Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT during the 2020/21 Covid19 pandemic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I'm about to advertise our DD, and wondering how to deal with NCT - it was due 28th March.....and so was one of those they cancelled ( I had a booking).

So now what ?

I think buying & selling without NCT is going to be the new norm, as even the (used) car we're thinking of would need one and may not - even from a garage and they can't access tests either naturally..............

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

galwaytt wrote: »
    I'm about to advertise our DD, and wondering how to deal with NCT - it was due 28th March.....and so was one of those they cancelled ( I had a booking).

So now what ?

I think buying & selling without NCT is going to be the new norm, as even the (used) car we're thinking of would need one and may not - even from a garage and they can't access tests either naturally..............

Technically it's not out of NCT, look it up on NCTS website and it will show you the exact date it has an NCT to. Mine was the 30th of April and the new NCT is due by the 1st of September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Technically it's not out of NCT, look it up on NCTS website and it will show you the exact date it has an NCT to. Mine was the 30th of April and the new NCT is due by the 1st of September.
    Just looked mine up out of curiosity - still says due date 20/03/2020 :rolleyes:

Wife's car was due in May and now says 03/09/2020 :)

Guess which one has barely left the driveway in the last 8 weeks :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Top Dog wrote: »
    Just looked mine up out of curiosity - still says due date 20/03/2020 :rolleyes:

Wife's car was due in May and now says 03/09/2020 :)

Guess which one has barely left the driveway in the last 8 weeks :pac:

They only extend from 25 or 28March forward.

20/03 will not be changed unfortunately.

wonski wrote: »
    They only extend from 25 or 28March forward.

20/03 will not be changed unfortunately.
    Well I'm driving regardless. They did half a test, passed that part, and then I was left in limbo. :rolleyes:

Top Dog wrote: »
    Well I'm driving regardless. They did half a test, passed that part, and then I was left in limbo. :rolleyes:

Not saying you shouldn't. I do the same. Mine expired on 23/03 or so... Driving well ;)

Of it wasn't for the lifts I would probably have it done before the expiry.

No bother from Garda anyway. Not worried at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I'm in the same boat, kind of. Brought it for testing on 4 March and they were unable to do the underbody checks, so, since there were no retest slots available, I was left in limbo when they subsequently shut down. I just carry a copy of the report and the subsequent emails asking about a retest. In fairness, if you fell slightly outside the cut-off date it would be harsh to prosecute where there was evidence showing that the owner had made every reasonable effort to get the car tested.

I did look it up, and it's not showing as extended.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭wassie

Whats date are you showing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

galwaytt wrote: »
    I did look it up, and it's not showing as extended.

When you say it was due "28th" did you mean it expired on the 27th or 28th?

Phone them up if you think they've applied the cut wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

Have the NCT extended test date on my car? It is due to expire 02/2021 and I checked NCT webpage it is showing a test date of 06/2021. TIA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They added 4 months on to everything that had remaining test from some date in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,492 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They're going to have to add a lot more than 4 months on.

wassie wrote: »
    Good call.

I presume you're referring to the post above yours, because I haven't seen Shane Ross or NCTS make a good call, ever. Before the shutdown debacle. Before the lifts debacle. The service NCTS provide has never been good enough.

Scrap the cap!

Certainly was. I fully supported the shutdown and agree we need to take precautions as we open up. Most other workplaces seem to be able to develop a safe working protocal, yet the NCTS is somehow so unique it isn't able to?

As has been said before, Shane Ross is just kicking the can down the road so its someones else problem after he is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Certainly was. I fully supported the shutdown and agree we need to take precautions as we open up. Most other workplaces seem to be able to develop a safe working protocal, yet the NCTS is somehow so unique it isn't?

As has been said before, Shane Ross is just kicking the can down the road so its someones else problem after he is gone.

Lets take a look at what some of the people involved in the motor trade using this forum have explained with their own protocols for car servicing in dealerships (which is a similar affair, a car gets brought in and is taken into a garage/lift setup).

In this case, they're having to ozone the customer car before and after leaving the workshop. It takes 30 minutes to ozone a single car once, and the machine to do it costs €2k. The difference is that people generally drop their car off and come back once it's ready to be collected at a dealership/workshop.

