Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef, farming, rural Ireland...are their complaints legitimate?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,119 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

In answer to faculties in Blanch, also you picked a bad example in Dublin for despite its faults, it does have a library, college, aquatic center, pubs, restaurants, shopping centre, schools, community centres churches, Gaa club, rubgy club, outdoor soccer pitches, diving lessons, trains, buses, cinema.

And yes there are working class areas (before the inevitable slagging it off) in it but its plenty of facilities.

Look, I'm not responding directly to both of you individually - the other fella has so many of the "basics" completely incorrect that it would be funny if he was being serious and not trolling. Shiting on about farmers owning "milk producers" when they are the milk producers. He hasn't got a clue.

Give me a minimum size for your town then. Outside of which people cannot build and the cut-off below which people in smaller settlements should be moved or amalgamated over time? There's over 20k in Balbriggan. That's 2.5 times the population of Longford town.....maybe we should uproot all the people in Longford town and force them to Sligo town so that they could have the luxury of having the facilities of what is in Balbriggan - a few betting shops, couple of pubs, a tesco a super valu a lidl and a couple of chippers. Because if your argument is that people shouldn't be allowed to live in smaller settlements, then why should they be allowed to stay in one that has only 8k people?

Gob****es repeating their matra's against "one off housing" like autistics who are having a bad day want to push people into Rural clusters. You're talking of 4-10 houses beside each other. You're not talking about some kind of critical mass that you appear to be leaning towards. It's just bitter begrudgery and jealousy.
    People who live in the countryside should be allowed to continue to live there in order that those communities should prosper. But it should of course remain restricted to only country people. If you are from a rural area in the county, you should be able to get some permission to build in the county - with restrictions that you can't sell for X years. If you are from the town, stay in the town. No country house for you. That's a compromise most would be willing to make! Go up to Dublin and buy yourself a house in a facility-rich utopia such as Darndale and don't be sticking your noses into other people's lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

lol, one off housing is to your OWN detriment Donald, not us sophisticated city slickers, although we do pay for your infrastructure. I'm certainly not jealous of having to drive everywhere and not being able to go for a walk without a high viz jacket on lol.
    Anyway, it's a one off housing country, and it's not going to change any time soon, so I wouldn't get so worked up about it if I were you.

lol, one off housing is to your OWN detriment Donald, not us sophisticated city slickers, although we do pay for your infrastructure. I'm certainly not jealous of having to drive everywhere and not being able to go for a walk without a high viz jacket on lol.
    Anyway, it's a one off housing country, and it's not going to change any time soon, so I wouldn't get so worked up about it if I were you.

The irony is that plenty of people in the countryside live where they work. If they have a commute, it's 5-10 mins.
    If you want to take the population of Leitrim and put them all into one big town in the county, sure people would have to commute then back to their farms or associated business where they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

In answer to faculties in Blanch, also you picked a bad example in Dublin for despite its faults, it does have a library, college, aquatic center, pubs, restaurants, shopping centre, schools, community centres churches, Gaa club, rubgy club, outdoor soccer pitches, diving lessons, trains, buses, cinema.

And yes there are working class areas (before the inevitable slagging it off) in it but its plenty of facilities.

Look, I'm not responding directly to both of you individually - the other fella has so many of the "basics" completely incorrect that it would be funny if he was being serious and not trolling. Shiting on about farmers owning "milk producers" when they are the milk producers. He hasn't got a clue.

Give me a minimum size for your town then. Outside of which people cannot build and the cut-off below which people in smaller settlements should be moved or amalgamated over time? There's over 20k in Balbriggan. That's 2.5 times the population of Longford town.....maybe we should uproot all the people in Longford town and force them to Sligo town so that they could have the luxury of having the facilities of what is in Balbriggan - a few betting shops, couple of pubs, a tesco a super valu a lidl and a couple of chippers. Because if your argument is that people shouldn't be allowed to live in smaller settlements, then why should they be allowed to stay in one that has only 8k people?

