Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refund from online purchase or chargeback?

• 02-01-2020 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Last year, I put in an online order to a small Irish company. That was in December of 2018. My order never arrived in the mail. I ordered in plenty of time for the Christmas but it never came in the mail in time for Christmas. I waited for another week thinking it might arrive after Christmas but still nothing in the mail.

It was eventually rectified in January where another order was sent to me but this time, the man who's running this small business, hand delivered it to an establishment in town for me to pick up.

That was the middle of January. It was far too late for a Christmas gift and I was slightly disappointed at that stage but I left it be.

I ordered from the same small company again in early December. And it's been f*ckery since then.

I ordered on the 9th of December so plenty of time for the Christmas. By the end of that week on the 14th or 15th of December, my order never came in the mail and it was running up to Christmas so delays are to be expected I suppose but I sent an email to the company or person who's running it to require about my order.

He replied back saying he doesn't have it in the mail yet and he remembers me from last year. He said he was going to be in town for Thursday the 19th of December and he could leave it into an establishment in town for me to pick up.

I sent an email requiring about my order and what's the status of the order now. He said he hopes to go into town on the Monday and he will leave it into X establishment for me to pick up and he will let me know. Monday evening came and I never heard anything from him.

At that stage I emailed him requesting a refund of the order. He emailed back saying he could deliver my order on the 27th of December. I never replied back because I was busy on Christmas Eve and taking it easy over Christmas and St Stephens day. The order on the 27th is no good to me. Again for the second year running.

I checked my back account but there was no refund issued. What now? Do I request another refund or go straight to the chargeback process with the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Request a refund first. If the don't refund you contact your bank who will advise you on the chargeback process. I would recommend keeping a record of all emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,555 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You have to have exhausted options with the retailer before going for a chargeback (or there are no options, e.g. a business failure). So ask first.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RedParrot

Request a refund first. If the don't refund you contact your bank who will advise you on the chargeback process. I would recommend keeping a record of all emails.

I already asked for a refund. That was on Monday evening the 23rd of December. He emailed back suggesting a delivery for the 27th of December. I'm not interested in the order any more considering it was due to be a Christmas gift and Christmas is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RedParrot

L1011 wrote: »
    You have to have exhausted options with the retailer before going for a chargeback (or there are no options, e.g. a business failure). So ask first.

I asked for a refund on the 23rd of December. I checked my account and there's no refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

RedParrot wrote: »
    I asked for a refund on the 23rd of December. I checked my account and there's no refund.

After all the hassle last year, you went and used the same place again?

I'm all for supporting small business, but I draw the line at those that provide an appalling service no matter where they are based.

On the refund, you may have asked on 23rd, but you need to now when it was actioned.
    I'd send another email requesting that the order be cancelled as previously requested and a refund be made immediately.

If the refund is not made with 7 dyas, you will commence a chargeback which will mean chargeback fees being applied by the seller's merchant processor to the merchant

• Advertisement
Advertisement