Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Pressure In - Washing Machine

Options
  • 01-12-2020 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All,

The water in to my washing machine is via a tee off the cold water mains via 1/2" PEX pipe (2metres) and then the washing machine hose connected. The water pressure into the machine seems very low. The water pressure on the kitchen tap is really strong. Why would this be, I would expect it should be the same.
    It is causing an alarm on my washing machine re. low water pressure in. Any ideas/suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

There will be a filter/gauze on the end of the pipe where it screws into the machine, Maybe on the other end. Clean it.
    Dont forget to turn off the water to the washing machine.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sparky1972

Wearb wrote: »
    There will be a filter/gauze on the end of the pipe where it screws into the machine, Maybe on the other end. Clean it.
    Dont forget to turn off the water to the washing machine.

It is a new washing machine with a new hose...so all clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LostInLM

Sparky1972 wrote: »
    It is a new washing machine with a new hose...so all clean.

Could the pipe be getting twisted / bent and restricting supply when the machine is pushed into position? Also assuming any isolation valve on the pipe to washing machine hose is fully open/ didn't stick or break when replacing with new machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Any chance there is something was left from the packing that should have been removed before installation?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Is the valve fully open? Worth disconnecting the washing machine as well and opening the valve directly (into a bucket) to see what the pressure is like, could also be airlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

astrofool wrote: »
    Is the valve fully open? Worth disconnecting the washing machine as well and opening the valve directly (into a bucket) to see what the pressure is like, could also be airlocked.

Came back here to suggest the same.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement