Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time work casual JA

Options
  • 21-01-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi, if I was to get a part time job, and the job was advertised as part time initially. Does this mean I have to get a letter from the employer confirming they can only give me part time hours at the moment? Bring it to the SW and try to get casual JA?

Or how does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Hi, if I was to get a part time job, and the job was advertised as part time initially. Does this mean I have to get a letter from the employer confirming they can only give me part time hours at the moment? Bring it to the SW and try to get casual JA?

Or how does it work?
    You are initially given a form for the employer to fill out saying how many days, hours and rate of pay the job involves. If there is less than 4 days work involved then you will probably be given dockets to get signed every week (this is known as Xs and Os). You'll have to drop these signed dockets back to your SW office every week in time for your payment to be calculated. The SW will adjust your payment based on the number of days worked and your rate of pay.

Advertisement