Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sage Barista Express Coffee machine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/17962/Sage-The-Barista-Express-Bean-To-Cup-Coffee-Machine-BES875UK

Your £392 deal on Amazon is £365 from Lakeland in UK.
    Could you perhaps deliver to Parcel Motel for the free UK delivery

I've had my eye on a Delonghi Dedica machine, it started off the week on Amazon at £143, went up everyday and today it's now £180! It's £159 from Lakeland.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tall chapy

For an extra approx €40 you could buy it locally in Harvey Norman's
    I am actually going to hopefully pick mine up today, as they had none in stock when I put a deposit on it last week.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/small-appliances/coffee-machines/bean-2-cup/sage-barista-express-espresso-coffee-machine-stainless-steel.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

tall chapy wrote: »
    For an extra approx €40 you could buy it locally in Harvey Norman's
    I am actually going to hopefully pick mine up today, as they had none in stock when I put a deposit on it last week.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/small-appliances/coffee-machines/bean-2-cup/sage-barista-express-espresso-coffee-machine-stainless-steel.html

Yeah I also went local in the end, mine was €199 (£169) in Arnotts, only £10 more expensive than getting it from UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I got one of these a few months back for about €500. Do not even think about it, just buy it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfast

I got one of these a few months back for about €500. Do not even think about it, just buy it now.

This!

Produces amazing tasty coffee especially once you are more accustomed to how the machine operates.

Please though, if you are purchasing this machine for either yourself or friends and family, treat it with what it deserves, freshly roasted coffee either from farmers markets or do a bit of research online for coffee roasters here in Ireland, most of them if not all post the coffee out the day it is roasted.

It does cost more than the beans you can buy in the shop but the taste really makes up for it.

Buy fresh beans and don't use supermarket coffee!

Last of all ENJOY

Flyingfast wrote: »
    This!

Produces amazing tasty coffee especially once you are more accustomed to how the machine operates.

Please though, if you are purchasing this machine for either yourself or friends and family, treat it with what it deserves, freshly roasted coffee either from farmers markets or do a bit of research online for coffee roasters here in Ireland, most of them if not all post the coffee out the day it is roasted.

It does cost more than the beans you can buy in the shop but the taste really makes up for it.

Buy fresh beans and don't use supermarket coffee!

Last of all ENJOY

in fairness freshly roasted beans from coffee shops/ online sub services do cost a lot more. you can get Lavazza Rossa beans (which are very decent as far as supermkt beans go) for 12 euro a kilo.

fresh beans cost about 8 euro per 250g on average so that's 12 euro a kilo vs 32 euro a kilo.

they do taste better mostly but Lavazza Rossa beans makes a decent cup imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfast

glasso wrote: »
    in fairness freshly roasted beans from coffee shops/ online sub services do cost a lot more. you can get Lavazza Rossa beans (which are very decent as far as supermkt beans go) for 12 euro a kilo.

fresh beans cost about 8 euro per 250g on average so that's 12 euro a kilo vs 32 euro a kilo.

they do taste better mostly but Lavazza Rossa beans makes a decent cup imo.

They are a lot more expensive to be fair, the way I look at it I was regularly paying 3 euro plus for a coffee whereas now even with the fresh beans a cup works out at around 65 cent its madness.

Have read the lavazza beans are decent at a very reasonable price!

Enjoy your cups

I get mine in Nick's coffee in ranelagh for €6 a bag. I had an insomnia after lunch earlier and the cup I made myself at home before work was far better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is the grinder in this good or would an expensive grinder be necessary to get the most out of the machine?

Lads is the grinder in this good or would an expensive grinder be necessary to get the most out of the machine?

The grinder works fine, nice and convenient to have everything in the one machine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I get mine in Nick's coffee in ranelagh for €6 a bag. I had an insomnia after lunch earlier and the cup I made myself at home before work was far better.

6e a bag and you get a free coffee with that. <3

Its 22e for a kilo bag and I was going up often one of the baristas said "man you could buy the KG bag" to which the response was "what save 2e but only get one free coffee instead of four"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Try the Aldi beans, I use them all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭nhur

Was waiting ages for the price to drop and finally got one... Still tweaking the settings to get the most out of the beans... Any tips on what order to adjust settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

How would this machine compare to the delonghi machine that's regularly recommended on here guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

How would this machine compare to the delonghi machine that's regularly recommended on here guys?

No comparison, IMHO. You have greater control with the Barista, and will get much better results as you get used to working the machine. The Delonghi machine is good, you’ll get uniform results everytime, but you can’t really tweak it.

If you’re looking for a coffee machine that you press a button and you have coffee, go for the Delonghi. If you’re looking for an excellent cup of coffee with a small bit of work involved, go for the Barista.

The Barista will also be much easier to clean, and I think it has a bigger water tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Del007 wrote: »

Which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Del007 wrote: »

Tesco Finest beans are great as well

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

I was thinking on ordering good beans online and then using a cheaper quality bean to practice and get used to the machine, is it ok to interchange between beans or is there something you have to do to allow for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Paddy223 wrote: »
    I was thinking on ordering good beans online and then using a cheaper quality bean to practice and get used to the machine, is it ok to interchange between beans or is there something you have to do to allow for this?

Nah, anyway u like, just throw 'em in.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

That's handy especially for trying out different beans as you go along

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Paddy223 wrote: »

No nothing you have to do. Some hoppers on grinders have a small plastic slider that you can use so you finish one batch before starting the next. But it doesnt really matter as youd only have 1 or 2 cups max with a mixture of the beans.

More importantly is to clean out your grinder about every 6 weeks if using it daily as coffee oils build up inside the burrs. Puly caff is a good brand for powder to clean it, you just run a sachet or spoonful through the grinder and then go again with a fresh bag of beans, discarding the first lot of coffee that comes through it after cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I get these from Amazon monthly on Subscribe & Save, find them really good.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Q0CMKNW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tesco Finest beans are great as well

find that they are muck

• Registered Users Posts: 11 heratio

https://www.discountcoffee.ie/ I'm buying there for years never disappointed, looking at a home roaster on Amazon will save a bundle.

heratio wrote: »
    https://www.discountcoffee.ie/ I'm buying there for years never disappointed, looking at a home roaster on Amazon will save a bundle.

freshly roasted? what blends would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ipnface

thestudiocoffee.com are worth a look as local suppliers with the Great Taste seal for 2018 and 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

I really recommend these guys https://www.pactcoffee.com/

Been with them for a year and excellent value. I get mine delivered up north but am sure you could use Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 heratio

glasso wrote: »
    freshly roasted? what blends would you recommend?

I usually get the Ethiopian beans, not freshly roasted you can pay extra for that, I just got the green beans from discount coffee with the intention of buying the roaster before Christmas.

Advertisement