Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invalidity pension

• 19-09-2019 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

I applied last November, got turned down, and lodged an appeal and a review in March. I have the correct total amount of contributions but I think I actually didn’t have the required amount for the year previous to applying in November. I definitely have them since January this year but am expecting to have to start a new application eventually. I got a letter this morning asking for bank statements for the other members of the household to conduct a means test for fuel allowance. Does this mean I should have a definite answer soon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Hard to know Whiplashy.

"48 weeks of paid or credited PRSI contributions in the last or second last completed year before the start date of your permanent incapacity for work."

I'd ring them. These things can be so confusing and stressful. Just ring for an update on your appeal/review - you sound like you've been waiting an awfully long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I’ve tried ringing them and asking them but just got told they couldn’t tell me anything. It’s so frustrating because I have been waiting ages and I’m almost certain I’ll have to reapply. At least I have all my medical evidence in place for the next time I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’ve tried ringing them and asking them but just got told they couldn’t tell me anything. It’s so frustrating because I have been waiting ages and I’m almost certain I’ll have to reapply. At least I have all my medical evidence in place for the next time I suppose.

How did you fair since with them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

How did you fair since with them ?

He/she got it successfully. If you search his or her more recent posts you will see a new thread.

Advertisement