Gob****es repeating their matra's against "one off housing" like autistics who are having a bad day want to push people into Rural clusters. You're talking of 4-10 houses beside each other. You're not talking about some kind of critical mass that you appear to be leaning towards. It's just bitter begrudgery and jealousy.
    People who live in the countryside should be allowed to continue to live there in order that those communities should prosper. But it should of course remain restricted to only country people. If you are from a rural area in the county, you should be able to get some permission to build in the county - with restrictions that you can't sell for X years. If you are from the town, stay in the town. No country house for you. That's a compromise most would be willing to make! Go up to Dublin and buy yourself a house in a facility-rich utopia such as Darndale and don't be sticking your noses into other people's lives.
    My arguement is not that people shouldnt be allowed do anything just saying why the pubs and post offices are closing. People can live where they want. Dosent really effect me if people don't have post offices or broadband.

Calm down I didnt say darn dale is a utopia. I am not for a second suggesting everyone lives in huge towns. You are having arguements about points i didn't even make.

Stawmen all over the place. Why would I be jealous if I wanted to live in the country I could just move. Not a big deal.

Autists? Are you five?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Shiting on about farmers owning "milk producers" when they are the milk producers. He hasn't got a clue.

Who owns the Co-Ops? :pac:

People who live in the countryside should be allowed to continue to live there in order that those communities should prosper.

How is that working out for ya? The narrative about everything being an attack on rural Ireland is reaching propaganda levels now a days. The latest in the long line of bull**** is the shutting down of the Aertel service.
    But it should of course remain restricted to only country people.

What defines a country person? Are we talking about someone of a different race here?
    If you are from a rural area in the county, you should be able to get some permission to build in the county - with restrictions that you can't sell for X years. If you are from the town, stay in the town. No country house for you. That's a compromise most would be willing to make! Go up to Dublin and buy yourself a house in a facility-rich utopia such as Darndale and don't be sticking your noses into other people's lives.

Grand so, can we also get back the Billions of euros that urban centers, like Dublin and Cork re-distribute to rural Ireland. Don't want to be sticking our noses into your lives and all. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

There's so much evidence and common sense piled up that rural one-off housing has contributed massively to the further economic decline of rural Ireland but people don't want to hear it.

Chape site and subsidised evreything more like.

As if a pastel coloured pebble-dashed monstrosity with faux-Roman pillars in the middle of a field on the side of a hill represents 'community' and a tasteful twist on vernacular rural Irish architecture.

Where's me fibre optic broadband minister? If I had it, I'd start a business like Tweeter or Air B.B. in my corrugated shed.* Mise Éire.

*I'd sign up for Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I think a lot of problems go back to the planning of one off housing instead of living in villages or near villages in small clusters. The reliance on the car is what has killed pubs and post offices. If people lived and shopped in the villages then they wouldn't be dying. Instead they choose bigger houses and driving everywhere. Broadband would be a lot easier to provide to ten houses then to one.

I think its very sad actually, what happens when your children grow up and move to a city, you are just left rattling round a huge old house on your own and you can't even go for a pint because you live too far away. the countryside is dying and cars are a big part of that. If you live near others you can use a bike to go to the post office or walk.

In France and the UK the rural settlement is much more village based and is much nicer for it. I don't see why a farmer needs to live right on the farm in all cases. Whatever about the farmer, I don't see why all his kids need to.

However as a city dweller I am a monster for bringing this up, how dare I the countryside is not for me, its for the people who live in it. how date I comment on the view and how could you live in a tiny little box, etc, etc.

When its gone though and Ireland is filled with old empty mc mansions and holiday homes we are going to miss having a countryside.

In many areas of the west coast, this situation was exacerbated by the Congested Districts Board.

Yurt! wrote: »
    There's so much evidence and common sense piled up that rural one-off housing has contributed massively to the further economic decline of rural Ireland but people don't want to hear it.

Chape site and subsidised evreything more like.

As if a pastel coloured pebble-dashed monstrosity with faux-Roman pillars in the middle of a field on the side of a hill represents 'community' and a tasteful twist on vernacular rural Irish architecture.

Where's me fibre optic broadband minister? If I had it, I'd start a business like Tweeter or Air B.B. in my corrugated shed.* Mise Éire.

*I'd sign up for Netflix.

