Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Letters of Administration for UK resident

• 12-09-2019 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So, my father recently died without a will. He had lived in Ireland for some years previously, but at the time of his death was a UK resident (for over 10 years). We have been issued Letters of Administration from the UK. We wish to settle his Irish assets (approx €70,000 in AIB bank) but are struggling to get answers to the following questions:
    1. Do we need to apply for an Irish Grant of Probate, or is a UK Grant acceptable to use here?
    2. If we must apply for an Irish Grant of Probate do the applicants need to be the same as the ones named on the UK Grant of Probate?
    3. My mother does not want to apply to act as administrator - she has asked me to care for it. Does she need to sign a precedent ‘Renunciation’ or ‘Disclaimer’ form?
    4. Will we be required to attend an interview at a Probate office, as we are living overseas?

With regards inheritance tax, some of the children (who will be beneficiaries) are residents here in Ireland. Do we pay inheritance tax on the entire sum of our inheritance (UK and Irish assets), or just the inheritance from my fathers Irish assets?
    Some of the other children are not residents in Ireland. Do they also pay inheritance tax on their sum, or just the Irish assets, or none?

Thanks for any advice on this!!

Advertisement