Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Basq wrote: »
    I don't think I've listened long enough to them to warrant hearing a pop.. might give them a good listen tomorrow at work.

EDIT: 3 reviews on Amazon mention it.. seems to indicate either rubbing against cans or a change in pressure causes it. Shame!

happened twice this morning.

Had just gotten out of the car and later on stepped off a kerb.

very annoying as they are so comfortable. You would forget you are wearing them and the noise cancellation is excellent.

I have sent them an email though amazon, i will see what they say.

From a review

"I gave these headphones as a Christmas gift, and they were ordered in October (early so as to not miss the price promotion that was on). During their first use by the recipient, they started to make a cracking noise within 20 minutes of use. The noise occurred in sync with a heavier footfall (stepping off a kerb, etc.) and is obvious when you wear them and jump up and down, so I can only assume that the build quality is poor and an internal component has come loose and is causing this. I now have them back from the recipient due to the fault, but the returns period has expired so I'm stuck with them unless the company is proactive in their aftercare."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

brightkane wrote: »
    happened twice this morning.
    From a review
    "I now have them back from the recipient due to the fault, but the returns period has expired so I'm stuck with them unless the company is proactive in their aftercare."
    I just read that, and they are well covered by warranty. If bought in October 2019, the buyer still has at least two years warranty.

Does the popping/clicking still happen if you ave noise cancellation turned off?

Suckit wrote: »
    Does the popping/clicking still happen if you ave noise cancellation turned off?

Will test that on the journey home!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Will test that on the journey home!
    Reviews seem to indicate only happened with NC on.. but yeah, curious to hear this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Have they popped since?. It happened to.me also. I thought I was being shot!

Its weird.

It happens on the bus if I leave it (maybe twice in a hour) on but I just sat in the work canteen for 45 minutes with NC on and it didn't happen at all.

Its not really a deal breaker for me anyway. Even with noise cancelling off the ear cups do a decent job isolating sound

• Advertisement

Its weird.

It happens on the bus if I leave it (maybe twice in a hour) on but I just sat in the work canteen for 45 minutes with NC on and it didn't happen at all.

Its not really a deal breaker for me anyway. Even with noise cancelling off the ear cups do a decent job isolating sound

I love the comfort and the sound from them but it might be a deal breaker for me, i will test it on the way home and then maybe only use noise cancellation on flights ect.

i will report what Anker support say.

Has anyone used them running/jogging with NC enabled?

Reply from Anker which i will try this evening on the way home and then i will try it with NC disabled on the way in tomorrow..

"hank you for contacting Soundcore Customer Service. So sorry to hear about the issue with your headphones! We would love to make this right for you as quickly and easily as possible.

Please let me know if these troubleshooting tips are helpful:

- "Forget" the headphones in your device's Bluetooth history.

- Reset the headphones by holding down the Power button and Volume+ button together for 5 seconds while the headphones are charging.

- Try pairing it with another device.

If troubleshooting does not fix the problem, we're more than glad to help with a warranty claim per our warranty.

"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

This is cheap: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000266153835.html

Not sure how good it is but looks like loads sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

coldfire1x wrote: »
    This is cheap: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000266153835.html

Not sure how good it is but looks like loads sold.

Hmm. Clearly too good to be true.

Also, clearly I will buy them anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

I love the comfort and the sound from them but it might be a deal breaker for me, i will test it on the way home and then maybe only use noise cancellation on flights ect.

i will report what Anker support say.

Has anyone used them running/jogging with NC enabled?

You do you, but jogging with over ear headphones, with NC enabled sounds like a good way to get hit by a car.

They do seem pretty secure on my head so I bet it would work. I just wouldnt recommend.

Personally I find sweat is death for headphones. I bought a pair of waterproof Phillips ear buds I use exclusively for running / gym.

• Advertisement

You do you, but jogging with over ear headphones, with NC enabled sounds like a good way to get hit by a car.

They do seem pretty secure on my head so I bet it would work. I just wouldnt recommend.

Personally I find sweat is death for headphones. I bought a pair of waterproof Phillips ear buds I use exclusively for running / gym.

Sorry I meant in a gym. Just to see if th le constant movement increased the loud pop noise .

After following their instructions mine popped 3 times in 10 minutes walking to the train. I turned nc off and nothing further. Will test in the morning with nc off. Either way I will be returning for a replacement pair.

Sorry I meant in a gym. Just to see if th le constant movement increased the loud pop noise .

After following their instructions mine popped 3 times in 10 minutes walking to the train. I turned nc off and nothing further. Will test in the morning with nc off. Either way I will be returning for a replacement pair.

I worked late tonight so didn't get the chance to, or bother searching which sets for sure.
    But... I THINK that Sony and Bose had headphones with the same issue about a year ago. They replaced them without question but gave different reasons for the cause of the issue.

I also believe that Sony had (a?) set of headphones with the same or similar drivers to these. I don't know if they were the same set that had those issues, nor do I know if there was more than one.

