Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE considering future of Lyric FM

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭RoTelly

This is fine to bring in a "name" for a few weeks and on a more populist programme than the rest of the schedule, but @sekefhiijj is correct, RTÉ are cash strapped according to themselves is there any reason that they need a name on lyric? As @ford fiesta points out Lyric is largely forgotten about when it comes to promoting the service.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭mosstin

You consider yourself a 'discerning listener' then?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Oh yes, extremely discerning. 😉

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Washed up? I’d imagine 95 percent of the Irish acting profession wish they were as ‘washed up’ as Simon Delaney!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

You know, when I talk about catering for the discerning listener it's really presenters I have in mind rather than any particular listener, least of all myself - presenters like the aforementioned and much missed Carl Corcoran for example, who care deeply about their listenership, and who themselves show great discernment in their music choices and how they present them, with no hint of musical snobbery or elitism.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I see Neil Doherty is covering for Lorcan Murray for 2 weeks, which is a new one for Lyric as there are plenty of stand ins - so expect Abba/Mamma Mia soundtrack, Dolly Parton and The Shires😒

I see veteran Lyric presenter evelyn grant on weekend drive has been replaced by a younger claudia boyle, known as being a soprano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,206 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Permanently or just subbing in?

She was standing in on the Full Score earlier in the summer.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Evelyn's final show was yesterday and said she'll still pop up on Lyric occasionally.

claudia boyle starting in a few weeks.

Looks like Lyric going down the same route as 2FM taking on those already known but not in a radio capacity for example Simon delaney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,206 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Claudia Boyle at least has a musical association with Lyric in the sense that she's appeared in a few Lyric FM concerts etc over the years.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭GSF

shocking stuff- lyric employing someone who knows about classical music

Advertisement