Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

cormie wrote: »
    What, really? This BA is for it at €249, but you're saying the same link to buy it is now €130 with the €100 off? I thought the €230 price was with the €100 off :eek:

Oh Cormie, Cormie, Cormie :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I only joined this thread now and only looked at the first and last few posts :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I only joined this thread now and only looked at the first and last few posts :pac:

I bought it when the thread was started for €250 and thought I got a great deal. Then it went to €180 and then it went to €130. At €250, it was still a good deal so €130 is crazy value for money. Any other phone at €130 is going to be garbage compared to this.

Thanks for that, but it looks like I'm too late, or does it come back in stock every now and then?

I read a few previous posts too and saw the €50 cash back and all that too, but I think it was the on VF then for €280 (-100, -50 cash back = 130), but now it's just straight at €230 (-100 = 130).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah it comes back in stock every so often...still a lottery whether or not your order will get cancelled though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Sorry to drag this off-topic but does anyone know if the TCL 10L is unlocked when ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

So I had the phone in a cupboard for just over 24 hours in Airplane Mode,
    it used 27% Battery :eek:

Surely that can't be normal? No apps installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I bought one in the Vodafone shop in Omni shopping centre no bother today they had loads according to the lady that served me

Seriously, just use the phone. I've never seen someone agonise so much over a phone they're not even using.

As mentioned, if you're not using it then just turn it off and drain will be zero. Otherwise, put a SIM in it, use it, and then gauge what the battery life is like.

Edit: For the record, I haven't been using mine and it is down 33% after 40 hours with everything syncing and strong mobile and wifi signals. AOD turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I bought one in the Vodafone shop in Omni shopping centre no bother today they had loads according to the lady that served me

i think those are my 3-4 cancelled orders which they have in store now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Were you able to get the €100 off in store? And did you actually have to switch to Vodafone or were you using a 'new' sim? Sorry for questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Sounds like a Nokia 3310 would better suit your needs...it would probably last a week in your cupboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Ordered one around 19th/20th.
    Never got confirmation mail, money was taken from card though.
    Used livechat to query the order around 26th/27th - they said shipping issue and would cancel order, but felt like they were fobbing me off.
    Lo and behold knock on door from postie this morning and phone arrived :confused:

timbertime wrote: »
    Were you able to get the €100 off in store? And did you actually have to switch to Vodafone or were you using a 'new' sim? Sorry for questions.

Also interested in this please, what was the final price you paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Also interested in this please, what was the final price you paid?

Same, been waiting for it to come back online, never thought of going to a shop. Won't manage to go til the weekend. If anyone else goes to a store and gets it for the 129 can they confirm here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pixel3a

I managed to get this about two weeks ago. I was using a top of the range Xiaomi prior to this (destroyed it beyond repair). The pixel is phenomenal. The camera is really superb and far exceeds my expectations. The screen is not as bright as I like, but I can more live with it. Also the battery isn't great(but the battery saver is very good).

Overall it is an excellent phone and I would recommend it 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

pixel3a wrote: »
    I managed to get this about two weeks ago. I was using a top of the range Xiaomi prior to this (destroyed it beyond repair). The pixel is phenomenal. The camera is really superb and far exceeds my expectations. The screen is not as bright as I like, but I can more live with it. Also the battery isn't great(but the battery saver is very good).

You must really like it with that username!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Same, been waiting for it to come back online, never thought of going to a shop. Won't manage to go til the weekend. If anyone else goes to a store and gets it for the 129 can they confirm here please.
    Yeah i bought it in store for 129 yesterday,you still need a number to port though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

pixel3a wrote: »

Battery isn't great?

I'm using the Pixel 3A since the day this thread started last year and I'm finding it excellent.

Get a day which is all I want from my phone and would be mid-heavy user.

One of the best bargins to every grace this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I needed a number to port over but got the 100 off
    It was fairly hassle free, she asked me what plan I wanted and I told her id decide later she was grand about it
    Its a grand phone I don't notice any issues with the battery and it gets the same use as any other smartphone

• Advertisement

Thanks, wouldn't mind trying to get one soon, can you only get free sim cards from eir.ie and have to wait a few days for delivery? There was mention of lyca sim cards being ok, but it says the porting doesn't include coming from lyca?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Pixel 4 is out and pixel 5 is due. Out
    Wait

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    Pixel 4 is out and pixel 5 is due. Out
    Wait

They cost and will cost a lot more than €130. This is still a great phone especially for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Thanks, wouldn't mind trying to get one soon, can you only get free sim cards from eir.ie and have to wait a few days for delivery? There was mention of lyca sim cards being ok, but it says the porting doesn't include coming from lyca?

You can use Tesco, 3, 48. Tesco charge 15 euro for their Sim card, but it's free if you buy 15 euro phone credit. You can pass/sell on the credit to someone you know. This might be the quickest way to get a Sim card.

Their terms say Lyca not accepted, but multiple people on here have used Lyca without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I needed a number to port over but got the 100 off
    It was fairly hassle free, she asked me what plan I wanted and I told her id decide later she was grand about it
    Its a grand phone I don't notice any issues with the battery and it gets the same use as any other smartphone

so thats just 130 and no need to buy 20 eur topup?

For any trying to get one in-store just checked Grafton St and they have none in stock. They did a check and only Navan have some at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

For any trying to get one in-store just checked Grafton St and they have none in stock. They did a check and only Navan have some at the moment.

Cool thanks - saved me a trip I was thinking of doing
    Did they say when they might be back in stock online?

frash wrote: »
    Cool thanks - saved me a trip I was thinking of doing
    Did they say when they might be back in stock online?

No he didn't know. He said they are due a delivery of stock tomorrow to the shop but he doesn't know what phones are in it until it's opened. V strange business model!!!

• Advertisement

No he didn't know. He said they are due a delivery of stock tomorrow to the shop but he doesn't know what phones are in it until it's opened. V strange business model!!!

They never have a clue in the shops. I used to go into a Vodafone shop on the day of a release of an HTC phone, they would know nothing about it.....I'd get them to go and check out the back and there would be the phone sitting in their delivery.

Last October when I was trying to track down a 3a in a shop in Dublin (because the website was a disaster), no shops ever had any stock. They used to always say they might get some in their next delivery, but they never did.

Advertisement