Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove or not.

Options
  • 16-09-2019 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi folks..
    I've got an open fireplace but would like to put a stove in there..
    The fireplace I have now is a timber frame/ mantle on a granite hearth. The insert is black cast iron with tiles down along both sides .It also has a canopy...
    The question is can I use all the above and put an insert stove in there. I know the whole lot has to come out first for stove to be fitted..
    This work would all be done by professionals..
    Thanks for any info..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

How about asking the professionals? <Badoom, Tish!> :D

Seriously though; I'm just trying to visualise all this. A photo of the present set up might help? And, exactly what sort of stove are ye thinking of?

I don't honestly expect I have any practical input to offer ye here. I'm just, genuinely, curious about the set up. And I like seeing photo's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

me4many wrote: »
    Hi folks..
    I've got an open fireplace but would like to put a stove in there..
    The fireplace I have now is a timber frame/ mantle on a granite hearth. The insert is black cast iron with tiles down along both sides .It also has a canopy...
    The question is can I use all the above and put an insert stove in there. I know the whole lot has to come out first for stove to be fitted..
    This work would all be done by professionals..
    Thanks for any info..

The hearth and fireplace you could use , the insert with a canopy doubtful , saying that a new insert to accommodate the insert stove would not be very expensive . If you were luck the canopy on yiurvinsert may be removable by someone tasty with a grinder. Ask an installer, costs nothing to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭me4many

Stigura wrote: »
    How about asking the professionals?
    Thanks for reply..
    Just thought I'd ask here in advance of asking the professionals..Someone might have had the same situation and already had the answer.
    I hope to get a multi fuel stove..
    I can't upload photo..
    Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

I've got a multi. Had an open fire place. Got that blocked up and the stove now feeds into the chimney. Mine's a 'free standing' sort. On legs.

Yeppers. That's about as relevant, to your post, as a horse is to a light bulb. Sorry :o

Still really curious as to ye own idea though. I'm down with the broader concept ~ gated stoves fitted to open fire holes. I'm just unable to picture how it would be done with what ye describing. It interests me, just as a distraction. Can't help imagining a pretty small stove?

I'm sure someone will be along, presently, understanding and answering ye situation. I'll sit and watch, and learn ;)

Advertisement