Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toptro 720p Projector - £60.49 delivered

Options
  • 16-04-2021 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Y31HDJG?psc=1

£49.99 list price, £60.49 with import fees. You could possibly get it cheaper using AddressPal but may be liable to import fees and duty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

very tempted to get this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Just when I think its safe to put away the credit card......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Chinese seller. 5 star reviews saying it didn't work. I'd avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

RossieMan wrote: »
    Chinese seller. 5 star reviews saying it didn't work. I'd avoid.

I bought similar 720p projector, it's actually not that bad! Fan was very loud though, would imagine most of these are similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭breeno

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I bought similar 720p projector, it's actually not that bad! Fan was very loud though, would imagine most of these are similar.

Same experience here. Fan is a bit loud but other than that they work very well. You'd need to be connecting a decent speaker though. I have a Jinhoo from Amazon and my brother has a Vankyo. The fan on the Vankyo is a little less noisy.

We enjoy ours and plan/hope to use it in the garden in the warmer months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Isn't it possible to get 1080p projectors now for about €100? Have been keeping my eyes open for one but there's so many it's hard to know which to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

Most of these are actually pretty good quality for the price. Haven't used the Toptro one, but I've used a few Wimax, Wimius, Vanko, Tronfy and other generic Chinese brand €70-100 projectors, and while they weren't overly great for watching certain types of movies, for sports, cartoons, kids, generally brighter content, they were solid.

I've also used some of the €150-200 full HD ones and the good ones are amazing for the price. Also though inevitably there's tons of utter dud ones that are next to useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Tusky wrote: »
    Isn't it possible to get 1080p projectors now for about €100? Have been keeping my eyes open for one but there's so many it's hard to know which to go for.

There is a lightning deal every once in a while on a 1080p native one that brings the cost down to ~£100. I have price alerts set on a few of them, and keep an eye on the marketplace when they do a discount. I haven't seen any for €100 apart from one used one on Amazon.es that I couldn't ship here.

I bought an open-box Apeman 720p projector in Feb for €41 from Amazon.de (plus delivery via mailboxde.com) and I can't fault it for that cost. This one has better contrast and a 3 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

why is uk vat not removed from at checkout, do we not just pay irish vat(import duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Mine came today, very cool. Going to try it out properly later tonight. Only bad thing so far is, the usb slot doesn't read 3.0 sticks I think. So no movies off of them.

• Advertisement

Ready to pull the trigger on a projector ~ what’s the best option in 100 quid range?

My advice is keep an eye open for anything with 1080p and 4000:1 (or better) contrast over the next few days as it's Prime Day. Especially check the warehouse if they have the 20/30% discount. There's an occasional lightning deal on a 1080p model ~£100 too. And check reviews.

PS don't be hoodwinked by free screens. The bundled ones are usually crap, semi-transparent bedsheets and a white wall would be preferable.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    My advice is keep an eye open for anything with 1080p and 4000:1 (or better) contrast over the next few days as it's Prime Day. Especially check the warehouse if they have the 20/30% discount. There's an occasional lightning deal on a 1080p model ~£100 too. And check reviews.

PS don't be hoodwinked by free screens. The bundled ones are usually crap, semi-transparent bedsheets and a white wall would be preferable.

They all seem to have 5 star reviews - very hard to tell.

They all seem to have 5 star reviews - very hard to tell.

Yeah read the reviews, not just the ratings.

TBH it's not *too* likely you'll get a 1080p for ~ €100 but it's worth the extra few quid if you see one so long as the contrast is decent, and reviews will make you aware of any problems people have had. Most ppl are just happy with the novelty of a big screen, but you'll get a few reviewers with insight.

Keep an eye out for decent screens in the sale too. Anything that works with rear projection is transparent; avoid those.

Yeah read the reviews, not just the ratings.

TBH it's not *too* likely you'll get a 1080p for ~ €100 but it's worth the extra few quid if you see one so long as the contrast is decent, and reviews will make you aware of any problems people have had. Most ppl are just happy with the novelty of a big screen, but you'll get a few reviewers with insight.

Keep an eye out for decent screens in the sale too. Anything that works with rear projection is transparent; avoid those.

Thanks. The DrQ one on Amazon seems to be 1080 and just under €100?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Thanks. The DrQ one on Amazon seems to be 1080 and just under €100?

Stick up a link, a lot of them are 1080p supported, i.e. they can take that as an input, but they can only display 720p.

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Stick up a link, a lot of them are 1080p supported, i.e. they can take that as an input, but they can only display 720p.

How about this one? Says native 1080p, 6500 Lumen, contrast 9000:1. Works out at €88 delivered from warehouse.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Projector-BOMAKER-Wireless-Supported-Compatible-White/dp/B08DK846FK

[edit] actually seems to be 720 despite the product title

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Entonces

Entonces wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be eligible for the warehouse discount so comes in at €212.

How about this one? Says native 1080p, 6500 Lumen, contrast 9000:1. Works out at €88 delivered from warehouse.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Projector-BOMAKER-Wireless-Supported-Compatible-White/dp/B08DK846FK

[edit] actually seems to be 720 despite the product title

"True Native 1280 x 720p"

It's not Native 1080p despite what the description would have you believe. Some of them are worded by non-native English speakers and are misleading. Check the specs and read the full description.

• Advertisement

What about this one? €110 delivered. Says 1080 native, 6000 lumens, contrast 8000:1, max rez 4k.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08215K2BW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What about this one? €110 delivered. Says 1080 native, 6000 lumens, contrast 8000:1, max rez 4k.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08215K2BW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yep, looks good. £110 stg though, not euro, but the cheapest I've seen a 1080p native projector on Amazon was just over £100, so it's a good deal IMO.

This warehouse one is working out at <£32 delivered for a 720p projector. Specs aren't great but it's very cheap for the money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VicTsing-Projector-Supported-Vertical-Correction/dp/B07K2MY815/ref=sr_1_34?dchild=1&keywords=projector&m=A2OAJ7377F756P&qid=1624291849&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-34

If it's just the big screen experience that you're after and you have a fairly dark room and a white wall, you're laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Entonces

This warehouse one is working out at <£32 delivered for a 720p projector. Specs aren't great but it's very cheap for the money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VicTsing-Projector-Supported-Vertical-Correction/dp/B07K2MY815/ref=sr_1_34?dchild=1&keywords=projector&m=A2OAJ7377F756P&qid=1624291849&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-34

If it's just the big screen experience that you're after and you have a fairly dark room and a white wall, you're laughing.

That one got snapped up fairly quick.
    For outdoor summer evening use would it need to be a 1080p?
    The price/selection on the 720p is so much better

Yep, looks good. £110 stg though, not euro, but the cheapest I've seen a 1080p native projector on Amazon was just over £100, so it's a good deal IMO.

I picked this up for €110 (not sterling) earlier with the warehouse reduction - thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Fan noise is a biggy when you have nowhere but close to you for the projector to go, does anyone know of any decently ones with low noise, good resolution and good brightness please?

Entonces wrote: »
    That one got snapped up fairly quick.
    For outdoor summer evening use would it need to be a 1080p?
    The price/selection on the 720p is so much better

1080p is the resolution; so the level of detail. The bigger the screen the more noticeable the difference will be. Indoor or outdoor will be the same, but if there's ambient light outside, brightness will be a bigger factor, and with that, a higher contrast will give a better picture; too low a contrast and the picture will look washed out.

Very happy with the projector but now need to sort out a screen. Need something that can be packed away when not in use, so either a pull-up one or something that can hang on the wall. About 100 inches should do it. Any suggestions Sappy404?

Yes. I got the 80" one here for just under £40 from the amazon warehouse, in like new condition. I found it thanks to a price alert using Keepa and I've had similar alerts since, so they pop up every few months.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TXQM7WJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's pretty good, although I get the feeling any bigger and the weight of it would be too heavy for the plastic frame. You could look into making your own using blackout cloth from somewhere like Hickeys but it depends how crafty you are; in my experience it's hard to eliminate sag and wrinkles.

• Advertisement

Advertisement