Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

/\/ollog wrote: »
    They were trialing the app a long while ago, I saw stickers about it 2 years or more ago in mine. I think it went nationwide toward the end of 2019.
    I'm probably wrong, but maybe I'm not?
    The same system had already been rolled out in some other countries too a few years before coming here.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

Bargain? Take a closer look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Asked about no scratchcard in last few weeks yesterday and they send I need to spend €30 to get one. I generally get a few things in Lidl but not enough for €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭MunsterM

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Asked about no scratchcard in last few weeks yesterday and they send I need to spend €30 to get one. I generally get a few things in Lidl but not enough for €30

I spent less than €30 today and got a scratch card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I’m surprised at this.
    I never spend that amount at Lidl and I get one however the voucher takes a while to appear in my App now.
    I do know there’s a €30 spend to get a stamp for the ladies GAA or something tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

Yes guy behind till in lidl I went to other day also came out with some mythical nonsense re the app /scratch card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,996 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Choc chip cookies or Dish detergent on scratchcard

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I spent a lot less than that today and got a scratch card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

I picked up a few bottles of water for €3.60 during the week and got a scratchcard for €1 off next shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Nollog

I’m surprised at this.
    I never spend that amount at Lidl and I get one however the voucher takes a while to appear in my App now.
    I do know there’s a €30 spend to get a stamp for the ladies GAA or something tough.
    My guess is the rep confused the two "card" promotions.

I had one receipt and scratch card come in 2 days after I made a purchase over the weekend, which was a nice surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,554 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have genuinely never spent €30 in Lidl and have gotten a few scratch cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I spent over €30 yesterday and no scratch card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I never spend near 30 either, usually 0-15. Get scratchers every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As already said, that's total rubbish.
    Any amount spent, will get you a scratch card and 10 hours after that you are eligible for another one.
    I spent over €30 yesterday and no scratch card

Very strange as I've spent well below that and got loads of scratch cards. :confused:
    Only thing might be, the app didn't register correctly when you scanned it, check your digital receipt and see.

Next week's app offers look meh-meh
    someone else can upload image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anybody ever get a reply from Lidl after contacting them via their help section on the app??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Did your offers not work today?
    I got free jellybabies and gnocchi, didn't buy anything. My wife then tried the same but hers didn't work, even after the cashier tried a couple of times and restarted the transaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Seemingly some of the stores are having problems with their internet according to a manager in one of their stores today.
    Might explain the no cards if their machines aren't reading the app, also means transaction won't show on the digital receipt.
    I had to swipe the app 4 times in the same transaction before it registered today.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anybody ever get a reply from Lidl after contacting them via their help section on the app??
    I've used the app contact twice, I only got a response the last time, about a week later.
    You're better off going on Facebook messenger or WhatsApp

22/04
    New-Doc-2021-04-18-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

zell12 wrote: »
    22/04
    New-Doc-2021-04-18-1.jpg

yummmm...butter

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Can you claim the scratchcard rewards without a purchase? I havr gnocchi jelly babies and water to eventually pick up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Can you claim the scratchcard rewards without a purchase? I havr gnocchi jelly babies and water to eventually pick up

Yes if they're still active in your app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

OmegaGene wrote: »
    if you scan the app as the shop assistant starts scanning your shopping there should be nobody within 2 metres of you and if there is then ask then to step back

I like to see the app has reduced the total price as I have heard stories here of it not working.

I politely asked two young black women behind me to step back 2m from the scan device the other day and they created a scene, said I was being " melodramatic" and they "were wearing masks"when the infectious disease experts clearly state 2m+ mask for indoor settings.
    The staff member did nothing.

I didn't tell them that a very close relative died from Covid as did a friend. People don't seem to care about others only themselves.

Covid is being contracted on supermarkets. I just am so disappointed in some people.

I find the security Lidl employ very ignorant.