Apply that to an NCT centre where people are expecting a turnaround time of 40 mins for a complete test, and you can start to see why there'd be a few problems. If you wanted centres to operate at any sort of capacity you'd need at least 3+ ozone machines for every centre in the country (that's roughly €300,000). You'd also need extra staff to monitor the cars being treated with ozone machines in them, while other testers are carrying out procedures in the test lanes.

Not to mention that NCT centres have generally quite small waiting rooms (and even smaller office space), and with the rest of the restrictions in place it's not like even if the location allowed, people dropping off their car for NCT could go sit down and have a coffee while they wait. Given all of the above it could take more than 2 hours to test a single car.

Or wait a few weeks until it's safer. I know which sounds more reasonable.

• Advertisement

That ozone stuff sounds completely over the top to me.

Scrap the cap!

Where is the evidence that a car needs the 'ozone' treatment to make it safe? Sounds like a load of bollacks and marketing.

Surely a car can be 'aired' easily enough and contact points cleaned down. If people have to be inconvenienced and wait outside so be it. Construction industry seems to be able to deal with confined spaces & contact points readily enough.

As for waiting a few weeks - this is going to be reality for much longer than that and we are going to need to learn to work with it until a vaccine is found potentially.

Where is the evidence that a car needs the 'ozone' treatment to make it safe? Sounds like a load of bollacks and marketing.

Surely a car can be 'aired' easily enough and contact points cleaned down. If people have to be inconvenienced and wait outside so be it. Construction industry seems to be able to deal with confined spaces & contact points readily enough.

As for waiting a few weeks - this is going to be reality for much longer than that and we are going to need to learn to work with it until a vaccine is found potentially.

You should get on the phone to Dr Tony Holohan. He’ll be very glad to know that the virus can be “aired out” in a matter of minutes and if we just open all the windows in the country we can get back to normal much quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

You should get on the phone to Dr Tony Holohan. He’ll be very glad to know that the virus can be “aired out” in a matter of minutes and if we just open all the windows in the country we can get back to normal much quicker.

In fairness he did say contact points cleared down. You're quoting him as if he said roll down the windows a bit.

Surely a car can be 'aired' easily enough and contact points cleaned down.
    And if the tester sneezes or coughs? The virus can survive on various surfaces for quite a bit of time. There's a fair amount of fear and paranoia out there at the moment and this would only add yet another layer to it. Ozone (whatever that is) seems to be the only guaranteed way to completely be sure that a car is clean & safe.

Personally I'll get my car tested whenever they re-open - whether thats 6 weeks or 6 months. Probably fortunate in so far as I'm not looking to change it any time soon (though Bill Griffin adverts on facebook are strongly tempting me :o)

• Advertisement

The tester should be wearing a medical grade mask and should get out of the car if they need to cough or sneeze. They spend very little of the test inside the car anyway.

Scrap the cap!

The tester should be wearing a medical grade mask

Which in itself probably poses a challenge. You're talking 3000-4000 n95 masks used per day, at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭dkd21

The tester should be wearing a medical grade mask and should get out of the car if they need to cough or sneeze. They spend very little of the test inside the car anyway.

While I agree totally having the tester adhering completely to hygiene guidelines I must say what seems to be forgotten is the hygiene and cleanliness of those who use the cars beforehand and also the car itself which is put forward for test.

Theres a social responsibility on every member of the public to be hygienic for themselves and their property in which others may come in contact with especially in this case of the NCT as there could well be a high volume of cross contamination without the tester actually being infected themselves through surface to surface contact.

I would hope there would be guidelines issued to anyone bringing a car for a test to disinfect their car as best possible beforehand especially taxis , an awareness of those who travel in the car and maybe a free cancellation period to reduce the risk of unwell people visiting the centres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,429 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just assume every single person has the virus, all surfaces have the virus, wash your hands down when you come in from the car, risk of getting the virus absolutely tiny.

Curveball: so I got to get my cabrio tested, with the top down, basically you'll be 'ozoning' Co Galway.

Discuss :pac:

Ode To The Motorist

macplaxton wrote: »
    When you say it was due "28th" did you mean it expired on the 27th or 28th?

Phone them up if you think they've applied the cut wrong.

Due 28th.

Either way, crisis averted: buyer took the car anyway.

But now that I'm a buyer - whole new problem !! :pac: :pac: :pac:

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Driver1980

NCT in this country is crazy I have to say. I remember had a nice car passed everything, drove well no suspesion knocking everything great, but unfortunately kept failing emissions. While had another car, perfect emissions but it drove like a piece of crap, play on the wheel due to steering rack all pased, allignment, imbalance, breakes etc, but car was absolutely sh** to drive and I have to say unsafe. mechanics said play on the rack is not unsafe but to listen to this f** knocking was making the driver mad...You could feel the steering moving while driving on rough grounds etc.

