Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Waste Water Run Off

Options
  • 19-09-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've been living at a property for about 5 years (house was built in 2007 but not lived in before we bought). There's a domestic waste water treatment system in place. Everything was fine until about a year ago when I notice the ground at the end of the lawn (bottom of the slope) was soft when mowing the grass.

Thought the treatment tank might be full so got a guy out to empty it. He did empty it but said all was working as it should so it probably wasnt the issue.

Anyway the soft ground got progressively wetter so I got a drainage guy out to investigate and he essentially said the ground couldn't take any more water from the treatment tank run off and so was rising to the top. He said he could re-direct the water to another part of the lawn but this would only be a temporary fix as water will inevitably flow with gravity (ie. to bottom of the slope). The long term solution would be to re-direct the water to a drain in a nearby field (with the field owners permission).

How clean is the water from these treatment tanks supposed to be? Visually it looks as clear as drinking water but the grass did grow quicker in the area it flowed to so it may not be proper clean. Anyone ever have this issue before? I dont want to approach the field owner unless I'm confident the water is not polluted.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement