Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - Get 10% extra free on all gift vouchers

Options
  • 01-12-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

https://www.aerlingus.com/plan-and-book/plan/vouchers-information/

Valid 1st-3rd December

Admin Fee around €9

I tried to buy one but when I got to the payment page, i couldn't see anything that implied I was getting an extra 10%.

Is this normal or is there a mistake on their system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,346 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You're giving Aer Lingus a free loan of money at a time when they're desperately short of cash. And they still want to rip you off with the €9 'admin fee'. Which they will probably levy again when the recipient goes to spend your voucher.

Give them something else, it's time to stand up against these charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

coylemj wrote: »
    You're giving Aer Lingus a free loan of money at a time when they're desperately short of cash. And they still want to rip you off with the €9 'admin fee'. Which they will probably levy again when the recipient goes to spend your voucher.

Give them something else, it's time to stand up against these charges.

400 + 10% = 440- 9 Admin Fee = 431. It's still an extra €31 and I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Plus if the voucher covers the full fare due the handling fees etc don't apply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

shawki wrote: »
    400 + 10% = 440- 9 Admin Fee = 431. It's still an extra €31 and I'm happy with that.

31 quid gain on a 400 cash purchase - I wouldn’t be happy with that given uncertainty around entry requirements to practically all countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    31 quid gain on a 400 cash purchase - I wouldn’t be happy with that given uncertainty around entry requirements to practically all countries.

Anyone want to actually help me with my query?

• Advertisement
Advertisement