Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College placement interview help

• 27-09-2020 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi guys, I just today found out that I have an interview the week after next for my college placement. I’m a business student and my interview is with a large multinational in the aviation sector.

I’m delighted to have been offered the chance to interview with this company and would absolutely love to get the job, but I have very little experience with interviews not to mind with a huge company like this.

Does anyone have any advice for me? The interview is being conducted remotely and I’m feeling some serious imposter syndrome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Congratulations on getting the interview. There is lots of interview advise on YouTube. Look up videos on Skype/zoom interviews to make sure you look professional on screen. Also find out more about competency based interviews and how to use STAR method. STAR is Situation Task Action and Result. It’s a way of describing projects you have worked on that fit the company competencies (such as team building, communication skills.) the interview might not be competency based so also practice regular interview questions like “where do you see yourself
    In 5 years time.
    If you can practice with a friend (even online) you will feel more confident on the day. Buy a shirt and tie and you are ready!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭r439z5ifwt8soq

Agree with previous post about the STAR method. Prepare a couple of examples of times you did things, even group projects in college. It's good to put some structure on any examples you give so you don't ramble

Also, think about it from their perspective. They're by no means expecting a young genius to be onboarded. They most likely want someone who shows that they're enthusiastic, willing to learn, willing to put the work in, and someone who's not a bull**** artist!

Most importantly, although you might feel a bit of imposter syndrome, you're the exact type of candidate they're looking for. Otherwise, they wouldn't be seeking people from college.

Advertisement