Jaysus. The bang of bitterness off ya is something terrible.

Your "evidence" for subsidisation amounts to moaning that it would cost more to provide a service (fibre optic broadband) which isn't being provided....It is currently costing zero to provide nothing....but if it was to be provided it would cost something....therefore they are being subsidized......kind of how the denizens of Darndale are getting subsidized for the local aquatic centre.... I mean the locals would like one, and it would cost a lost for them to have it...we're not giving it to them but hey, it's still a subsidy...lol...am I doing it right?

Just be happy with your own life dude. Council houses in a council estate aren't for everyone, but they "suit" some types of people.

My arguement is not that people shouldnt be allowed do anything just saying why the pubs and post offices are closing. People can live where they want. Dosent really effect me if people don't have post offices or broadband.

Calm down I didnt say darn dale is a utopia. I am not for a second suggesting everyone lives in huge towns. You are having arguements about points i didn't even make.

Stawmen all over the place. Why would I be jealous if I wanted to live in the country I could just move. Not a big deal.

Autists? Are you five?

You are arguing for rural clusters in order to save Post Offices in villages. no? It's a stupid argument.

Suppose you live in an area where there are 6 houses on a one mile stretch of road. All local houses. The nearest small town is 5 miles away. The Post Office in that town in about to close. Let's put project jam_mac_jam into action to save the post office. What we will do it take those 6 houses, knock them down, build 6 houses in a cluster at the end of the road (still 5 miles from the town) and move the families into the new houses. Then we can sit back and marvel as the Post Office is saved. This is your logic dude. because you appear to be arguing that if it was 6 new houses, putting them into a cluster helps that post office.

Rural clusters are to prevent the visual effects of ribbon development. You can argue for them on that reason if you wish. But nobody on here appears doing that. They are arguing that a rural cluster helps the economy somehow compared to ribbon development. It's pure and utter inane shite

Autists? Are you five?

You are arguing for rural clusters in order to save Post Offices in villages. no? It's a stupid argument.

Suppose you live in an area where there are 6 houses on a one mile stretch of road. All local houses. The nearest small town is 5 miles away. The Post Office in that town in about to close. Let's put project jam_mac_jam into action to save the post office. What we will do it take those 6 houses, knock them down, build 6 houses in a cluster at the end of the road (still 5 miles from the town) and move the families into the new houses. Then we can sit back and marvel as the Post Office is saved. This is your logic dude. because you appear to be arguing that if it was 6 new houses, putting them into a cluster helps that post office.

Rural clusters are to prevent the visual effects of ribbon development. You can argue for them on that reason if you wish. But nobody on here appears doing that. They are arguing that a rural cluster helps the economy somehow compared to ribbon development. It's pure and utter inane shite
    Not going to bother arguing somebody calling an arguement stupid or inane ****e.

Go and look up the effects yourself a quick Google of economic effects. Case study bad planning. I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

The argument about rural Ireland and one off housing is down to progress, in Ireland 30 years ago we had no internet, foreign travel, Aldi and Lidl, big schools, Mobile phones and the local village was the pub, post office, and mass, nowadays everyone has iPhone, lab top, email, travel the world, super roads to travel.
    The likes of internet for buying clothes, farm goods even shopping for food and courier delivery of everything, takeaways for every type of food.
    Ireland is moving so fast now rural Ireland is being left behind and farming is dying slowly, the gaa is loosing its way too with so many players away all over the world, who goes to mass now and so many different religions now.
    So coming on and saying once off housing should be stopped is crazy, what is the solution push everyone to Dublin and bigger housing crisis and money for the chosen developers and the TD.

Not going to bother arguing somebody calling an arguement stupid or inane ****e.

Go and look up the effects yourself a quick Google of economic effects. Case study bad planning. I'm out.

Typical type of response when you are wrong and it is pointed out in clear terms

Or come back to us when you think you've figured out why pushing those 6 houses into a cluster, instead of allowing ribbon development over a mile of road, will save the post office in the town 5 miles away.

