Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any point reporting dog fouling?

Options
  • 01-12-2020 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭

Has anybody ever had any success reporting dog fouling? Is there any point in bothering?

I go walking and running around my local park and area a lot and the amount of people who just let their dog sh1te and don't clean it up is unreal.
    Is there any point in bothering reporting it?

Just looking at the Citizens Information website here:

"If a dog fouls a public place, and the owner doesn’t remove the faeces, you can make a complaint to the District Court under litter laws. Before you do this, you must first inform the dog owner by completing a form available from the Dog Control Unit of your local authority."

So I've to inform the dog owner, get a form, fill it in, and then they have to investigate somebody whose name I don't know and probably care less.

Is there any point bothering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

No not really as there are not enough dog wardens policing the laws just watch your step or run elsewhere its horrible but its the type of people we live among who wont clean up after their dogs. They don't even microchip them so they don't really give a **** either. I have found the type who leaves the dog pooh are generally abusive ignorant types & they will abuse you and shout at you and try to embarrass you if you question them. You do have to be a thick ****er to win with them & its not worth it.

Advertisement