that can change the prime video country setting

• Advertisement

catrat12 wrote: »

Everything you need to know has been covered several times in this thread
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057771671/93/#post112136153

Advertisement