Typical type of response when you are wrong and it is pointed out in clear terms

Or come back to us when you think you've figured out why pushing those 6 houses into a cluster, instead of allowing ribbon development over a mile of road, will save the post office in the town 5 miles away.
    Stawmen everywhere. That's exactly what I said. Go off and just argue with yourself as you are not listening to anything.

Stawmen everywhere. That's exactly what I said. Go off and just argue with yourself as you are not listening to anything.

I don't think you know what "strawman" means.

Are you, or are you not arguing for rural clusters (in preference to one-off housing) as a solution to the problem of lack of facilities in local towns?

Because I am strongly of the opinion that it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the survival of the local post office whether the 6 houses up the road are in a cluster or built over a mile stretch of road......unless you think that the extra diesel used by the postman is bankrupting them

Edit: below is a quote from post someone did under your account. My emphasis.
    I think a lot of problems go back to the planning of one off housing instead of living in villages or near villages in small clusters. The reliance on the car is what has killed pubs and post offices. If people lived and shopped in the villages then they wouldn't be dying.

I used the example of 6 houses because in RC sites as you currently see them, there tends to be 4-6 houses

Jaysus. The bang of bitterness off ya is something terrible.

Your "evidence" for subsidisation amounts to moaning that it would cost more to provide a service (fibre optic broadband) which isn't being provided....It is currently costing zero to provide nothing....but if it was to be provided it would cost something....therefore they are being subsidized......kind of how the denizens of Darndale are getting subsidized for the local aquatic centre.... I mean the locals would like one, and it would cost a lost for them to have it...we're not giving it to them but hey, it's still a subsidy...lol...am I doing it right?

Just be happy with your own life dude. Council houses in a council estate aren't for everyone, but they "suit" some types of people.

Emm, I don't nor have I ever lived in a council estate. Not that I'd be made ashamed of it by a caliber of person like yourself if I did. The good people of Darndale are probably sounder than you anyway.

It is being provided, at a cost of 3bn to the taxpayer. And people complain about dole-heads? And it shouldn't despite the political pressure to do so. If you want to live on the side of hill away from your community, you should bear the financial cost of doing so. Consumers and taxpayers shouldn't have to pick up the tab.

Everything from the price of a postage stamp, subsidised school bus routes, to the price of electricity is more expensive in this country because of one-off housing.

The rural lobby are some of the biggest moaners in the state, despite the fact they're provided for hand over fist and create their own problems for themselves by demanding to live where they want and asking everyone else to pay for and subsidise their infrastructure and services.

Emm, I don't nor have I ever lived in a council estate. Not that I'd be made ashamed of it by a caliber of person like yourself if I did. The good people of Darndale are probably sounder than you anyway.

That guy has a real problem with council estates for some reason. I live in one and I'm happy there :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I live in the one off house in the countryside and the local village about 3 miles away is absolutely thriving. There were 2 houses within 300m of me when I built but now there are 10. We have a nice little cluster.

A ribbon of ten one off car dependant houses isn't a community. It won't sustain a post office, a cafe, a pub, a pharmacy. It's more expensive for both the private sector, and more importantly the state to service your needs. For utilities such as electricity, the costs of the increased infrastructural burden is passed on to other consumers. There is no communal areas in your ribbon for shared interaction with your 'community' , your kids have nowhere to play and can't walk to school. As they grow into teenagers you'll have to ferry them miles up and down the country to meet friends and access educational / sporting / cultural opportunities. Unless you work the land, you probably live a good clip away from your employment.

Your village 'thrives' (truly successful small settlements in Ireland are as such because of critical mass) not because of one off housing, but in spite of it. The ribbon serves to undermine the village, not to contribute towards it.

A ribbon of ten one off car dependant houses isn't a community. It won't sustain a post office, a cafe, a pub, a pharmacy. It's more expensive for both the private sector, and more importantly the state to service your needs. For utilities such as electricity, the costs of the increased infrastructural burden is passed on to other consumers. There is no communal areas in your ribbon for shared interaction with your 'community' , your kids have nowhere to play and can't walk to school. As they grow into teenagers you'll have to ferry them miles up and down the country to meet friends and access educational / sporting / cultural opportunities. Unless you work the land, you probably live a good clip away from your employment.

