Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nest Home Max

Options
  • 14-09-2019 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one?
    Just been setting mine up but am having difficulty with some aspects such as multiple users for Duo on the one account.
    Great picture and sound but I'm contemplating sending it back due to lack of connectivity with Ring and the Duo issue...
    Any other comments welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

bidiots wrote: »
    Anyone got one?
    Just been setting mine up but am having difficulty with some aspects such as multiple users for Duo on the one account.
    Great picture and sound but I'm contemplating sending it back due to lack of connectivity with Ring and the Duo issue...
    Any other comments welcome

How did you get on with yours? How are you finding it?

Thinking of getting one. Where did you pick yours up from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Looks great, sound great, camera very good. But I wanted it mainly for Duo calls so the little ones could call us if needed. Complicated setup for that, would need gmail accounts and voice recognition for all users...tooooo awkward.
    Sent it back to google, still waiting on refund though!
    I know johnlewis selling it too

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

bidiots wrote: »
    Looks great, sound great, camera very good. But I wanted it mainly for Duo calls so the little ones could call us if needed. Complicated setup for that, would need gmail accounts and voice recognition for all users...tooooo awkward.
    Sent it back to google, still waiting on refund though!
    I know johnlewis selling it too

Thanks for the details. I ended up ordering it today with the discount but haven't got a confirmation yet. Really hope it comes through!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

OREGATO wrote: »
    Thanks for the details. I ended up ordering it today with the discount but haven't got a confirmation yet. Really hope it comes through!

Wondering did you get this? If so.....How do you find it? Where did you order from?

OREGATO wrote: »

Wondering did you get this? If so.....How do you find it? Where did you order from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Does this or the standard (non-max) Hub have audio out? Like a headphone jack socket, basically?

Wondering if I can wire to a Sonos Play 5

Does this or the standard (non-max) Hub have audio out? Like a headphone jack socket, basically?

Wondering if I can wire to a Sonos Play 5

I don't believe either of them have an audio out. The only google speaker with an audio out is the google home max (large speaker, no screen) as far as I am aware.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

sean72 wrote: »

If you can get to a UK retailer or airport, they have them for £219

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3061149

Google UK sell them too for £219 but they sometimes cancel orders with Irish addresses or credit cards.

A pricey option...

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/google-nest-hub-max-chalk/1600399690.prd?_requestid=727549&Ntt=google

First use of Google duo calls for folks on the other side of the world for Christmas - worked a treat, its pretty cool how the camera moves around if you do (as the kids do).

So my max suddenly stopped being able to video call my folks abroad, set up my wife and it won"t call her using duo either.

Both can be contacted when using duo on my phone.

In both cases its saying they can't be found and to invite them in the dup app.

Tried a factory reset, nest support on twitter are still looking at. Anyone else had this problem?

• Advertisement

Can anyone hear with a max hub still make calls using duo?

Google support saying it's because the hub max is not fully supported in Ireland (despite it working in the past).

And suddenly it's working again....

Group calls now possible using Duo on a hub max as well as Lenovo smart screens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They're adding a lot to the Gmail suite at the moment, I've a feeling they think they lost out a lot on the Zoom revolution so they're playing catch up.

Clareman wrote: »
    They're adding a lot to the Gmail suite at the moment, I've a feeling they think they lost out a lot on the Zoom revolution so they're playing catch up.

yeah, I did think it was a bit odd they did not support group calls when I tried one a few months back.

Advertisement