Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro game music covers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

New cover is out. This week I'm taking a few cold ones and going back to Turrican2 on the Agmiga 500 with a cover of "Traps" .

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

That Zelda darkworld cover is amazing, had forgotten just how much I love that tune too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Do you guys realize how Ollie's cover's would be perfect for the intro of the Irish Retro Gaming Series / Documentary that was proposed?

I mean you can't get more Irish than banjos, and more relevant than Retro Gaming Covers.

I would nominate this one personally for a series, if he was so kind to let us use it....
    LongZ wrote: »
    Hiya,

Here's my latest video and 12th cover : Zelda, a Link to the past - Darkworld theme :

Hope you like it . I've 12 covers now so I should be able to release a first full album soon ! :)

waveform wrote: »
    I would nominate this one personally for a series, if he was so kind to let us use it....

sure, use whatever you want :)
    I'll gladly help too if i can & if you want to bring me up to speed with it.. it's a long thread and it's hard to know what's been done and where it's at ...and what it's about :)

sure, use whatever you want :)
    I'll gladly help too if i can & if you want to bring me up to speed with it.. it's a long thread and it's hard to know what's been done and where it's at ...and what it's about :)

Its something that has fell by the wayside for now, i think Steve plans to come back to it when he has the time to put into it.

I think we should do something a bit more amateur and fun in the mean time, I might bump that thread soon to reopen the discussion.

• Advertisement

amateur sounds good :)
    My own channel revolves around a borrowed, cheapest-of-cheap, banjo, a €50 mic and I record the video parts with my mobile phone :D
    doesn't get more amateur than that

amateur sounds good :)
    My own channel revolves around a borrowed, cheapest-of-cheap, banjo, a €50 mic and I record the video parts with my mobile phone :D
    doesn't get more amateur than that

I think getting it done is far more important than being idealistic wanting the best cameras, putting long hours into the small details, and never getting anything done! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

wow! wonderful! i would love to hear more :) maybe some cover from fairy tail stuff :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd love to see an album based around a single title, like OoT, with each tune done plus a video, though I know you do it all in your free time.
    I'm sure there are those here who will help in anyway.

• Advertisement

Ollie when you started this thread, did you plan to use it solely for your own covers, or for general covers done by other people also?

We have a chiptune thread that could be broadened a general VGM thread, and VGM covers thread for that kind of thing.

I was practically the only one posting regularly in it, and broadening it would result in more posts i'd imagine.

You'll probably get all polite and say you don't mind people posting other covers in your thread I'm predicting. :P

well I'm a genuinely polite guy :)
    I started the thread just to post one single vid. really but when people said they liked it I asked the mods if you I could post more. But of course it's open to other VGM.
    But if there's already a VGM cover thread, we could close this one and I can post in there .

Speaking of which, here's this week's ^^

well I'm a genuinely polite guy :)

You're too soft!

From this day forth you shall be known as Banjo Gentleman Oliver! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Love the transition from the original music to your cover version, nicely done :)

A cover of Chrono Trigger this week. This one's kinda special ...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

cool :)

hey,

here's the last cover I just finished . Clearly in an Arcade cabinet mood these days. Outrun's another one I plan on doing soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

Your thread is really awesome men.

Hi guys,

Here's the last cover I did. :)

Great job on Kokiri Forest - anything OoT is instawin :D Gerudo Valley next....?

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Great job on Kokiri Forest - anything OoT is instawin :D Gerudo Valley next....?

It's in the list ;) ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That is a fantastic cover :D

I'm going back all Arcade and whatnot this week with this cover.
    This was my 1 credit party trick back in the days when I had hair in all the right places ... oh yeah! :)

what better to start the week than a good fight, FF style ?
    This one took me a while to finish. 14 video tracks for 18 audio layers.
    This is the hardest cover I've worked on to date. Final Fantasy VII - Battle Theme .

Ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Just discovered this thread now, really excellent stuff !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Great stuff man! Keep them coming!

Latest Cover out. Going full Irish session with this one :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's fantastic!
    What next?
    Sonic the Hedgehog on a Concertina and a Bodhran?

Well there's no concertina or bodhran but ... ;)

• Advertisement

^^ Seriously impressed! Fantastic stuff Ollie, keep it coming :cool:

Advertisement