Your village 'thrives' (truly successful small settlements in Ireland are as such because of critical mass) not because of one off housing, but in spite of it. The ribbon serves to undermine the village, not to contribute towards it.

My kids cycle to school and the local GAA pitch for hurling and football. They cycle everywhere as do their friends.

I am working from home 2 days a week since I got fibre BB but work is 20 mins away by car. We spend a lot of money in the local village. I do grow spuds, carrots, onions and lots of apple trees. I get free range eggs from the neighbour.

My kids cycle to school and the local GAA pitch for hurling and football. They cycle everywhere as do their friends.

I am working from home 2 days a week since I got fibre BB but work is 20 mins away by car. We spend a lot of money in the local village. I do grow spuds, carrots, onions and lots of apple trees. I get free range eggs from the neighbour.

That sounds good, but I would have thought it rather unusual for kids to cycle to school in that situation? The road mustn't be too bad for it.

• Advertisement

I don't think you know what "strawman" means.

Are you, or are you not arguing for rural clusters (in preference to one-off housing) as a solution to the problem of lack of facilities in local towns?

Because I am strongly of the opinion that it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the survival of the local post office whether the 6 houses up the road are in a cluster or built over a mile stretch of road......unless you think that the extra diesel used by the postman is bankrupting them

Edit: below is a quote from post someone did under your account. My emphasis.

I used the example of 6 houses because in RC sites as you currently see them, there tends to be 4-6 houses

I never said 4-6 houses, I said village or near villages so walking or cycling is an option. There's your strawman. You are arguing about something I never said. My point is that over reliance on the car and living miles from the nearest shop or school or anything else is the issue.

Its not complicated, pubs and shops including post offices are in the villages or small towns, they survive as people go to them and not drive all the time to the nearest large town

In a situation where people move out of towns and villages into one off housing , the villages become depopulated due to people living out miles away the businesses that are there cannot survive. Services like schools and broadband are harder to provide.

It is easier to provide services to people in towns and villages and those who live near them so the people who live there will have better services such as buses, schools, roads and broadband.

This has been a planning issue for the past 40 years and it is progressively getting worse. Of course it is harder and more expensive to provide services and have economic growth when people are widely dispersed.

https://irishplanningfutures.wordpress.com/ruralhousing/

The section on social cohesion directly supports my point.

From the above, the mayor of cork -

As more houses are built along unsuitable minor roads, a greater obligation is placed on local authority to maintain them. The former Lord Mayor of Cork summed up the situation when interviewed on RTE radio following a period of particularly severe weather in early January 2010:
    “these roads years ago were for donkey and cart or maybe for the one car coming up with a family…but what’s after happening over the years is that you have the oil trucks, you have delivery trucks, all coming up here to service these [houses]…now you have a car coming along they have to pull in left and right, they are not wide enough for them and so the surface and the edges of the roads are really been torn asunder and this is what’s happening to us ……how are we going to afford it?”

You have your kids cycle 3 miles to the village in the winter in the p*ssing rain?

I'm sure they love it.

None of above negates the negative impact of one-off housing.

You have your kids cycle 3 miles to the village in the winter in the p*ssing rain?

I'm sure they love it.

People in the country tend to be self sufficient. They just get on with it instead of sitting on their hole and waiting for "de gubbermint" to give them a handout.

You comments about children not having anything to do is also telling. Because it shows us your mentality that you expect things to be provided to you. You probably blame the local council for the anti-social behaviour of your own kids/siblings/cousins because they didn't build your "community" a skate park to go along with the football pitches, swimming pools, community centres already that you get for free. :pac:

I never said 4-6 houses, I said village or near villages so walking or cycling is an option. There's your strawman. You are arguing about something I never said. My point is that over reliance on the car and living miles from the nearest shop or school or anything else is the issue.

Its not complicated, pubs and shops including post offices are in the villages or small towns, they survive as people go to them and not drive all the time to the nearest large town

In a situation where people move out of towns and villages into one off housing , the villages become depopulated due to people living out miles away the businesses that are there cannot survive. Services like schools and broadband are harder to provide.