I could be adding 2+2 and getting 7..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I got my Creative Outlier Air replacements yesterday and so far so good this morning. Usually the same route I walk from the train to the bus would cause a lot of interference and static on the headphones but all good this morning. A small bit of static the odd time which is to be expected but will try them out daily for the next week or 2 to see if it's consistent otherwise I'll be looking for a refund

I worked late tonight so didn't get the chance to, or bother searching which sets for sure.
    But... I THINK that Sony and Bose had headphones with the same issue about a year ago. They replaced them without question but gave different reasons for the cause of the issue.

I also believe that Sony had (a?) set of headphones with the same or similar drivers to these. I don't know if they were the same set that had those issues, nor do I know if there was more than one.

I could be adding 2+2 and getting 7..

No popping with NC disabled this morning or some of the commute yesterday. I have contacted Anker for a replacement. Keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Has any one got the Sony WH- XB700s

I have a pair on order from warehouse deals yesterday for £52 just wondering if it's worth getting them. Have a pair of Sennheisser HD4.5's I quite like but I don't use them out and about much as they are pretty bulky to wear around my neck as the cups don't twist and lay flat. Mostly use my creative outlier sports.

These Sony's don't have noise cancelling but seem ok USB C is a big plus. I'd still bring my sennhesiers if I wanted noise cancelling but these seem ok for out and about use. Battery life is excellent on them.

Would love the Sony XM3's or even the XB900's but they are a bit over budget at the minute. Possibly should just wait till I can spare the cash for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

I bought Tiso i6's from AliExpress.

One stopped working, I sent them a video and opened a dispute.

Their resolution? A refund for half the price of the headphones as one still works:confused::confused:

You couldn't make this up.

Then their link in the reply email won't work, and I can't reply to their email, so I'm high and dry.

Never again.

JCDUB wrote: »

Their resolution? A refund for half the price of the headphones as one still works:confused::confused:

Then their link in the reply email won't work, and I can't reply to their email, so I'm high and dry.

Never again.

Don't accept it, and wait for aliexpress to intervene.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 doingthedo

Never again.

The cheek!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 doingthedo

My Anker SoundCores arrived today after ordering Saturday with standard delivery.

I.am.loving.them.

NC works really well. Went to Dunnes on the walk home and took them off to pay and I couldn't belive the noise of the place. I was a little on edge expecting a pop like some posters but nothing yet. Had thme on for about an hour. That included walking and doing some jobs around the house. Sound is great. Really comfortable and feel well built. Some reviewers say they are a little big, but that suited my fat head!

Can see myself buying these again if I break/lose them.

doingthedo wrote: »
    The cheek!
    Many of the stores will chance their arm in offering a not so acceptable partial refund.
    Assuming that the user has them paired correctly and both charged etc.. then Aliexpress will likely agree with them and decide a full refund with the possibility of the seller asking for them to be returned at the buyers/users cost.
    But often an agreement can be made with the seller before it comes to that.
    Just make sure not to accept their first offer.

• Advertisement

Many of the stores will chance their arm in offering a not so acceptable partial refund.
    Assuming that the user has them paired correctly and both charged etc.. then Aliexpress will likely agree with them and decide a full refund with the possibility of the seller asking for them to be returned at the buyers/users cost.
    But often an agreement can be made with the seller before it comes to that.
    Just make sure not to accept their first offer.

I couldn't do anything! Their link in email didn't work. I replied to the email but got no response. In fairness it does say not to reply to the email. I tried customer service chat and all I got was a bot.

So literally no way of interacting with them. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

JCDUB wrote:
    So literally no way of interacting with them. None.

Dispute in AliExpress. That's how you should have went the first-time.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Dispute in AliExpress. That's how you should have went the first-time.

I opened a dispute. They offered me a resolution, which I was not happy with. However the link in their email didn't work, and there was no way to contact them to tell them this.
    I tried their chat but it was a bot.

I did explain all this in an earlier post.

Anyway, my advice, avoid AliExpress and these headphones (Tiso i6) at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I opened a dispute. They offered me a resolution, which I was not happy with. However the link in their email didn't work, and there was no way to contact them to tell them this.
    I tried their chat but it was a bot.

I did explain all this in an earlier post.

Anyway, my advice, avoid AliExpress and these headphones (Tiso i6) at all costs.

you need to either log into the aliexpress site and reject the resolution from there or else do it from the app.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They asked me to submit more evidence and like you, there is no way to do that and no way to contact them haha, **** site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

You guys just reminded me that I ordered a pair of wired earphones months ago and they never arrived. Logged into the site and they're marked them as received and I can't dispute. Feck sake. At least they were dirt cheap. This's is the reason I usually try and buy from eBay or the like within the EU. You might pay a bit more but they also usually arrive faster and they've always arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Anyone using them soundcores mentioned above in the gym? Can't really see them working well if jogging on a thread mill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I got these SoundPeats ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07P1T5P97/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) after a recommendation on here. Must say am very impressed. Great battery life due to the charging box, and they stay in nice and snug even when running. I got them cheaper than they are now, so keep an eye out for discounts if going for them.

You may need to use addresspal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I got these SoundPeats ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07P1T5P97/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) after a recommendation on here. Must say am very impressed. Great battery life due to the charging box, and they stay in nice and snug even when running. I got them cheaper than they are now, so keep an eye out for discounts if going for them.

You may need to use addresspal.

How's the call quality outside with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Have only taken a couple of calls with them but all seemed grand

Advertisement