Even with this great Lidl app I find Lidl isn't the cheapest, apart from the fruit & veg offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I like to see the app has reduced the total price as I have heard stories here of it not working.

I politely asked two young black women behind me to step back 2m from the scan device the other day and they created a scene, said I was being " melodramatic" and they "were wearing masks"when the infectious disease experts clearly state 2m+ mask for indoor settings.

I didn't tell them that a very close relative died from Covid as did a friend. People don't seem to care about others only themselves.

Covid is being contracted on supermarkets. I just am so disappointed in some people.

Even with this great Lidl app I find Lidl isn't the cheapest, apart from the fruit & veg offer.

As pointed out already if you scan the app as you walk through then you won't have issues where people have moved forward and you'll also speed things up for everyone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

All my treats/coupons have disappeared, anyone else having an issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Lidl have announced that you will be able to get a free pack of sanitary towels or tampons on their app soon

"We're proud to announce that we are the first major retailer in the world to offer free period products in stores nationwide to combat period poverty in partnership with Homeless Period Ireland.

A Plan International study on young females in Ireland found that almost 50 per cent of girls aged between 12 and 19 found it difficult to pay for sanitary products.

Our new initiative means those in need will be able to claim a dedicated coupon for a free box of sanitary pads or tampons per customer each month through the Lidl Plus app.

We are also committing to quarterly donations of these products to The Simon Communities to ensure people experiencing homelessness - who may not have access to a smartphone - can access essential products.

Find out more: lidl.ie/Period-Poverty"

All my coupons are still in the app.
    I visited Lidl on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and spent about €10 each time and got a coupon each time.
    My latest is for dog snacks or Gnocchi.

Our new initiative means those in need will be able to claim a dedicated coupon for a free box of sanitary pads or tampons per customer each month through the Lidl Plus app. Find out more: lidl.ie/Period-Poverty"
    First it was free choccies for Wimmens Day
    Now it is free sanitary pads

This is sexism, Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

zell12 wrote: »
    First it was free choccies for Wimmens Day
    Now it is free sanitary pads

This is sexism, Lidl

Is it though? What exactly do you want with the sanitary pads ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

pc7 wrote: »
    All my treats/coupons have disappeared, anyone else having an issue?

Update the app and it should be fine. I had the same problem this morning.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Toulouse wrote: »
    Update the app and it should be fine. I had the same problem this morning.

Thanks that worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

App available in NI now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 HelenHelen

How do you update the app, I'm still collecting coupons, have wash up liquid, 50c and today tortillini but none of my coupons work for deductions. Thanks

HelenHelen wrote: »
    How do you update the app, I'm still collecting coupons, have wash up liquid, 50c and today tortillini but none of my coupons work for deductions. Thanks

Are you activating your coupons before you go to the till?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Good form from Lidl - https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/lidl-announce-plan-provide-free-23938887

Lidl Ireland is set to become the first major retailer in the world to offer free period products in stores nationwide to women and girls across the country affected by period poverty.

The initiative was launched this morning by the supermarket, and it is in partnership with Homeless Period Ireland and The Simon Communities of Ireland.

Period poverty is described as the lack of access to sanitary products, menstrual hygiene education, toilets, hand washing facilities, and, or, waste management.

A study on young females in Ireland found that almost 50 per cent of girls aged between 12 and 19 found it difficult to pay for sanitary products

It has become a massive issue over the last few years, particularly since the onset of the pandemic.

But the new initiative means you will be able to claim a dedicated coupon for a free box of sanitary pads or tampons per customer each month through the company's Lidl Plus app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

okidoki987 wrote: »
    As already said, that's total rubbish.
    Any amount spent, will get you a scratch card and 10 hours after that you are eligible for another one.

Very strange as I've spent well below that and got loads of scratch cards. :confused:
    Only thing might be, the app didn't register correctly when you scanned it, check your digital receipt and see.

For example I check the offers and if nothing I want I don't scan the Lidl plus app, should I scan it every time even when not buying anything that is part of the offers?

