Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2021 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 27-11-2020 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,280 ✭✭✭✭

Will a live crowd be back? Who are your winning picks for the rumbles?

Bianca Belair, Big E or if NXT alum involved then Adam Cole

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Im going with Big E for the win, realistically there no one else that would benefit from it as much as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The fact they ignored NXT for Survivor Series, I doubt they'll look to have a NXT person win a Rumble. Unless they go with someone who's already been to the main roster like Rhea.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lee or Big E for the men.

I think the women's rumble might have a surprise winner, someone like Peyton.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Big E or Lee would be good choices for the men's win but a few other guys some past winners could also be argued for the win.

Womens a bit hard too call but have a sneaky feeling Charlotte will return and win it. Toni Storm would be a outside shout and Belair would be the perfect winner and they could really play off it in terms of documentaries

New royal rumble winners are best for business and Drew showed that, its such a pity it came in the empty arena era but he has a good future when the crowds get back which will hopefully be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think that young up and comer, Randy Orton is due a win.

I wonder if Bianca could lift Nia since always on about her strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,512 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »

Well hogan got Andre up so anything is possible with cooperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »

I'd say she could do it, no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 didyoufart?

Sirsok wrote: »
    Im going with Big E for the win, realistically there no one else that would benefit from it as much as him.

Oh dear god no!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Oh dear god no!!

Oh it's a New Day, Yes it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,280 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What about an Uso, Jey has been doing well, when is Jimmy back?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What about an Uso, Jey has been doing well, when is Jimmy back?

Jey has been pretty good as a singles star the last few months but very hard to see him continue on his own when Jimmy is back full time

For some its hard see them not be part of a team/stable

My favorites for the men's rumble win

Edge- Him making another rumble return and not winning it wouldn't be right. Him against Drew or Reigns would be great. Although heard there plans of a 3rd match with a certain RKO

Big E- him winning the rumble the would great and create another main eventer. Big E vs Reigns (take my money)

Keith Lee- like Big E him winning the rumble would be great. Lee vs Drew at Mania would be solid

So many other possibilities including Sheamus, Adam Cole, Karion Kross, Seth Rollins. Brock returning also could work

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My favorites for the men's rumble win

Edge- Him making another rumble return and not winning it wouldn't be right. Him against Drew or Reigns would be great. Although heard there plans of a 3rd match with a certain RKO

Big E- him winning the rumble the would great and create another main eventer. Big E vs Reigns (take my money)

Keith Lee- like Big E him winning the rumble would be great. Lee vs Drew at Mania would be solid

So many other possibilities including Sheamus, Adam Cole, Karion Kross, Seth Rollins. Brock returning also could work

Edge seems a good shout to me.. I don’t think ( right now anyway) they have what it takes to make Lee, Big E or anyone on the roster into a real WM worthy star. Although I would have said that a year ago about Drew.
    Edge v Roman could be really great but I’d say it’ll be Orton (as champ, again) v Edge

Can't see Big E winning the rumbe if he only won the IC title

Edge for the win I think

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can't see Big E winning the rumbe if he only won the IC title

Edge for the win I think

Don’t forget Becky Lynch went into the rumble lost her title and then went on and won the rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Goldberg, Edge & Big E are the favorites to win it.

Two semi retired and Big E that really just say the WWE has very little current star power these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Two semi retired and Big E that really just say the WWE has very little current star power these days.

Yeah WWE doesn't really have the star power these days.
    I really miss the idea of using the rumble to push a wrestler to the next level. Around the mid to late 90s rumbles were great for it.

RR 1990 - Hogan won ...
    RR 1991 - Hogan won.... again.
    RR 1992 - Flair won the belt. This was something different.
    RR 1993 - Yoko ... Pushing him to the next level. Even if he was only to be fed to Hogan.
    RR 1994 - Lex and Bret co winners. Something different.
    RR 1995 - we all thought bulldog had won the. Sneaky Michaels wins it.
    RR 1996 - Michaels wins it again (a repeat is never the same as before)
    RR 1997 - Austin ... Pushing him more and more.
    RR 1998 - Austin again... This time the rocket fully strapped to his back.
    RR 1999 - Vince. ... A rather unusual winner. But entertaining.

