Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cattle Clipper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,624 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I don’t think there is any difference between sheep and cattle clippers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tileman

_Brian wrote: »
    I don’t think there is any difference between sheep and cattle clippers.

Being looking for a sheep dagging one also. Thought there would be some offers for Black Friday but didn’t see any. The ones on DoneDeal from cork. Are €325. They are battery powered. The ones you have up there look very reasonable at €65 compared to the battery one

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭farm to fork

I bought that 65 euro one and I have the 300 one form clippers Ireland. The reason I bought the second one was because a new blade was costing 45 so for another 20 I would have a second clippers.
    I found the cheaper one more comfortable to use and it uses the same blades as the expensive one.
    So if you are thinking of buying one get the cheaper clipper and make sure to get the extra blades I think they are around 24 euro on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

I bought that 65 euro one and I have the 300 one form clippers Ireland. The reason I bought the second one was because a new blade was costing 45 so for another 20 I would have a second clippers.
    I found the cheaper one more comfortable to use and it uses the same blades as the expensive one.
    So if you are thinking of buying one get the cheaper clipper and make sure to get the extra blades I think they are around 24 euro on eBay.

So your paying triple for just the name.
    Thats good to konw!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Aravo

I had a clipper, it cost a few hundred euro and had a fine cutter and comb which was hard to get it sharpened correctly and new cutter and comb was e50. After reading this thread I recently bought one for e80 from ebay. it takes same comb and cutter as when shearing sheep . Clipped cattle over the Xmas. Happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭minerleague

Sorry to butt into thread but have miwaukee battery drill and grinder and was wondering can clippers be got that would use these battery packs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Sorry to butt into thread but have miwaukee battery drill and grinder and was wondering can clippers be got that would use these battery packs?

I doubt it. It would be a big job to make one work off a milwaukee battery. You'd need a broken drill or whatever that you could steal the battery mount off it and wire that up to the wire coming out of a mains clippers.

Looks like someone else has done it before. https://www.farmshow.com/a_article.php?aid=27164

timple23 wrote: »
    I doubt it. It would be a big job to make one work off a milwaukee battery. You'd need a broken drill or whatever that you could steal the battery mount off it and wire that up to the wire coming out of a mains clippers.

Looks like someone else has done it before. https://www.farmshow.com/a_article.php?aid=27164

Yeah saw that , seems like done to order, hardly worthwhile bringing from states,
    Thanks anyway ( who knows might see broken grinder on DD sometime :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Yeah saw that , seems like done to order, hardly worthwhile bringing from states,
    Thanks anyway ( who knows might see broken grinder on DD sometime :P )

Maybe .... http://struggleville.net/adapters/

Thanks for that, have to see what battery type clippers use and then see is there a converter from that to milwaukee battery. Not overly dear either ( A bit of research to be done ! )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

What about an oscillating tool? Would that cut hair?

Advertisement