As pointed out already if you scan the app as you walk through then you won't have issues where people have moved forward and you'll also speed things up for everyone.

Yes but as elucidated earlier by other posters, sometimes the lidl app doesn't work, so at least you can see balance reducing. Furthermore the app scanner should be away from till operator for infection control. Why not have it beside card reader. This location makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Good form from Lidl - https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/lidl-announce-plan-provide-free-23938887

Lidl Ireland is set to become the first major retailer in the world to offer free period products in stores nationwide to women and girls across the country affected by period poverty.

The initiative was launched this morning by the supermarket, and it is in partnership with Homeless Period Ireland and The Simon Communities of Ireland.

Period poverty is described as the lack of access to sanitary products, menstrual hygiene education, toilets, hand washing facilities, and, or, waste management.

A study on young females in Ireland found that almost 50 per cent of girls aged between 12 and 19 found it difficult to pay for sanitary products

It has become a massive issue over the last few years, particularly since the onset of the pandemic.

But the new initiative means you will be able to claim a dedicated coupon for a free box of sanitary pads or tampons per customer each month through the company's Lidl Plus app.

Is this available to all women or just the 12-19 yos they ask for your age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭SourSessions

GipsyMoth wrote:
    Is this available to all women or just the 12-19 yos they ask for your age

I'm 28 and registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

None of the activated offers applied on my last shop so I'm down quite a few euro. Although it's clearly a bug it's still sneaky enough as many probably wouldn't notice.

They applied 2 euro coupon as an apology anyway..

OmegaGene wrote: »
    lidl app has always worked for me and the location of the scanner is perfectly fine and it the same location in Germany and other locations, you pop your phone in the hole for a second scan the barcode and move along so i do not see a problem myself apart from when people are standing there asking for help because they forgot to activate the offers or cant scan the app but these customers are far and few between thankfully.
    Friend of mine works there and said for 9/10 customers its fine but as usual there is always one who hasnt a clue.

Yes but that was pre-covid times. The Regulations under the Health Act,1947 are 2m distancing. This can't be done when somebody standing right beside scan device. Furthermore, if you read this thread you will see the app did not work for some users so I liked to scan it AFTER all items I purchase scanned and then see the amount due being reduced AFTER scanning the App. What's more the scan device is in dome stores awkwardly located just behind a covid screen. Obviously when the scan device was first introduced there was no covid screen.

A close relative died by covid so, unlike some, I keep to 2m distancing indoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

What in the name of Jesus and all the holy saints did you expect the till operator to do?

And what does the color of the skin of the people behind you have to do with anything?

You can always see the discount you got on your phone receipt or on your actual paper receipt and from reading this thread you will see there's never an issue with any dispute of overcharging/discounts not being applied. Lidl customer care is second to none.

Maybe trying not to be such a drama queen and having some empathy for other people in there would help you enjoy your experience of shopping in Lidl a bit more. Or you could always shop somewhere else too.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Yes but that was pre-covid times. The Regulations under the Health Act,1947 are 2m distancing. This can't be done when somebody standing right beside scan device. Furthermore, if you read this thread you will see the app did not work for some users so I liked to scan it AFTER all items I purchase scanned and then see the amount due being reduced AFTER scanning the App. What's more the scan device is in dome stores awkwardly located just behind a covid screen. Obviously when the scan device was first introduced there was no covid screen.

A close relative died by covid so, unlike some, I keep to 2m distancing indoors.

I scan after the first item, they have a screen in my Lidl with an itemised list pointed to the back, so I check that before paying.

Some people just love to be in your space, regardless of the real dangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 HelenHelen

Are you activating your coupons before you go to the till?

I was picking the wrong wash up liquid, the right price but wrong type it was the standard green one not the fancier lime and lemongrass that I won a few months ago on the app.