So the question is, they rather fail you for emissions but let you go with a car that's feels unsafe, has a play on the wheel etc, and all together wierd to steer.

NCT should be done in the private garages ! At least with this crazy pan***demic the NCT would be running fine. People think there could be scams due to the private, but it's garages reputation etc, gards would catch a car that passed in private garage but it's not roadworthy then lets say 10 000 fine for the garage therefore all of them would be honest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Driver1980 wrote: »
    NCT in this country is crazy I have to say. I remember had a nice car passed everything, drove well no suspesion knocking everything great, but unfortunately kept failing emissions. While had another car, perfect emissions but it drove like a piece of crap, play on the wheel due to steering rack all pased, allignment, imbalance, breakes etc, but car was absolutely sh** to drive and I have to say unsafe. mechanics said play on the rack is not unsafe but to listen to this f** knocking was making the driver mad...You could feel the steering moving while driving on rough grounds etc.

So the question is, they rather fail you for emissions but let you go with a car that's feels unsafe, has a play on the wheel etc, and all together wierd to steer.

NCT should be done in the private garages ! At least with this crazy pan***demic the NCT would be running fine. People think there could be scams due to the private, but it's garages reputation etc, gards would catch a car that passed in private garage but it's not roadworthy then lets say 10 000 fine for the garage therefore all of them would be honest :)

So the good car was failing emissions and the car that drove like sh** passed even though your mechanic also concluded your car was not unsafe. You also think car testing should be done by the same mechanics in private garages??? I’m not sure I get the logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭dkd21

I would go one step further and allow every driver to NCT their own car as many are experts in vehicle maintenance and safety :rolleyes:

He said it's not unsafe. But it don't feel like it. Knocking when you hit the holes/on uneaven grounds, steering moves when on uneven grounds, all together more stress driving this car than it's wort it.

NCT lads should spot it straight aways like at least touching the wheel left/right to see any play, but they just don't bother which is completely unprofesional ! This car passed nct with this play 2 times ! They only look under the car with the flash light to see any visual damage, but cars don't work like that. There could be something wrong like play on some parts. The imbalance check for suspension is another scam, 2 even bad shocks can give you a perfect imbalance and pass :)

Btw this car passed alignment too once but 2 months after my 2 new tyres were wearing so bad. It's extremely easy to pass NCT once your emissions are fine, even with the crap car. Their pass range is too wide. This car what I'm talking about passed the breaks with almost 90% effort :D when in the last year it had 70% and I never changed the breakes. Break only have to be 55% as far as I remember, good luck driving with the car with 50% breaks having 3-4 people on boards and try to break in emergency. NCT is not right. Thanks God I'm not using this vehicle any more, but according to nct it's ROAD WORTHY so no worries haha.

• Advertisement

He said it's not unsafe. But it don't feel like it. Knocking when you hit the holes/on uneaven grounds, steering moves when on uneven grounds, all together more stress driving this car than it's wort it.

NCT lads should spot it straight aways like at least touching the wheel left/right to see any play, but they just don't bother which is completely unprofesional ! This car passed nct with this play 2 times ! They only look under the car with the flash light to see any visual damage, but cars don't work like that. There could be something wrong like play on some parts. The imbalance check for suspension is another scam, 2 even bad shocks can give you a perfect imbalance and pass :)

Btw this car passed alignment too once but 2 months after my 2 new tyres were wearing so bad. It's extremely easy to pass NCT once your emissions are fine, even with the crap car. Their pass range is too wide. This car what I'm talking about passed the breaks with almost 90% effort :D when in the last year it had 70% and I never changed the breakes. Break only have to be 55% as far as I remember, good luck driving with the car with 50% breaks having 3-4 people on boards and try to break in emergency. NCT is not right. Thanks God I'm not using this vehicle any more, but according to nct it's ROAD WORTHY so no worries haha.

That’s unreal. So it passed wheel alignment and two months later it was wearing tyres. Surely that can’t be possible?? What did your mechanic say after it passed nct twice with the same play??

That’s unreal. So it passed wheel alignment and two months later it was wearing tyres. Surely that can’t be possible?? What did your mechanic say after it passed nct twice with the same play??

