Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upcycling

• 05-08-2019 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

I hope this is allowed
    So I came across this the other day and thought to myself it would be a fab upcycling project to do. I am thinking repainting it and putting a mirrored top on it. I would love any info, suggestions or advice on this, as this is going to be my first upcycling project
    Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Couple of ideas:

Turn it upside down and see does it offer potential in that direction

Cut large circular holes through two shelves and see it that adds interest (maybe running a plant up through the holes)

Loose the trim on the top shelf / cut a series of smaller holes in the shelves.

It ain't pretty as it is in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Thanks, I never thought of turning it over to see different aspect! Good suggestion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I got a very similar table. Same as you, it was my first upcycling project. I just sanded it down and painted it in black satin wood (to match the black bannisters in the hall :D) Got it for free so worked out well and handy for keys in the hall.

Attached a pic, I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Best of luck with it.

That's fab. Gas its the same and all. Looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

michdee wrote: »
    That's fab. Gas its the same and all. Looks great.

Thanks. Good luck with yours, would love to see a pic when your finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Would you need to sand every bit of it before painting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Would you need to sand every bit of it before painting?

A good primer would stick to it once it's clean and not too glossy. Quick, light sanding just to smooth any rough bits.

Hoping to start it this week, sick kids so bit of delay lol. Will post pic when done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I hope this is allowed
    So I came across this the other day and thought to myself it would be a fab upcycling project to do. I am thinking repainting it and putting a mirrored top on it. I would love any info, suggestions or advice on this, as this is going to be my first upcycling project
    Thanks so much

What is the stuff in the background, looks good :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

What is the stuff in the background, looks good :)

O they are wooden planters and window boxes along with arches for garden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

O they are wooden planters and window boxes along with arches for garden

Thanks, could you show a bit more of them, they look good :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

That was just outside local shop where I got the piece of furniture, they make them, I'll see if I can get you a picture

Sorry been a while. Here's a pic of what was outside that shop

Advertisement