Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bank should be use?

Options
  • 23-09-2020 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi all,

My apologies for opening a new thread when some have been opened already however I've been reading them but don't match with reality.

As probably you know, AIB starts charging fees as ever so I've been considering to switch banks.

EBS, BOI & KBC have been the most recommended options however they're charging the same fees than others.

Sorry again but which bank is not charging maintenance fees (apart of the mandatory government stamp duty)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Would you care to point us to any of the posts you saw here concerning bank fees which 'don't match reality'?

You claim that EBS charges fees.

Which does not match with reality, an EBS Money Manager account has no fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kaldo

Yes, I read some posts (Sorry I don't remember where they are but I will search for them and get back to you). KBC charges 6€ fees every trimester but I read there were no fees neither. Anyway, let me check it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,527 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Kaldo wrote: »
    As probably you know, AIB starts charging fees as ever so I've been considering to switch banks.

AIB have been charging fees for some time now, they are extending this to people with balances over €2,500
    Sorry again but which bank is not charging maintenance fees (apart of the mandatory government stamp duty)?

EBS do have a fee free acount, but (compared) to AIB, the website is a bit basic and it don't think they have an app, or support Apple/Google pay.

If you don't need/want these "extras", then the EBS Money Manager is for you, but if you want more you pay for it in charges, lower charges does mean fewer features.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Yes, I read some posts (Sorry I don't remember where they are but I will search for them and get back to you). KBC charges 6€ fees every trimester but I read there were no fees neither. Anyway, let me check it

KBC is free fees if you lodge €2,000 into your account each month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Delta2113

AIB have been charging fees for some time now, they are extending this to people with balances over €2,500

EBS do have a fee free acount, but (compared) to AIB, the website is a bit basic and it don't think they have an app, or support Apple/Google pay.

If you don't need/want these "extras", then the EBS Money Manager is for you, but if you want more you pay for it in charges, lower charges does mean fewer features.

FREE EBS Money Manager and if you combine it with FREE Revolut gives you an app and support for Apple/Google Pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kaldo

OH... THANK YOU!

Advertisement