Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swivel hinge

Options
  • 24-07-2019 4:19pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to improve my working space

Currently it's a back yard , very small with a black and decker workmate, so not great.

Anyway I want to build a new shed it will only be 3000 x 1000mm at best

So I'd like a bench that flipped down from the wall. It will be external.

I'd either have it hinged on the wall but I'd like to have it pivot on one side if that makes sense.

So I'd flip it up, then with the top flat to the wall it would pivot like the arm on clock face back behind a structure

I've a plan for the legs as the bench will bridge too structures so that's not an issue

I've no idea where to get this hinge, it's like something you'd see onna table in a caravan that appears out of a wardrobe.

I hope you guys can visualise it.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i think i follow you but not sure
    are you saying that there is a unit on one side and you want to put the shelf inside or behnd it. then catch the top thats in the 12 o clock position and rotate it so its in the 3 o clock position. then pull the shelf down horisontal towards you.

if thats correct then i would get a 4x2 or similar and loosly bolt one end to the wall and make a bracket to support the other end and take the weight ( might need on on both ends depending on size)
    then make the shelf and attach it with normal t door hindges.

Advertisement