It can be possible. I passed rear alignment with 16.m/Km where if ouutisde +18 -18 is a fail. It was 2 rear new tyres because I needed them for the 1st NCt, and 2 months later I checked them and on of the inside of the tyres was wearing that bad that the inside tread was almost gone..., my mechanic fixed this and then it was not issued and the next NCT was passed with better alignment etc.

What my mechanic said about the play ? even 2-3 of them? That playing on the rack is not that bad haha, I disagree because driving the car with this play is a nightmare, and it makes your head mad... As I said steering feels so wierd, they said it was up/down rack playing so nothing to worry. But NCT centres there is no way they should allowd any play to pass. This play when I noticed it I thought it's the tie rod playing, because tie rod plays too when the rack plays etc.

Nah. They won't be honest. They would definitely pass emissions for a friend as its something no Garda would notice.

NCT is fine as it is.

Well the obvious solution was to make one perfect car out of the two :)

We have a 1.4 '04 Corolla petrol, always sails through the emissions, most pollutants are close to zero (yet road tax on it costs a fortune, thanks for nothing Green Party.) Would be a different story if it was burning oil, I think it was the 1.6s which were prone to that at high mileage.
    NCT should be done in the private garages !

No way. Corrupt as hell. Every secondhand sh!t heap on sale by a garage in the UK has a fresh MOT... funny that.
    gards would catch a car that passed in private garage but it's not roadworthy

If you're relying on the garda to enforce it (by checking vehicles, not looking at discs) then it's pointless having roadworthiness testing at all.

Scrap the cap!

It's stereotypes. I have a Polish friend he said their NCTs are done in private garages, but not by any private garage like local boys who can barely fix cars, you need a licence for it, proper lifts, emission checks etc. He says it's harder to pass nct in Poland than here ! And their country works fine as far as I know, because people from garages are too afraid to make scams as it will ruin their shop etc. So I don't know why people think private nct would be cheat etc. Do you really think profesional garages would risk of passing some crap car?

I saw some cars who passed nct in IReland, the state of them, but as long as the machine shows all fines, the car could be rusty as hell, have bad breaks, tyres at minimum etc, they pass bold tyres but say "advisory" :D

It's stereotypes. I have a Polish friend he said their NCTs are done in private garages, but not by any private garage like local boys who can barely fix cars, you need a licence for it, proper lifts, emission checks etc. He says it's harder to pass nct in Poland than here ! And their country works fine as far as I know, because people from garages are too afraid to make scams as it will ruin their shop etc. So I don't know why people think private nct would be cheat etc. Do you really think profesional garages would risk of passing some crap car?

I saw some cars who passed nct in IReland, the state of them, but as long as the machine shows all fines, the car could be rusty as hell, have bad breaks, tyres at minimum etc, they pass bold tyres but say "advisory" :D

It's not stereotypes ;)

I come from Poland and can get yours tested and passed as long as it looks OK enough ;)

They won't pass obviously defective cars, but will turn a blind eye on many things if you know them.

The state of some of those cars on the road is a good testimony. All tested, though.

Police is strict there I heard and they can do you on the checkpoints and take your documents, logbook from you even when you have the nct. So I don't know. It could be 1 in 100 doing this, but usual people won't risk it.

But I hoped this won't happen in the goverment scheme. I did think if your car passed NCT it's safe to use etc, but it's not, mechanic can check the car better than the NCT lads. They don't use the crowbar to inspect each parts for play etc while mechanic when looking for the issue is doing it. Imbalance suspension should not be only checking imbalanc but the play on each parts. There are diagnostic station when it moves the whole car for the play and the computer shows you which is plying like, bearing, ball joints, tie rods end, bushings etc, they just check the imbalanc and that's a big "suspension test" .

I remembr got the car once from my friend, he doesn't know anything about the cars, it just passed the fresh NCT, I drove the car a week decided to check the oil, and guess what? THERE WAS NO OIL AT ALL ON THE DIPSTICK ! I had to add 2 litres before it went to the minimum mark ! NCT lad should not do emission test without checking the oil.

But I know how they do it, they remove the dipstick which always at the start is showing the wrong oil elve, they see if there is some level and say **** it, but when you wipe it put it back and then take it out that's the correct reading, they don't even bother to do this !

Have you ever seen the car tested here?

