Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power to Electric Shower Wiring

Options
  • 16-09-2019 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭

Have been looking at changing my old Triton AS2000XT power shower to something along the lines of a T90 electric shower.

When pricing them up I have been told I need a wire installed direct to the fuse board which is fine, however, what I'm not sure (because I simply forgot to ask) is if this is in relation to a new install where no power/electric shower is currently set up, can the electrics for the power shower suffice for the electric shower or am I correct in thinking the electric shower requires a greater gauge wiring than the power shower?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,908 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Your AS2000xt runs off a 3amp spur. Obviously I can't see the cable size from here but unless there was an electric shower installed before then the cable size is likely to be 1.25 to 2.5mm. For an electric shower you will need 6mm or 10mm cable.

The information you were given is correct (unless you had an electric shower there before) you w need an electrician to run a new dedicated cable from a 40 amp rcbo at the fuse box to the shower.

Advertisement