Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedging cost query

Options
  • 18-09-2019 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about getting hedging for my back garden for privacy as the current fencing is low. I would like to get hedging that would grow to at least 6ft. Between the sides and back it would be 55 metres that would need to be covered. I know it would depend on the hedging and company but could anyone tell me what sort of ballpark figures I would be looking at to get a landscaping company to cover that length of area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A good place is future forests in cork, very friendly for advice too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you're lookin at maybe 150 plants; bare root, that would probably be between €150 and €300 for supply. it'd be a day or two to plant them - is doing it yourself an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What type of hedging? You standard laurel whip about two feet high is 3 euro a pop from a nursery. Plant one every two feet in a zig zag pattern of two rows 18 inches apart. The biggest work is preparing the ground for planting, that's a lot of holes - some of the area may be stoney. a couple of days work which should be done before winter.

Advertisement