Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative milk that froths well

Options
  • 04-01-2020 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Just bought Oat milk in Tesco(read it's the best alternative milk for the environment) but its not frothing for me. Also saw a Barista Oat milk in Tesco, will I have more success with that? I've been vegetarian for years and gradually working towards being vegan. It's a minor complaint but I really love froth in my morning coffee .
    Using the Lidl frother( kettle lookalike thingies)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Soy and almond work quite well, more long lasting froth with soy. Not as good from an environmental perspective though.

Haven't tried the barista milk but ime, the colder the milk is to start the better, so don't for example use a carton you've just opened out of the press. Oat milk is a hoor to froth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Oatly Barista edition is great for a froth, the normal one doesn’t do much but the barista one works well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Soy and almond work quite well, more long lasting froth with soy. Not as good from an environmental perspective though.

Haven't tried the barista milk but ime, the colder the milk is to start the better, so don't for example use a carton you've just opened out of the press. Oat milk is a hoor to froth though.
    Thanks . Had done my research and saw some convincing barista on YouTube saying Oat was the best for frothing, goddammit!! I had at room temperature so will try again later. That fails, I'll try the barista oat . Am on a mission.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah the barrista oatly is brilliant! There are barista soy ones as well but only see them in coffee shops really.

yeah the barrista oatly is brilliant! There are barista soy ones as well but only see them in coffee shops really.

Great, will buy later. Actually really like the oat taste even without the froth so wasn't money wasted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Another one for Oatly Barista ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I had the exact problem with oat milk- no frothing whatsoever. In fact the machine started to smoke up.!!

I tried to drink it anyway but I'm afraid I just did not like it. Love it with my porridge having switched from soya. Buddy is trying to convince me to try hazelnut and cashew.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I am a fan of cashew too. I find all the different brands of these things taste a bit different and the unsweetened vs sweetened matters a lot too.

Anyone know.if the Holland and Barrett Glebe Farm Barista Style Oat Milk is good for frothing? It's on offer online so was going to stock up for months if thought was decent

Barista does indicate that but never tried it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Space Dog

seefin wrote: »
    Anyone know.if the Holland and Barrett Glebe Farm Barista Style Oat Milk is good for frothing? It's on offer online so was going to stock up for months if thought was decent

Tried it, found it good for frothing. Tastes fine as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Oatly Barista all the way. Second to that I find the Minor Figures one (,Holland and Barrett, Evergreen) works a treat, comes out lovely and velvety

Advertisement