Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annamoe Trout Fishery

Options
  • 28-09-2020 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if Annamoe is worth a visit these days? Well stocked/managed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Havent been there in a long time, it was always a difficult place to fish imo given it's quite tight in some places

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

viper123 wrote: »
    Havent been there in a long time, it was always a difficult place to fish imo given it's quite tight in some places

Difficult to fish :confused: When I went there as a young lad you could pick fish out with your hands

OP I'd try southern county fishing resort it's a great set up

https://www.facebook.com/southerncountyresort/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Highway patrolman

I've fished anamoe in the past its probably my favourite fishery it looks and feels very natural, the last time i was there the owner was talking about selling it, I wonder if he did?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Difficult to fish :confused: When I went there as a young lad you could pick fish out with your hands

Maybe that was my problem, I was trying with a fly rod and struggled to find a place where I wasnt casting on top of another angler. I said difficult to fish, not difficult to catch fish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

viper123 wrote: »
    Maybe that was my problem, I was trying with a fly rod and struggled to find a place where I wasnt casting on top of another angler. I said difficult to fish, not difficult to catch fish

Ah yeah I wouldn't have said it's a fly fishing spot at all. That southern county has two fly fishing lakes I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Highway patrolman

Ah yeah I wouldn't have said it's a fly fishing spot at all. That southern county has two fly fishing lakes I believe.

Isn't there 2 lakes at anamoe though one that's catch and kill and the fly only lake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Thanks - yes that place is only a stone's throw from me - has one small fly lake which I believe they are extending and I understand the other lakes are heavily fished by the coarse anglers
    Only open at weekends at the moment too

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭xyz123

There's a fly lake in lough mahon, near enniscorthy. Two carp lakes too. Only fished the carp lake which is very good.

Advertisement