It is easier to provide services to people in towns and villages and those who live near them so the people who live there will have better services such as buses, schools, roads and broadband.

This has been a planning issue for the past 40 years and it is progressively getting worse. Of course it is harder and more expensive to provide services and have economic growth when people are widely dispersed.

https://irishplanningfutures.wordpress.com/ruralhousing/

The section on social cohesion directly supports my point.

From the above, the mayor of cork -

As more houses are built along unsuitable minor roads, a greater obligation is placed on local authority to maintain them. The former Lord Mayor of Cork summed up the situation when interviewed on RTE radio following a period of particularly severe weather in early January 2010:
    “these roads years ago were for donkey and cart or maybe for the one car coming up with a family…but what’s after happening over the years is that you have the oil trucks, you have delivery trucks, all coming up here to service these [houses]…now you have a car coming along they have to pull in left and right, they are not wide enough for them and so the surface and the edges of the roads are really been torn asunder and this is what’s happening to us ……how are we going to afford it?”

Difficult to tell whether you understand what you are saying or whether you are are trying to obfuscate things to distract from the fact that you were caught trying to say you didn't say something that you wrote only a few posts back.

Is it more difficult and less economical to provide some services to people who live more spread out? Of course. That is why they don't get provided those services. The one-off house will have to provide it's own septic tank as it will not be connected to a sewerage system. It might have to sink it's own well.

So you are reading that fact and then somehow extrapolating it to say that if you moved those people to a village or "a small cluster" (You said it dude, it is there and in black and white) that the local Post Office wouldn't have to close....because everyone knows that if you live in a one-off house a couple of miles outside town you don't buy stamps but if you moved into the village you would.

What might be happening is that you are conditioned to seeing all the activity down your local Post Office of people collecting their Social Welfare and then going down the road and leaving it behind the bar or at the bookies and are thinking "wow - that's great. If only we forced more people to live in those kinds of estates, the local pubs and bookies would be flying" ;)

People in the country tend to be self sufficient. They just get on with it instead of sitting on their hole and waiting for "de gubbermint" to give them a handout.

You comments about children not having anything to do is also telling. Because it shows us your mentality that you expect things to be provided to you. You probably blame the local council for the anti-social behaviour of your own kids/siblings/cousins because they didn't build your "community" a skate park to go along with the football pitches, swimming pools, community centres already that you get for free. :pac:

Yeah people in the country pave their own roads, provide their own post offices, set up their own broadband infrastructure, provide their own public transport infrastructure, provide for their own GPs and ambulance service. *Thumbs up champ*

I grew up rural btw. And I'll give you a little steer on my circumstances, I don't live in what would be a place generally afflicted by such anti-social behaviour, but you have really ugly classism oozing out of your pores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Importing beef from Brazil is outrageous. Any politician who supports that and pays lip-service to concerns about climate change is a con-man.

That sounds good, but I would have thought it rather unusual for kids to cycle to school in that situation? The road mustn't be too bad for it.

Yeah it's a quiet country road and the small primary school is only 1.2 miles away. Motorists know to take it slow between 8:30am and 9am.

I'm sure they love it.

They are tough out. They spent the whole summer cycling around and August was especially wet. Did you never get wet as a child?

If it's lashing rain and wndy we will bring them up the road or they get lifts from the neighbours/friends. School is only 1.2 miles away. They have good wetgear (bike to work scheme paid for it) and they have the option of bringing a change of clothes.

They are tough out. They spent the whole summer cycling around and August was especially wet. Did you never get wet as a child?

If it's lashing rain and wndy we will bring them up the road or they get lifts from the neighbours/friends. School is only 1.2 miles away. They have good wetgear (bike to work scheme paid for it) and they have the option of bringing a change of clothes.

Unfortunately I think that you're trying to explain it to people who think 1.2 miles would necessitate decamping to the local garda station for an instagram opportunity in order to get their entitlement of a #4evahome beside the school

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I think that you're trying to explain it to people who think 1.2 miles would necessitate decamping to the local garda station for an instagram opportunity in order to get their entitlement of a #4evahome beside the school

So everyone who doesn't live in a one off house in the country is Margaret Cash?

Advertisement