They have those fancy lifts that do move the car to check suspension parts wear ;)

It's not perfect, but better than private garages taking over in terms of impartial and honest test (they managed to mess that up in the past, though)

Police is strict there I heard and they can do you on the checkpoints and take your documents, logbook from you even when you have the nct. So I don't know. It could be 1 in 100 doing this, but usual people won't risk it.

But I hoped this won't happen in the goverment scheme. I did think if your car passed NCT it's safe to use etc, but it's not, mechanic can check the car better than the NCT lads. They don't use the crowbar to inspect each parts for play etc while mechanic when looking for the issue is doing it. Imbalance suspension should not be only checking imbalanc but the play on each parts. There are diagnostic station when it moves the whole car for the play and the computer shows you which is plying like, bearing, ball joints, tie rods end, bushings etc, they just check the imbalanc and that's a big "suspension test" .

I remembr got the car once from my friend, he doesn't know anything about the cars, it just passed the fresh NCT, I drove the car a week decided to check the oil, and guess what? THERE WAS NO OIL AT ALL ON THE DIPSTICK ! I had to add 2 litres before it went to the minimum mark ! NCT lad should not do emission test without checking the oil.

But I know how they do it, they remove the dipstick which always at the start is showing the wrong oil elve, they see if there is some level and say **** it, but when you wipe it put it back and then take it out that's the correct reading, they don't even bother to do this !

Honestly , you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about. Plus, it’s up to your friend to check his oil level at least weekly, not the nct lads. All you’re doing is spreading false information here.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Have you ever seen the car tested here?

They have those fancy lifts that do move the car to check suspension parts wear ;)

It's not perfect, but better than private garages taking over in terms of impartial and honest test (they managed to mess that up in the past, though)

have you see the test? I saw it 5 times, suspension imbalance check only check imbalance not the play of other parts !!!

"Plus, it’s up to your friend to check his oil level at least weekly, not the nct lads."

You serious? it's their f8888 job to check it ! It even said on the NCT instructions "no emissions test should be done if there is no oil in the car". Why? they can burn the engine !

I have this experience where poor car passed and great didnt. And wont change my mind that nct is not testing the car properly. Suspension is most important all they do is imbalance for shocks and visual things with flash light.car i used to have passed with the big play on the wheel end of story .

have you see the test? I saw it 5 times, suspension imbalance check only check imbalance not the play of other parts !!!

"Plus, it’s up to your friend to check his oil level at least weekly, not the nct lads."

You serious? it's their f8888 job to check it ! It even said on the NCT instructions "no emissions test should be done if there is no oil in the car". Why? they can burn the engine !

I have this experience where poor car passed and great didnt. And wont change my mind that nct is not testing the car properly. Suspension is most important all they do is imbalance for shocks and visual things with flash light.car i used to have passed with the big play on the wheel end of story .

Some will pass, some will fail.

Not sure what's your issue with the current test is, but passing it over to the garages, Polish/UK style, is not a solution.

If you have a big play on the wheel fix it regardless. This is a basic safety/regulatory test, not "all cars that pass the test are perfect" test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Update from today:

NCTS will be opening test centres on a phased basis, subject to final approval from Government on Phase 2 of the Government’s Roadmap for reopening Society and Business proceeding. The safety of the public is paramount, and we continue to be guided by public health officials and relevant national experts. If information or guidance changes, we will reassess and change our procedures and protocols accordingly.

https://www.ncts.ie/1115

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its allowing booking at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Just booked for Galway on Monday coming.... Their was loads of availability.

Booking made - refreshing to have so much choice of appointments.

Worth noting also in the FAQ - Customers of those vehicles that had a test due date prior to 28 March 2020 are now invited to make a booking for one of the following centres...

https://www.ncts.ie/1115

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bif

Folks. Anyone know how many NCT centres have their lifts sorted and available?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

If my appointment gets cancelled again I be mad.Hope car will be ok has been idle for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Bif wrote: »
    Folks. Anyone know how many NCT centres have their lifts sorted and available?

https://www.ncts.ie/1115#:~:text=COVID%2019%20Update%3A%20NCTS%20to,the%20reopening%20of%2015%20centres

Depends on where you are, a few in Dublin by the looks of things and Galway, Monaghan and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

They are still waiting for approval from the Government so who knows if they open Monday.Kind of shocked if they did as in May they said they wont be opening any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I just booked mine in for June 8th in Drogheda. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement