Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

e100 credit electric Ireland

• 27-03-2018 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭

Hi out of contract with electric Ireland(gas and electricity)rang sales hoping to get something back as a loyal customer etc, first guy no joy,rang sales again , spoke to a lady who said someone will call back,they did, offered me a climate,have one I told him,e100 instead,plus I retain my 8 and a half percent reduction on both,hope this helps someone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Always worth shopping around and looking for deals at the end of contracts. Most people let it slide and probably lose out on a few hundred euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

I was with EI but moved to https://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/home/electricity/join/ 175€ cashback and 10% off - EI didn't bother to keep me. It's only for electricity for both might be more cashback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

loki7777 wrote: »
    I was with EI but moved to https://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/home/electricity/join/ 175€ cashback and 10% off - EI didn't bother to keep me. It's only for electricity for both might be more cashback.
    Looked at them,basic price was higher than ei,(gas and electricity)ei I as told were looking for new customers ref cashback,so with my e100,plus 8 and a half percent reduction on both bills think I did ok,all it cost was a few calls,e175 would have been nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Amouar

Same happened to me! EI didn't want to give any discount so went ahead and switched to BG. Process was very smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

heres better folks:

Energy Offer for One Big Switch members Deal
    Up to €408 potential savings*
    28% off Bord Gáis Energy's electricity standard rates**
    30% off Bord Gáis Energy's gas standard rates**
    €1400 estimated annual bill^
    RATES Electricity
    13.26 c / kWh
    40.93 c / day electricity standing charge
    Gas
    4.078 c / kWh - inc VAT
    25.72 c / day gas standing charge - All figures include VAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭zell12

That's not a bargain OP
    You're best off to go to Energia website using the promo code CHEAPDUAL . You will get €50 cashback, 29% off their standard electricity rate, 28% off gas rates for a year.
    or better
    switch both to BordGais + €175 cashback

People should switch every year regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

zell12 wrote: »
    That's not a bargain OP
    You're best off to go to Energia website using the promo code CHEAPDUAL . You will get €50 cashback, 29% off their standard electricity rate, 28% off gas rates for a year.
    or better
    switch both to BordGais + €175 cashback

People should switch every year regardless.

With energia at the moment. Will be switching to bord gais tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am with Electric Ireland and contract finishing up in June.

We have only electricity at our apartment. What would be the best deal in my case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

We have only electricity at our apartment. What would be the best deal in my case?

Bordgais...

I am with Electric Ireland and contract finishing up in June. We have only electricity at our apartment. What would be the best deal in my case?
    BordGais. They have €175 cashback, which cancels out other's cheaper rates.
    Research it yourself and let us know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

went with EI for the gas to get €175 cashback and Bord Gais for the electric another €175 back tots 350 + reduced rates on both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭masterboy123

You all are right.

I want to see actual expiry date of my electric Ireland account, where do i find it? Or is it always 12 months fixed? I have their online account without paper billing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Use bonkers.ie and it will give you all the deals

You all are right.

I want to see actual expiry date of my electric Ireland account, where do i find it? Or is it always 12 months fixed? I have their online account without paper billing
    Have to contact them

Have to contact them
    Why?
    Use an online comparison site like bonkers.ie, switcher.ie or another that allows cashback comparison confido.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

Why?
    Use an online comparison site like bonkers.ie, switcher.ie or another that allows cashback comparison confido.ie

The question was how to check the expiry dates of the accounts - not how to compare offers (for which your reply is the answer)

Cameraman wrote: »
    The question was how to check the expiry dates of the accounts - not how to compare offers (for which your reply is the answer)
    I surmised the OP realised that they may not have gotten the best bargain :D

Have to contact them
    Why?
    Checked big switch,no cashback offers that I could see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

confido.ie shows cashback

Fecking missed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

loki7777 wrote:

Cheers, I can save 280e a year with energia and get 50e cashback if I leave electric Ireland. Calling them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Have to contact them

I switched my father he was getting an allowance on the electric ireland but now tht he is getting both electricty and gas from bord gais will he still get his allowance with bord gais or do i have to ring social welfare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Use bonkers.ie and it will give you all the deals

I don't think the comparison sites factor in cash back offers. Best bet is to set up your own comparison spreadsheet. That way you can factor in the cash backs. I'm currently with Energia (electricity only) with a 33% discount. I'm out of contract with them in May & if they don't offer me the 33% discount beyond that I will be jumping ship to another supplier. For my research & calculations it looks like Bord Gais will be my supplier of choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

torrevieja wrote: »
    I switched my father he was getting an allowance on the electric ireland but now tht he is getting both electricty and gas from bord gais will he still get his allowance with bord gais or do i have to ring social welfare?

Ring social welfare. He will get his allowance paid into his bank account, it won't be automatically paid to board gais like it was to electric ireland.

Advertisement