Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kids garden swings and slides?

Options
  • 06-03-2021 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting the kids (4 & 5) some timber swings/slides/play house. Anyone know of any good offers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Looking at getting the kids (4 & 5) some timber swings/slides/play house. Anyone know of any good offers?

We got a set from Hennessys. You have to put it together yourself but it's very good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

https://www.junglegym.ie/climbing-frames/climbing-frames-with-swing

i bought a set off this site last year. there are a load of sites that in effect all sell the same things, all much the same price. i ordered off these because i thought they were Irish and i i thought they had the shortest delivery time.

it turns out they are not particularly Irish (Irish agent but they all seem to come from the same company abroad) and the delivery times ended up the same as the rest of them.

anyway it came in the end and consisted of a pallet of timber ( no markings no drills holes, just cut wood)and a packet of drill bits about a thousand screws and a set of assembly instructions. it took me a good few days to put it together but in fairness it was not that hard and in the finished product was good and the kids love it.

if i was doing it again id spend the extra 100/150 quid or what ever to have it put together on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

I will definitely be staying away from that one. Jungle Jyms did look good but to pay that much money you would expect pre drilled holes and instructions at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

There’s a good few crowds who advertise on Facebook who do them to order. They’ll usually make it to suit your budget, and make exactly what you need/want/can afford. The crowd that we got ours from came and put it up, dug the holes, secured it into the ground etc. Tbh, I don’t think I’d do it any other way, it was much easier than getting getting a divorce or having to find somewhere to bury the body after one of us would murder the other over a dispute about where plank A and screw B were

jlm29 wrote: »
    There’s a good few crowds who advertise on Facebook who do them to order.

Had a look on Facebook. I'd be lucky if I weren't signed up to numerous swingers groups now. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

jlm29 wrote: »
    There’s a good few crowds who advertise on Facebook who do them to order. They’ll usually make it to suit your budget, and make exactly what you need/want/can afford. The crowd that we got ours from came and put it up, dug the holes, secured it into the ground etc. Tbh, I don’t think I’d do it any other way, it was much easier than getting getting a divorce or having to find somewhere to bury the body after one of us would murder the other over a dispute about where plank A and screw B were

can you tell us which ones you would recommend please..can only find old pages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    can you tell us which ones you would recommend please..can only find old pages

I actually looked the other day before I wrote that post and I couldn’t find the page. It seems they’re not there anymore. I’ve only dealt with that one company, but I know when I was looking at them, 2 yrs ago now, I checked a few different pages at the time. I assume there’s still a few there, but I don’t recall the names of the companies I didn’t buy from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

NIclimbingframes seem to be recommended around my area - I believe they are expensive, but good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

NIclimbingframes seem to be recommended around my area - I believe they are expensive, but good quality.

I second NIclimbing frames. They are brilliant! And the guys who delivered put it all together for us. Excellent quality! Much better quality then a couple of the places we went to see climbing frames in Dublin. And the Dublin ones were very expensive for what did not seem like quality. Also, they come out and fix if anything goes wrong. I wonder tho with brexit would you have to pay VAT and Customs now!?

Went with Hennessys in the end. Will update when it arrives and we install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

We went with NI Climbing Frames as well. It is pricey, but they came and put it up in 3 hours last week. Quality is good, it looks like it will last a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

https://m.facebook.com/pg/kidzkreationz.ie/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Kitz kreationz. It’s a guy based on Drogheda but he travels. Really good quality. He designs, makes and builds it all for you. :)

Advertisement