Looking back they certainly do like guys winning it twice. But maybe it's just because I was a kid back then but never knew who was gonna win. Today it feels like it's always the usual suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Back in the day the rumble was used to push guys out of the mid card and into the main event scene. That was the surprise. Now it just seems like they have no idea who to elevate so the only surprise is returning stars who are already a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Back in the day the rumble was used to push guys out of the mud card and into the main event scene. That was the surprise. Now it just seems like they have no idea who to elevate so the only surprise is returning stars who are already a draw

You sure about that? 93-97 maybe, but after austin won it in 98 there's only been 4/5 guys who hadn't been wwe/WWF champion already......

hynesie08 wrote: »
    You sure about that? 93-97 maybe, but after austin won it in 98 there's only been 4/5 guys who hadn't been wwe/WWF champion already......

That’s literally what I said

• Advertisement

Oh lord

I can actually see where the win is coming from and it will be Reigns vs Goldberg at mania :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Oh lord

I can actually see where the win is coming from and it will be Reigns vs Goldberg at mania :D

I want to see Goldberg come in number 9,get gassed by number 17 and get thrown out by Gable.

Smacruairi wrote: »
    I want to see Goldberg come in number 9,get gassed by number 17 and get thrown out by Gable.

Don't worry big bill will be number 30 and will blast through all standing in quick fashion to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Don't worry big bill will be number 30 and will blast through all standing in quick fashion to win it

I wonder have they learned anything this year with their plummeting ratings and realize that Goldberg winning would go down so badly with the vast majority of the fans.. I expect it’ll be him or Brock but really hope I’m way off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

Bleh, if Big E's a favourite, give it to John Morrison for MitB drama. :P

Should be Reigns/Rock for that whole head-of-the-table thang.

Hell, have Samoa Joe get out from behind the announcer table for either brand champ if he's able cause the one non-Anoa'i dynasty Samoan could have Reigns take it as a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brock back and winning it then winning the title back at WM.

Say what you want Brock is a draw.

Then a year long build for Brock vs Roman title for title with Heyman jumping between shows as advocate & special adviser stirring everything up and not know which one he will turn on.

That's how I would end the Rumble and set up the next two WrestleMania's

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brock back and winning it then winning the title back at WM.

Say what you want Brock is a draw.

Then a year long build for Brock vs Roman title for title with Heyman jumping between shows as advocate & special adviser stirring everything up and not know which one he will turn on.

That's how I would end the Rumble and set up the next two WrestleMania's

The next 2 manias? Vince can’t plan Raw these days on the day let alone angles 2 years away

• Registered Users Posts: 39,512 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah WWE doesn't really have the star power these days.
    I really miss the idea of using the rumble to push a wrestler to the next level. Around the mid to late 90s rumbles were great for it.

RR 1990 - Hogan won ...
    RR 1991 - Hogan won.... again.
    RR 1992 - Flair won the belt. This was something different.
    RR 1993 - Yoko ... Pushing him to the next level. Even if he was only to be fed to Hogan.
    RR 1994 - Lex and Bret co winners. Something different.
    RR 1995 - we all thought bulldog had won the. Sneaky Michaels wins it.
    RR 1996 - Michaels wins it again (a repeat is never the same as before)
    RR 1997 - Austin ... Pushing him more and more.
    RR 1998 - Austin again... This time the rocket fully strapped to his back.
    RR 1999 - Vince. ... A rather unusual winner. But entertaining.

Looking back they certainly do like guys winning it twice. But maybe it's just because I was a kid back then but never knew who was gonna win. Today it feels like it's always the usual suspects.

My favourite rumble match in 1992 and one that I’ve come to hate since it happened in 1999 which was an hour long story line involving Austin and Vince. 1992 was the best ever IMO. Just the names and the commentary of monsoon and heenan are what put it over the top for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,280 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Joe retired in ring, was looking forward to him against Rollins or Reigns?

• Advertisement

Jesus a Goldberg win should be shat on by a live crowd

Not looking likely that live crowds will return anytime soon

Advertisement