Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what group/unit/troop?

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

my days was the regional shield and the to the melvin. . . . . . dont like the way it is now ,i miss the c.s.i tbh :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 era030708

I never went to either girlguides or scouts as a child, but joined as a leader with my daughter last Sptember, she's loving it and should be swimming up to cubs this year.

I'm staying on as a Beaver leader, might help out if I can with cubs too, we're in 5th Kildare Clane :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 scoutinglady

4th Leitrim
    Was a scout and venturer now scout section leader!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Name: Adam Doherty
    Group: 48th Newtownpark

Cub -> Scout -> Venture -> Scout Leader -> Beaver/Scout Leader -> Beaver/Cub/Scout Leader

Funny that, I have a brother called Adam who was also a leader in the 48th, one of three brothers who went through the ranks of the 48th. Myself, I was a cub, scout, then cub leader for about 4 years. I missed many a European game on a Wednesday night to attend cubs as a leader!

I will get back into it some day, maybe when my kids are old enough to go, assuming they want to...

I firmly believe that Scouting is a great foundation for any kid to learn teamwork, discipline, individual skills and leadership. You learn to fend for yourself, but also that you can rely on others. It gets kids out of the house, away from the games machine, without the need for sporting prowess that is usually a part of youth activities...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

I've just come across this Forum.

Scouting was at the core of my boyhood. I was with the 26th. Dublin which was based in Claude Road, Drumcondra.

I went all the way from Cubs to Unit (now Group?) Leader. One of my brothers was Scout Master and the other Cub Master. From reading posts here it seems that "Master" has now been re-designated by "Leader".

For annual camps we used to hire a furniture removal lorry and we would all pile into the back with our gear. I throughly enjoyed it and cherish the memories.

Only one of children took any interest in scouting and she became a leader in Harrington Street.

My scouting years were the 1950s and 60s. I don't have any photographs of the time but would very much like copies if anybody should have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭s14barnes

was a beaver and cub leader in 59th Johnstown Dublin.. been involved for the past 14 years
    moved to Kilmacud now to be a cub leader..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

oooh, missed this thread...

For the record;
    Cubs & Scouts - 11th Galway, Moycullen

Currently ASL (soon to be SL) of 81st Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

ASL 7th De La Salle Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

moose3844 wrote: »
    ASL 7th De La Salle Waterford

Congrats on the Phoenix. Did I meet you at it? First in the queue for dinner by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Orion wrote: »
    Congrats on the Phoenix. Did I meet you at it? First in the queue for dinner by any chance?

You did indeed, Not only at dinner but at lunch also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 MsBradley

Im a venturer In 16th Kildare! Hopefully starting up in rovar and going to be a beaver/cub leader :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

105th Cork Glanworth :) Did scouts and ventures, just turned 18 so I'm now a Rover and hopefully leader once this damned Leaving is over with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Currently a leader in 1st Kildare / 10th Leixlip - Beavers & Scouts

It's only an hour a week :pac:

Stage 3 of my Wood Badge training done and hoping to get stage 4 done in the spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

While on here I'm looking for anyone who still has the old service stars?
    They were given out in CBSI a yellow star for 1 years service and a red star for 5 years.

Don't suppose anyone has any they don't want?

YIS
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 7 olymoly

Oh how cool is this? I never came across a scouts thread in a forum (I guess I have been to the wrong forums so far…)

I am from Scouts Leader from Austria/Vienna. Been in my group (36) since 16 years soon 😊. But my parents have already been leaders  when they were young, so I grew up with this more or less. 

Advertisement