Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Could be a busy one...

But, the curse of Enternow... it still haunts these corridors...
    You can feel the absence of those long promised but never arrived...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,258 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Unfortunately on the 23rd I'll be heading down The Shannon on a cruiser. :(

I'll raise a toast to you all with some fine merlot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Inviere

o1s1n wrote: »

24th August, 2019 - RTE News: A river cruiser is believed to have caused a large incident on the River Shannon. Locals have reported seeing strange lights, and weird noises on the banks of one of Ireland's biggest tourist attractions. A river boat was seen ramming through a set of lock gates, before taking flight and heading off towards the Atlantic Ocean. Reports that several old televisions were seen hanging off of the cruiser, perhaps in a bid to weigh it down. Reporters remain at the scene

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »

More dusting needed...
    Sorry, too lazy to properly upload them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Inviere

^^ How has that Trini not sunk sunk down through the whole house and down into the foundation?

Inviere wrote: »
    ^^ How has that Trini not sunk sunk down through the whole house and down in the foundation?

That's a good question...
    No idea...
    I think the little pvm under it is doing the heavy lifting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Inviere wrote: »
    24th August, 2019 - RTE News: A river cruiser is believed to have caused a large incident on the River Shannon. Locals have reported seeing strange lights, and weird noises on the banks of one of Ireland's biggest tourist attractions. A river boat was seen ramming through a set of lock gates, before taking flight and heading off towards the Atlantic Ocean. Reports that several old televisions were seen hanging off of the cruiser, perhaps in a bid to weigh it down. Reporters remain at the scene

Did they leave out the alien with a pink gun deliberately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Myself and little miss sparks can make it tonight. Has anyone got room for 2? Can meet up in swords or anywhere northside

Exactly One week ago https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jaumjO9OiX4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,288 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Busy this weekend unfortunately, hard to believe how quickly time has past since the last meet. Hope everyone has a good time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Any particular gaming plans tonight?
    Should I bring the Switch for multiplayer Mario Kart / other game schenanigans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Myself and little miss sparks can make it tonight. Has anyone got room for 2? Can meet up in swords or anywhere northside.

I'll be driving out later for a few hours. I'll be heading home at midnight though because I've an early start tomorrow.

I'll be driving out later for a few hours. I'll be heading home at midnight though because I've an early start tomorrow.

Perfect :)

I’ll send you a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Perfect :)

I’ll send you a pm
    I'm heading with Dino, Atavan might drop ye home if you wanted to stay a bit longer, ask him, might be an idea.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Any particular gaming plans tonight?
    Should I bring the Switch for multiplayer Mario Kart / other game schenanigans?
    I've no idea but no harm to bring it, it's not heavy either.
    I brought nothing just myself :pac:

• Advertisement

I've no idea but no harm to bring it, it's not heavy either.
    I brought nothing just myself :pac:

And sure isn't that enough?

There's loads here.
    I have a Retron N setup with the FourPlayer adapter, so when we open MicroMages we can jump right in!
    Bring anything or nothing, there's plenty here regardless!

8ish, yeah?

Star Lord wrote: »
    8ish, yeah?

Yes!
    Well, it's after that now!

Hence the 'ish' :D

Thanks for having us! Fun evening and great company!

• Advertisement

Have to say a massive thanks to everyone that came along last night to make it an absolute cracker of an evening.
    The only breaks with tradition were there was not sh1t games played and I failed to forget an important hot dog component, though that was more likely due to forgetting to prepare the hot dogs in the first place...
    Nevertheless,
    Thanks to everyone for making the trip and having the laughs!

Because we were talking about how long we were doing this for, here's an old video, by Doom, of one of the earliest ones, in Dinorex's place

Oh, and the first one of these in my place was way back in October 2010!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Thanks for another great night Ciderman, it was good to catch up with everyone again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thanks again for hosting and for the mystery Chinese paint stripper!

I knew you would end up going home with the stripper....

Nearly home, thanks for everything! Looking forward to the next one, badly needed.
    The mages game was brilliant, tough but good fun.

This is the 2D version of Sonic / Mario Olympics, there's 10 different events
    https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1163805383321890817?s=19

Just incase...

Apologies about the Switch sync problems, I updated the controllers to see if it helped, and it seemed to.
    That said, I have to wonder if there is an issue of interference from some other source.
    More investigation needed, ahead of the next Beers!

Isn't it also tradition for someone to blame their controller? :D

That Micro Mages was brilliant. Still can't fathom it being 40K!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Apologies about the Switch sync problems, I updated the controllers to see if it helped, and it seemed to.
    That said, I have to wonder if there is an issue of interference from some other source.
    More investigation needed, ahead of the next Beers!

I think PS4 is known for it but not 100%

• Advertisement

Hello folks,
    Christmas is fast approaching, and I'm thinking ahead to the annual Beers to celebrate gaming, good and lousy food we only eat once a year, the chance to get socks and underwear, sacrifice children/animals to ensure the coming of Spring, you know, the traditional stuff.
    So, with that in mind, how does the 7th of December sound?
    That Saturday night.

Please, chime in here if you are interested or can think of a better date/location.

It would be, as always, great to see all of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Where is this mystical place? Sounds like a bit of a laugh :)

I know I said already but just so you have it on place, I'm up in Dublin, have another meet for the 8th

beejee wrote: »
    Where is this mystical place? Sounds like a bit of a laugh :)

North Co Dublin, about three miles from the Airport, towards Ashbourne

I think I'll be out of the country around then, but I'll see how the dates fall together :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Sounds fantastic, I'll be in Lapland though, and it's a work party too. Bummer as enjoy these events. Have a great time all.

That Saturday would be perfect for both of us.

Can’t do the Friday at all though.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hello folks,
    Christmas is fast approaching, and I'm thinking ahead to the annual Beers to celebrate gaming, good and lousy food we only eat once a year, the chance to get socks and underwear, sacrifice children/animals to ensure the coming of Spring, you know, the traditional stuff.
    So, with that in mind, how does the 7th of December sound?
    That Saturday night.

Please, chime in here if you are interested or can think of a better date/location.

It would be, as always, great to see all of you.

I'll bring some goodies, I know we'd too much last time but **** it

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    Sounds fantastic, I'll be in Lapland though, and it's a work party too. Bummer as enjoy these events. Have a great time all.

Thinly veiled "I work for santa" brag post

Master of the Universe

I haven't been to one of these in years :eek:

Will try to make an appearance, don't think I've anything on for the 7th.

The rule of Enternow remains on the books here at Arcade&Retro Towers, so it can be deployed if anyone gets a better offer.
    Except for me, as host I kinda have to be there, awkward otherwise...
    Look, if I'm not there just let yourselves in, eat, drink and be merry, play some games and clean up before locking up on the way out...

Master of the Universe

Don't be telling me that, I'll be a permanent fixture in front of your Atomiswave :D

The 7th works for me I think

The 7th works for me I think

• Advertisement

As we seem to be doing this via songs:

Also, for the secret santa will we do the same as last year? Bring a gift take a gift?

• Advertisement
Advertisement