Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

Dennis Stamp is the star of the show for me! (in beyond the mat)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't seen it in nearly 20 years either. The difference between Jake in that and Jake now is mad. Wasn't it his daughter he wasn't in contact with? Wonder if they reconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't seen it in nearly 20 years either. The difference between Jake in that and Jake now is mad. Wasn't it his daughter he wasn't in contact with? Wonder if they reconnected.

I guess
    Parts of Randy The Ram in the wrestler was based on Jakes life. Well the daughter part

Another Drew McIntyre documentary airing on the network this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Pretty revealing interview in with Kurt on latest Broken Skull sessions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Pretty revealing interview in with Kurt on latest Broken Skull sessions

I’ve only watched some of it and it’s about his start in wwe. Do they get into the issues at the end of his wwe run and TNA then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve only watched some of it and it’s about his start in wwe. Do they get into the issues at the end of his wwe run and TNA then ?

Yeah he talks about overdoing it on the pills and later booze when he went to TNA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    The best WWE documentary Beyond the Mat coming to Netflix on 1st October, but most people will have seen it by now

Out now!

Seems I got a sales tax added to my payment this morning. That’s happened before but stopped.

• Advertisement

The Documentary on Paul Bearer is great

My hair still stands when he returned with Taker at Mania 20. He was an amazing person

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Documentary on Paul Bearer is great

My hair still stands when he returned with Taker at Mania 20. He was an amazing person

Is that out today ? Damn it I’ll have to try and watch that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Second PTH's thoughts on the Paul Bearer doc. Watched it last night, and was delighted to see it given a decent amount of time to flesh out his story, instead of a 45 min throw away piece.

There's a nice short doc there as part of the 30 days of The Deadman too, think its called Meeting The Undertaker, where superstars talk about the first time they met the man himself, and what that was like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

watched that documentary today and as usual with WWE they knocked it out of the park with this, amazing

I watched the Paul bearer documentary last night and he just came across as such a nice guy who didn’t take himself too seriously and was doing what he loved being in the wrestling business.

The Randy Orton one was actually great as well as it’s clear that Randy Orton has grown up a lot compared to his early days when as he readily admits he was a pain in the ass, but at least he’s able to admit his faults. I’ve said it many times that I think Randy orton will go down as the best of his generation when it’s all said and done. I know others don’t agree and that’s fine, but it’s why I’ll always prefer Orton to cena. Orton is himself good or bad whereas cena projects like he’s perfect. It’s very unnatural.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I watched the Paul bearer documentary last night and he just came across as such a nice guy who didn’t take himself too seriously and was doing what he loved being in the wrestling business.

The Randy Orton one was actually great as well as it’s clear that Randy Orton has grown up a lot compared to his early days when as he readily admits he was a pain in the ass, but at least he’s able to admit his faults. I’ve said it many times that I think Randy orton will go down as the best of his generation when it’s all said and done. I know others don’t agree and that’s fine, but it’s why I’ll always prefer Orton to cena. Orton is himself good or bad whereas cena projects like he’s perfect. It’s very unnatural.

Orton is like an talented footballer, like say Neymar. Hugely talented, but rarely motovated. But when he is on form, theres no one can touch him..... sadly hes mostly off form.

His work this year, his Foley feud, Taker feud are all proof he can be one of the greats. Sadly there is a alot of crap in between.

I agree though, hes clearly matured from the punk he was when he first rise to fame.

New series called 'WWE Icons' coming in 2021

Something that just popped back into my head was where has the future episodes of the ruthless aggression series gone to ? I’d assumed they’d filmed all of them in one go and it was decided to release them in two parts.

Something that just popped back into my head was where has the future episodes of the ruthless aggression series gone to ? I’d assumed they’d filmed all of them in one go and it was decided to release them in two parts.

Thought the complete series aired and it was only those episodes ?

Id say Covid has messed up a load of stuff in terms of documenting superstars on the road etc and 2021 may be low enough on new content

Id fairly fed up of seeing stuff about Wrestlemania 36

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thought the complete series aired and it was only those episodes ?

Id say Covid has messed up a load of stuff in terms of documenting superstars on the road etc and 2021 may be low enough on new content

Id fairly fed up of seeing stuff about Wrestlemania 36

No they definitely said more episodes coming this fall. And why I wondered had they filmed them all at once is because Jim cornette when he was at the HOF two or three years ago filmed loads of stuff, some of which is in the icon series next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I watched Liv Morgan documentary this morning, it was quite a good watch. I think they should make more documentaries for people who are lower down the card more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Liv came across really well but unless the point of it was to show that they don't really know what to do with her, which I doubt, then it seemed a bit pointless. Like she's not really doing much now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I like Liv, she came across very well and has the potential to be a star.. not sure what the point of that doc was though.. if anything the fact they’ve put her back with with Riott Squad and abandoned whatever nonsense that was with Lana, only highlights that her character hasn’t progressed and they still don’t know what to do with her..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sami wanted Liv to join him and I think that would have been a lot better for her future than joining back up with Riott.

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1333231799577812992?s=20

The new series 'WWE Icons' looks great

Yokozuna episode kicking off the series on Jan 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe/the-2020-slammy-award-winners-12-23-20

Earlier today on the WWE Network WWE held the 2020 Slammy Awards. The last time WWE held the Slammys was back in 2015

The show was hosted by WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth. The show also had a cast of presenters from Jesery Shore's own Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi to The Nature Boy himself Ric Flair.

Here are the winners of the 2020 Slammys:

Most Clever 24/7 Pin: Drew Gulak pinning R-Truth as a Janitor
    Male Superstar of the Year: WWE Champion Drew McIntyre
    Ring Gear of the Year: The New Day
    Return of the Year: Edge
    WWE Musical Performance of the Year: Elias
    WWE Rivalry of the Year: Edge vs Randy Orton
    Female Superstar of the Year: Sasha Banks
    Breakout Star of the Year: The Street Profits
    Social Media Superstar of the Year: Bayley
    Female Trash Talker and Male Trash Talkers of the Year: Lacey Evans and The Hurt Business
    Celebrity Appearance of the Year: Rob Gronkowski
    Double Cross of the Year: Bayley Attacking Sasha Banks
    Referee of the Year: Charles Robinson
    Moment of the Year: The Undertaker's Final Farewell (Survivor Series)
    Tag Team of the Year: The Street Profits
    Match of the Year: The Boneyard Match AJ Styles vs The Undertaker (WrestleMania 36)
    Superstar of the Year: WWE Champion Drew McIntyre

Hmmm. Considering some of those winners, I'm surprised Nia wasn't female superstar of the year.

Has it really been 5 years since the last ones. Was sure they were annual.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hmmm. Considering some of those winners, I'm surprised Nia wasn't female superstar of the year.

I thought the same :o:confused:

Is one of the criteria for female superstar of the year being unsafe in the ring ?

They were a stand alone award ceremony but they became just an episode of raw in recent years but if you’d asked me where they annual I’d have said yes, and I’d be wrong.

• Advertisement

Looking at the nominees, Nia wasn't even nominated. I'm shocked!

Also turns out this was the Smackdown and Raw awards rather than WWE as there are no NXT, NXT UK or 205 Live nominations

Advertisement