Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60" LG TV - €539

Options
  • 12-11-2019 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

How is this TV? Is it any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Looks good, price seems good too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

bertie4evr wrote: »
    How is this TV? Is it any goo?

1 year warranty is awful !

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

Picked up the 65" model at arrnotts warehouse sale. Picture quality is good. few downpoints.

1. Its thick compared to a lot of the slim models available now.
    2. The legs are a little awkward to attach
    3. For the size of the tv the legs don't seem very steady/secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Invincible wrote: »
    1 year warranty is awful !
    Generally if you purchase goods in the EU you should have a means of redress for issues up to 2 years from the date of purchase should something go faulty, once it wasn't due to misuse/accidents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Am I missing the link? Where's the TV?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s a click link contained in the “this tv” text.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

The blue writing contains the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Yeah you’re missing the link In the first post lol

The link is embedded in "this TV"

Spec savers for me, seems like a great TV for the price, same one in Argos is €610, good reviews when it pops up on HUKD for £499 I was waiting for Blackfriday to see if the price would drop, or if something similar priced from Richersounds for the 6 year warranty. Freesat built in is great

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Spec savers for me, seems like a great TV for the price, same one in Argos is €610, good reviews when it pops up on HUKD for £499 I was waiting for Blackfriday to see if the price would drop, or if something similar priced from Richersounds for the 6 year warranty. Freesat built in is great

Just bear in mind that freesat support won't be as good as a dedicated box. I say this having bought a 55" LG a few months ago

- There's an apparently well known bug in the EPG where when you press the guide button while watching Freesat, the live TV window doesn't work and you can't actually just select another channel without first switching inputs back and forth. Affects multiple LG models for years now.

- recording will require an external USB hard drive

- The Single input satellite connection will mean that you can't record one satellite channel while watching another (unless the second channel is saorview or on the same frequency as the first)

- the implementation of a series link option is clunky. You can't just select the programme and choose that option, rather you have to select the days it recurs and add some padding on the record times as otherwise programmes will be cut off either side if a few minutes late/early.

- No remote record/app when you're out and about

If you only occasionally watch live TV (like myself) these are more an annoyance than a deal breaker, but having owned one of the Humax Freesat boxes (HDR-1100s) previously - which does properly support all of the above - you might be better off with one of those if the above is important to you.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

449 sterling up North (524 euro)

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8956345

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fulhamc

One thing to be aware of, Web OS on LG is not android based so you won't be able to load apps from google playstore etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

kaiser - would you sat that for all tv's with built in sat tuner

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

fryup wrote: »
    kaiser - would you sat that for all tv's with built in sat tuner

I can only speak for the LG I have and the issue I've read regarding the EPG bug I referred to. More on it here :

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-freesat-epg-channel-preview-issue.2066706/

(goes back to 2016 models)

Some tvs have dual satellite inputs which would overcome the single recording issue, others will have a different implementation of Freesat that may work better.

But a dedicated box is probably best if you expect like for like sky+ functionality for example

Advertisement