Got the tortillini which was a new unchecked coupon, the 50c coupon was used before by me (I checked my receipts) but its still sitting there "activated* teasing me when I log onto the app, it officially expires tomorrow.

Thanks, happy shopping, I want to win the jelly babies next, they're nicer than Barretts.

• Advertisement

What in the name of Jesus and all the holy saints did you expect the till operator to do?

And what does the color of the skin of the people behind you have to do with anything?

You can always see the discount you got on your phone receipt or on your actual paper receipt and from reading this thread you will see there's never an issue with any dispute of overcharging/discounts not being applied. Lidl customer care is second to none.

Maybe trying not to be such a drama queen and having some empathy for other people in there would help you enjoy your experience of shopping in Lidl a bit more. Or you could always shop somewhere else too.

Unlike you, I don't condone lack of 2m social distancing, especially indoor settings. Empathy for other people would be adhering to the rules 2m rule instead of standing right beside another customer when there is plenty of room to keep distanced. The people you stand beside can die as a result of transmission. You actually lack any empathy by condonjng bad behaviour.A very close relative of mine died from Covid and your "drama Queen" comment is quite ignorant. If a person who planned to scan the app before packing forgets then what on earth is wrong with asking the customer behind to momentarily step back 2m to allow them scan. I believe in following the 2m Law. You'd swear it costs them a fortune the way some people behave, very selfish. It costs them NOTHING to keep 2m away, or in this case momentarily keep 2m from scan device. You are being unreasonable if you refuse to do this. It only takes a a few seconds.

My sister tragically passed away from Covid leaving a young family and I work as a medic so I know first hand, like millions of others, the effect of covid so please don't tell me I'm a "drama queen" for social distancing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Unlike you, I don't condone lack of 2m social distancing, especially indoor settings. Empathy for other people would be adhering to the rules 2m rule instead of standing right beside another customer when there is plenty of room to keep distanced. The people you stand beside can die as a result of transmission. You actually lack any empathy by condonjng bad behaviour.A very close relative of mine died from Covid and your "drama Queen" comment is quite ignorant.

If you did as everybody else does and scan your app at the scanner when you get to it there wouldn't be a problem.
    Instead you are encroaching on the next customers 2M space by going back to it after your purchases have been rang in.

If you did as everybody else does and scan your app at the scanner when you get to it there wouldn't be a problem.
    Instead you are encroaching on the next customers 2M space by going back to it after your purchases have been rang in.

I'm not encroaching on anybody space. I've seen lots of people not scan their card until they pay the till operator. I'm not finished my shopping until I pay. (If the app reader was located at where goods packed this problem wouldn't arise). If one were to forget to immediately scan the app, it's perfectly acceptable to politely ask the customer behind you to keep 2m away from you while you scan the card.

In my case the customer refused to do this, therefore they were being unreasonable as there was nobody behind them and they could easily have stepped back. You would swear it costs people money to social distance from others. Many people just don't care about covid distancing ryc unless covid personally affects them.

My sister died from Covid and I'm acutely aware of its consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

I'm not encroaching on anybody space. I've seen lots of people not scan their card until they pay the till operator. I'm not finished my shopping until I pay. (If the app reader was located at where goods packed this problem wouldn't arise). If one were to forget to immediately scan the app, it's perfectly acceptable to politely ask the customer behind you to keep 2m away from you while you scan the card.

In my case the customer refused to do this, therefore they were being unreasonable as there was nobody behind them and they could easily have stepped back. You would swear it costs people money to social distance from others. Many people just don't care about covid distancing ryc unless covid personally affects them.

My sister died from Covid and I'm acutely aware of its consequences.

Yeah, it was part unreasonable if they had space to move back. Could have politely done that. But mentioning the color/race sets a different premise here. People react differently irrespective of color.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

Yyhhuuu I am very sorry for your loss.

I agree, it's no big deal for someone to wait back towards the beginning of the conveyor belt until the person ahead is finished. Some people have no patience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement