Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of Inkjet cartridge prices? Laser Printer Bargain €59.99

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

maidhc wrote: »
    I run 7 or 8 printers in total, and have had every kind of inkjet under the sun, but that one is really exceptional when it comes to running costs and purchase price IMO.

Certainly impressive cost per sheet for sure. It sounds like you print pretty regularly but have you found any inkjet that can stand a month or more and reliably work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭maidhc

Daibheid wrote: »
    Certainly impressive cost per sheet for sure. It sounds like you print pretty regularly but have you found any inkjet that can stand a month or more and reliably work?

I'll check the counters, but I think the Officejet has about 4000 pages or more clocked at this stage with no issues other other a few jams.

For the sake of being fair I have three Samsung SCX4824 MFPs as well, 2 have 15,000 pages and one 5,000. All running perfect without as much as jam between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

maidhc wrote: »
    All running perfect without as much as jam between them.
    My issue was always clogging of the nozzles over time rather than jamming. Sometimes it would clear with a nozzle cleaning cycle, other times it was the end of the cartridge after only a few pages in some cases. If it wasn't it often depleted the ink level by 20%+ by the time it would print clearly.

It sounds like your inkjets never cool down long enough to clog!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Might be a stupid question but does the printer come with a toner cartridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

colly_06 wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question but does the printer come with a toner cartridge?

Yes, it will come with a cartridge, although I'm not sure if it will be a full capacity one, many printers are only supplied with half full cartridges from new so that they can catch you for the price of a replacement as soon as possible as that is where the manufacturers make their healthiest profit.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement